Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-08, 09:47
Paper beats rock?!?

Plan: Atkins! (Maintenance)
Stats: 178/147.6/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default Grr, argh -- post-goal complications: could it be the winter? Help!

So, all of a sudden, in the last ten days, my weight has gone haywire. I've put on four pounds, a tremendously quick and inexplicable gain (I'm now 149 -- I'd promised myself I'd change my stats tomorrow but I'm taking a deep breath and doing it now *weeps*). Thought it was water weight, but it never came off. DOH!

I'm a faithful Fitday PC user, so I know that my carb levels have remained exactly the same as they were in December and early January (my meal plans are pretty predictable). My calories do seem to have gone up just a little -- about 100 calories more a day, mostly in fats (mayo, sour cream). But how could that add up to four extra pounds?!?

As for why my calories have gone up -- for some reason, I've been feeling increased hunger. Actually, I think it's related to my general winter blues, fatigue and melancholy -- we haven't seen the sun in two and a half weeks here!!

Anyway, I've gone back to Induction-level carbs and am supplementing with cod liver oil. Also, as always, am working out three times a week. I guess I'm just looking for -- sympathy? commiseration? encouragement? your own tales of heroically vanquishing post-goal gain? I've got to say, it's so discouraging to get down to, and hold, your goal weight and then suddenly see it start going up for no apparent reason! Has this happened to anyone? I'm so anxious -- if you went above your goal, did you manage to get back down, and how?
Sponsored Links