Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 10:36

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Weekly Support Thread 10/18

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd start a new thread since its a new week. Things are going GREAT with me. Over the weekend I dropped 3 lbs not all in one day (I know this isn't the "average" weight.) But it sure will help the average and it sure feels good to see the numbers going down. I was stuck for 2 wks, so the lesson here.... patience pays off CAD is a great program that works for me. So I am starting the week on a happy note

I did my morning cardio this morning. I sure am motivated more when I see the numbers drop Have a good Monday all! Check in when you get a chance!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CAHHP
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:???
Progress:

Wow, congrats on the 3 lb loss! Good to see you stuck with it over the weekend. Wish I could say the same but unfortunately had some stress-induced monster RMs . It's a lot easier to get back on plan during the week I've found, so hopefully I'll be on track in a few days. Like Zuleikaa said, CAD is the easiest "diet", because it really doesn't feel like one. Hope everyone else had a good weekend~
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 11:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Jill, Congrats on the loss.

I am still going good on the quit smoking. And had to do a restart today with CAD but will be fine.

Have a good day everyone!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 13:53

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi guys,

Wow.. good news in here! Congrats on the quitting smoking, Amy.. that is just wonderful. And Jill...3lbs is great! Good work!

I'm doing fine.. having a much easier start to this week with all my fellow staff members actually here this week!

Now..to try and balance my RM tonight!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 05:33

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Good Morning all!

How is everyone doing? Its Wednesday we are half way through the week. My week is still going great. I am starting to enjoying walking in the morning I have decided that I am doing this for "me". So often I do things for others, with 4 boys and a dh, that seems like all I seem to do so this is for me! It feels great!

spirit03- How's the rest of the week going? got some balance at RMs now?

Amy- good job on not smoking

Vel- How did the balancing go? I am glad your week will be less stressful, that's good. Did the strike resolve anything??

Where's everyone else?? Missing you!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 06:19

BF:
Default Hello :)

Well, Ken picked me up last night after work and we ended up going to Red Lobster for all-you-can-eat shrimp. MMmmm. I had some caesar salad, two of their cheddar bay biscuits and a bit of pasta and the rest was all shrimp. It was delicious. Still not great balancing though, but I was down a half pound this morning so I'll take it. I managed to still work out too, which was great cause I usually never want to go after I have already had dinner.

And then.. to top it off, I got to watch my gorgeous Tom Wellig in Smallville last night, so a good night all around
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 12:34
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CAHHP
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:???
Progress:

Hi everyone! It's humpday, wish it were closer to the weekend though. Glad to see eveyrone's doing well! I have gone 2 days on plan (little unbalanced but that's how it usually is LOL) and I feel a lot better already.

momto4boys- good job on the walking, take advantage of the fall weather before the colorful leaves disappear and it gets cold! you really should feel take time to do something healthy and relaxing for yourself because you deserve it- must be very busy all the time with 4 boys.

vel- congrats on the scale moving down! I agree, RL's cheddar bay biscuits are very yummy, and so is Tom!

adukart- quitting smoking is a big accomplishment, you should be proud of yourself!

Have a good day everyone,hope to see more check ins later~
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 17:06
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Can't believe it is already Wednesday evening, so hello. Having a good week, with a strange RM carb- kiwi. Just have been craving kiwi, and had one tonight and just cut it in half and ate it with a spoon like an eggs. Just what I wanted.
Amy- keep us up to date on the not smoking. It is a wonderful thing for your body- congratulations!
Vel- I want to go to Red Lobster too! Love any shrimp, and what a great sounding RM.
Wishing everyone on CAD/CALP a great week on plan.
Eno
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 10:41

BF:

Update:

I did find out that I am allergic to Wellbutrin / Zyban. But I am going on with out it, 2 weeks 4 days smoke free.

Everyone sounds like they are doing real good, hope the weekend goes as well.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 00:52
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello CADer's,

So glad to see some new CAD folk checking in.

I had a bad reaction to my medication for my bladder so I have experienced hives this week (how miserable) which meant no WATP2. I have drank my water, but overdid my RMs a couple of times. I'll get myself back on track next week. I didn't realize how much I missed exercising. I must be sick!

CAD is the easiest diet I have ever done. I don't feel deprived. I couldn't do Atkin's as I missed my bread and potatoes. I try to do balanced RM's, but if I mess up, it doesn't cost me the pounds that it did on Atkin's.

Vel--glad you are getting your life back to normal. Is the strike over?

Amy--glad to hear you are not smoking! What a wonderful gift to yourself!

Jill--congrats on your weight loss. I hope to do that well next week!

Have a great CAD day!

Linda
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 06:19

BF:
Default Hi guys,

Looking good in here

Amy.. congrats on the smoking.. I know from others close to me how hard that is and you are doing great! I have heard a lot of people have trouble with those meds, but it is wonderful that you can just do it without them. Good for you!

I'm doing fine. The strike is suspended for now till we vote on the offer the government gave us and that won't likely happen till the beginning of December, so there is an uneasy truce for now. We are supposed to be working-to-rule however, but that is hard to do with senior clients that have often come from a distance to see us.

Nothing much planned for the weekend, just gonna play it by ear. I am hoping to make a start at cleaning out some cupboards though. At the rate I move, I have to start my spring cleaning now! LOL
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 08:37

BF:

Linda, I have been fighting hives for two weeks because of the allergy to wellbutrin and am also not working out. I can relate to how much you miss it and how weird that is. I never used to do any type of activity but after I started I really do miss it.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 19:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:

hi guys, i am the one that keeps quitting on this board and i dont blame anyone if you dont want to respond,but i just love the tickerfactory weight loss things, but i cant figure out how to put it in my signature, is it just for this board or can i put it in my signature for any website i am on. i finally learned how to copy and paste, but i dont know what to do for cut and paste. thanks , in case someone wants to tell me how. i know you are a great group of people and no matter how many times i quit , someone from this forum always responded to me and kept supporting me, it means so much.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 04:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:

Hi Willbthin

I'll try to help - I managed this yesterday after a few tries! It didn't work on the other forum I post on, but that one's UK based and a completely different format.

Prepare your TickerFactory bar and highlight and copy the writing in the bbCode box.

Go into UserCP on this page - situated towards the top on the green bar on the left hand side.

Go into edit signature, then paste the bbCode into the signature box. I didn't have enough room because the signature can only be a certain number of characters so I had to delete a bit of my existing signature.

Then click on 'save signature' and your TickerFactory bar should be on your siggy.

Hope that helps - if not, just shout and I'll try to help!

(And by the way, don't worry about asking for help! I for one have fallen so often from my diet plan that I wouldn't dream of giving up on someone else who's facing exactly the same problems! We'll just keep trying, okay? )

Last edited by PizzaSue : Sun, Oct-24-04 at 04:25.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 04:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:

Another rise on my weekly average. 0.86 lbs this time, which mean I only weigh about a pound less then when I started 8 weeks ago. Grrrrrrrr....

I'm just tooooooo greedy at my RMs! Would it help if I reduced my hour to 30 minutes? Has anyone tried this? Or is it something that'll sort itself out in time? I've been on a diet since I was 12 and now I'm about to turn 35. My entire life has revolved around 'being good' and not having the foods I really wanted...so now that I can, legitimately, I can't stop (well, I do stop when the hour's up, but you know what I mean!)

Do you think this is something that time will sort out? I'd like to think so. The weight gain this week was because I had Chinese takeaway on Wednesday and fell off the plan on Thursday because I made the mistake of swopping my RM to lunch - otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have seen a loss on last week, so it's not as bad as I'm making it sound.

Any words of advice?