Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 14:07

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

pizzasue we'll learn won't we???? Why do we do that? I do the EXACT same thing...and this last time I had a gain of 6lbs! CAD is soooo liveable that really it doesn't matter how long it takes for the weight to come off because we know it will and we know we can live this way. It trully IS one the easiest plan I have ever been on!

Vel, the squash is yellow or zuchinni. I use butter and saute it...sometimes I let it brown alittle sometimes just get soft. It is really yummy! I have also made some hv ranch dressing to try to get my salads in.
Bit of a problem I have to solve: I am going to be required to eat lunch with the kids at school. quit frankly it is hc junk! They tried to do it once before but that got changed...well now we are getting quality rating and with that they expect the teachers to eat with the kids...I don't want to waste myu rm on that kind of meal! UGH I may just pick at my food and throw it away...(Not a good example I know) I just hope I am not tempted to nibble as it will throw everthing off! I don't want those cravings to come back!!!
Actually that is what threw me off this week...I tired swtiching my rm to lunch and I caved when I got home. Hoping I can figure something out.

Thankyou for the kitty sympathy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 14:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sometimes it makes me wonder if the Hellers weren't wrong about weighing in everyday. I am off plan right now. I think if we didn't have to look at that darn scale every single day, alot of us would stick to it better and not tell ourselves that some other diet would work better.

Umff, I am just frustrated. I have been off plan for a week and have lost a pound. Now that really messes with my mind. I am awaiting the delivery of my book I ordered, the Hellers new one. Hopefully then I will get back on track but right now I am taking a break.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 15:04
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Those going off and off right now might need to add vitamin D to their supplement mix.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 15:15

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Sue, Sometimes we want to lose the weight so bad and get so impatient with CAD because it can be so slow. You just need to remember that any little loss all adds up.. Even if it is a little as 1/4 lb. I know it doesn't seem like much, but in the long run, you still have lost. Stress also plays a part in slow weight loss.

Take each day at a time and you will be back on track before you know. Remember we are here to give you encouragment if you need it. Good luck.

Karen, Wow, that is quite a pickle you are in.. Why do they insist that all the teachers eat the food? Can't you tell them you are on a special diet? What if you were diabetic and could not eat some of that stuff? I don't blame you for wanting to waste your RM on school food. An RM should be one that you enjoy and where you enjoy the food too. That is what it is all about. Do they serve any types of salads etc? Anything that would be considered legal for a CM? Boy, I sure do hope you can figure out a solution to this problem. This would upset me terribly. Keep us posted.

Amy, I don't think you need to weigh everyday if you really don't want to. I think it helps to average your weight, but if it makes you frustrated, then don't do it for awhile and see what happens. It is not set in stone. Everbody is different. Even tho you are off plan right now, at least you have lost 1 lb. That is great. It doesn't sound like you are getting out of control with your eating, so that is good. I have the new Heller's book. In a way I was kind of disappointed in it. Not too sure what I was expecting. It does give some good tips on how to get back on plan, so hopefully this will help you.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 07:24

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Happy Friday!

Geesh, Karen.. that would make me MAD about the lunch thing. I really don't think they can force someone to eat carbage like that. It is not right. I would get my doctor to write a note, if need be, saying that you need to eat certain whole non-carb foods only. Let them try and challenge that. I don't think it would adversly affect the children at all, to see you bringing a nice healthy salad with protein, or something else from home and eating it with them. And if its a cold lunch it won't take any time to prepare. Grrr... stuff like that bugs me!

I'm doing alright here.. suffering with the cold still and almost called in sick today but thought better of it.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 08:09

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Karen- I don't see how they could make you eat that food. I'd brown bag it with a salad or a sandwich fixed with lettuce. There's no way I'd have someone tell me what I HAD to eat. I am not 3 after all!!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 08:42

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning,

It feel so good to be back on plan again. I have not been too concerned with how much I ate, but more of just trying to get rid of the carbs cravings and I feel like those cravings are all gone now, at least I hope. I will have to really be careful this week-end that I don't backslide.

Karen- I sure hope you can come up with a solution to your problem. I would be devestated if I had to do that. Good luck and keep us posted on how this turns out.

Vel- I hope you get over your cold soon. What is the old saying for a cold? :3 days getting here, 3 days here, and 3 days going" or something like that.

Everyone have a great week-end
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 09:54

Well am home sick again today Won't have to worry about the lunch thing just yet. We have a quiet time while the children are napping and that is when we currently eat our lunches we bring....I am hoping that I can still use it for that and just pick at my food during the kids mealtime. My concern is that I don't get so hungry that I eat any of the food I shouldn't..such as potatoes. (They have very good canned potatoes and rolls) If I can make it through the meal without nibbling then I will be ok I think.
I can't eat anything else at the table as they see that as cruel to the children since they can't have any of it...soooooooooo I will just have to wait until breaktime.
Hey maybe I can bring a baggie and stick a roll or whatever in that when the kids aren't looking and take it home for my RM!lol
I'll keep you posted
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 16:53
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Quiet on the list today- so I'll just pop in.
Having a great week on plan, even if there is a piece of tiramisu in my fridge that I may not get to eat. Went out last night and had a terrific dinner of chicken, asparagas, risotto and salad. My DH ordered dessert, and asked them to bring two forks so we could share, and did ask for it to come right away. 2 bites later I looked at my watch, and it was 60 minutes, so he was sweet and didn't eat it all and brought it home. We have a party to go to tonight, so I'm deciding if I want my RM here or there. Decisions, decisions.
Going out of town tomorrow for a week, so I'll catch up with you all then. Wishing everyone a great week on plan-
Eno
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 09:42

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi all

I am doing good this week. TOM is due any day now and the scale is dropping I do like to see those numbers drop. My Mom actually told me that I look skinny. It felt good to hear it Okay off to work with me. Have a Great CAD DAY all!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 13:51

YEAH!! FOR JILL! I am soooo motivated by your success! I remember a time when I couldn't wait to get up to see the scales progress everyday...Can't wait till I have that feeling again!

Finally over that flu bug today! It was yucky.

Have a good day everyone!