Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 12:47
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Kassie, my best breakfast is protein combined with veges. I literally don't get hungry for the rest of the day if I eat that way.
Lately I've been having 2 bacon, 2 eggs and a cup of broccoli with melted cheese and decaf coffee 2 tb cream. Other breakfasts that completely fill me up are stirfrys with beef or chicken and veges. If I only have protein I'll be hungry in about 3 hours but with the veges I'm stuffed for a long time.

I wasn't sure about the wasa, but someone on this site will know. If its not on the approved list don't eat it at CM at least starting out.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 13:28

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile hello again

I think it is just great that you are going to try this Kassie... wait till you see how it takes away the cravings.

I do eat eggs for breakfast most days as I don't have a problem with them, but occasionally I want something different. I have had bacon, ham or other meat, including canned ham or turkey, or even salmon, mixed with a little mayo. It felt weird to be eating that for breakfast, but then I thought what the heck, it is basically just to have something to put in my stomach to tide me over, and get my body going in the morning. Someone suggested cream cheese on celery or cucumber, which sounds good to me but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

I would stay away from the Wasa bread for any CMs (complementary meals). I really do find that it is better to have only the foods on the list, if you possibly can.

Good luck.. keep coming in here and yakking, it has been a great source of info and support to me
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 14:23
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Oh cool Vel's suggestion reminded me... I love cream cheese on red bell peppers w/ a bit of salt. Yummy!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 14:28
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Kassie
I wouldn't have the Wasa bread. Try mixing up some protein with mayonaise or cream cheese and having that with allowed veggies. It's very filling and stays with you. You can have tuna, salmon, crab, clam. You can also make ham or chicken salad and have that in the morning. Don't think of the morning meal as breakfast. Just think of it as a meal that you have in the morning.

I also wouldn't make my reward meal at breakfast. I've found and a lot of CAs concur that if you have RM for breakfast you get hungrier and crave starches later in the day. A late brunch or RM lunch is fine.

Remember, until you learn your own particular body chemistry, you want to run as clean a program as possible.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 14:47
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I didn't realize that about the breakfast Zuleika... thanks for the education.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 22:16
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Question Hmmmm

Ok scratch the wasa cracker... how about Atkin Shakes? I mean I want something in my stomach, but meat is sometimes just to heavy for me first thing. Though I might be able to deal with tuna and mayo. I like that and its not heavy
I know I will have to prepare things ahead such as the said tuna salad the night before since my mornings with my kids are like a tornado of activity. Like all moms

I definitely want the RM at night so that I can have dinner with my family. You know, potatoes and stuff No wheat though
I never knew what intollerances do to a body. The cravings they produce. How fat goes around it and stores it. Amazing.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-02, 08:11
Finding the Pieces

BF:

I wouldn't do the Atkins Shakes either. I reacted to them. You might try keto shakes or whey protein shakes but you do have to watch for cravings. I would just start out according to program for at least two weeks before tinkering. By that time you will know what your normal body feels like and will be more attuned to subtler reactions.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-02, 08:34
Finding the Pieces

BF:
Smile Seasons Greetings

Made a boo boo

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Tue, Dec-24-02 at 08:41.