Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-24, 17:51

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%
Default I thought that meatless-meats were not selling well

Here are two companies with new meatless ideas.

Vegan burger stand opening at Coors Field this baseball season
https://www.denverpost.com/2024/03/...rs-coors-field/

For the first time in 140 years, Oscar Mayer to make meatless hot dogs
https://www.denver7.com/for-the-fir...atless-hot-dogs
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-24, 19:18

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Yuk yuk yuk!!

Yuk 😝

Garbage food.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-24, 19:37

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

It can take years to develop a new product line, so no doubt they had put tons of R&D money into it over the last couple of years.

The debuts of those meatless concoctions have been set up to unveil in the next few weeks.

There's no doubt that production on those products commenced weeks (or even months) ago, so they have stock that they really need to try to sell.

This stuff about the meatless market is just wishful thinking though:
Quote:
The company says it projects plant-based meat alternatives will go from an $8.3 billion market in 2023 to $19 billion by 2030.

And they base that projection on the fact that the potential meatless market didn't even double from almost nothing to a little more than nothing over a period of... 7 years!

Quote:
According to a 2022 poll by the Vegetarian Resource Group,6% of the U.S. adult population considers themselves vegan or vegetarian. In 2015, a similar poll found that 3.4% of Americans said they never eat meat, indicating that there is a growing number of Americans opting not to eat meat.

Never mind that data was from 2 years ago, and since then the fake meat market has dropped off - they have money invested in it, and by Jove they're going to sell as much of that fake meat as they possibly can... before they suddenly announce that they're discontinuing their fake meat dept.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-24, 04:17
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Most MLB parks try to cater to just about everyone these days, and I don't blame them. They want your money, so they'll sell you what sounds appealing. There are gluten-free stands, kosher hot dog stands, etc. Coors Field food services are run by Aramark. I used to work for them. That was their game plan on our university campus, too - try to have something for everyone. No doubt you will be paying a HUGE premium for your pea protein hockey puck on a bun.

(Incidentally, I have the recipe for their burger sauce mentioned in the article if anyone wants it - it's ELITE. 😜 )

I don't blame big companies like Oscar Mayer (Heinz/Kraft) for trying to take their piece of the pie, too. Like Calianna said, it takes a big investment of time and money to develop the product and the biggest companies are the ones with the money. I'm sure the Oscar Mayer weenies will be better than Yves. Those are trash.

I DO hope the products are expensive enough to deter people.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-24, 11:01

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Most MLB parks try to cater to just about everyone these days, and I don't blame them. They want your money, so they'll sell you what sounds appealing. There are gluten-free stands, kosher hot dog stands, etc. Coors Field food services are run by Aramark. I used to work for them. That was their game plan on our university campus, too - try to have something for everyone. No doubt you will be paying a HUGE premium for your pea protein hockey puck on a bun.

(Incidentally, I have the recipe for their burger sauce mentioned in the article if anyone wants it - it's ELITE. 😜 )

I don't blame big companies like Oscar Mayer (Heinz/Kraft) for trying to take their piece of the pie, too. Like Calianna said, it takes a big investment of time and money to develop the product and the biggest companies are the ones with the money. I'm sure the Oscar Mayer weenies will be better than Yves. Those are trash.

I DO hope the products are expensive enough to deter people.

"Pea protein hockey puck on a bun"

Good way to describe it!

But then everything at these places is excessively overpriced.

It's not just sports arenas - it's just like how movie theater concessions are outrageously priced. The owner/managers know what the customer wants to eat while there, and provides it at an ultra-premium price.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-24, 03:04

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I see this whole craze as one where they fell for their own marketing.

Youtubers I follow are pushing back against Body Positivity and Diet Culture influencers who are being paid to tell people "food is food" and "don't deprive yourself, that's a restrictive eating disorder" and "start the day with a spinach smoothie and eat what you want!" and other nonsense.

All to normalize the overweight, which comes from Frankenfoods, which is their own creation.

However, a severe snag has developed, as these Influencers are passing away at young ages, from obesity complications. So the public has turned to drugs because they are honestly confused about what to do and the long decades of bad advice that DID lead to this.

How can anyone blame the food pyramid? We've got people now who have great difficulty not eating that way. Between bad digestion, too much fiber, poor gut health, and the metabolic effect of highly processed carbs, these people who grew up thinking this Food Plan of Marketing was "normal." These are the generations who believe in low fat, high fiber, grains are good, and meat is dangerous.

I don't know if we can make much progress until there's as much invested in actual health as there is in the money that can be made from ruining it.