Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 19:36

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Pizza Heaven!

I forget who posted this idea but I tried it and MMMM good!! And SOOOO low in carbs!

Take a bunch of pepperoni slices (I use Armour Italian Style) and lay them on a plate - 17 slices is 1 carb

Put a dot of tomato sauce on each slice (I use Hunt's Tomato Sauce, No Sugar Added) - Im not sure on the carb count, but its really low cause you only use...Id say 3 tbls. of sauce.

Throw some shredded cheese on top (I use store brand Pizza Style Cheese) - 0 carbs for 1/4 a cup (thats all the cheese I use...)

Stick it in the micro and watch it til the cheese melts and eat!

Oh so good!!! Im in love!! Thank you whoever posted the idea first! The carb count is probably 2, calories are about 240. Youll have to check the label of the sauce you use, but the Hunts stuff works great. I bet you could add seasonings or mushrooms and make it anyway that you want. I was wondering how it would taste if you used alfredo sauce instead of tomato...I saw the post for the white pizza and I think they used alfredo...Hmm!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 18:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/???/120 Female 5' 3
BF:way/too/much!!
Progress: 0%

Sounds yummy - thanks!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 10:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/205/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 18%

OK, I tried this.. Talk about yummy. Perfect for me. I don't like pizza sause so I just used pepperoni and cheese. Afterwards I was thinking of adding some other meat.. Definately something I will be eating more often
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 10:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/163.5/130 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 60%

Yum. I missed pizza. Got creative the other night and fried a LC tortilla till crispy on one side, almost crispy on the other. On the crispy side put a tablespoon of spagetti sauce, some pepperoni and 1/4 cup cheese. Power was out, so instead of putting in oven, put the lid on the pan til the cheese melted. A personal size pizza, and it was very good. Whole pizza came to about 5.5 carbs! Just right to go with a salad for dinner.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 11:41

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

I also eat pepperoni. I never thought about making it with cheese and sauce before. Good idea! I buy the Hormel Turkey Pepperoni. Hormel has started putting out pepperoni and ham in snack sizes in resealable ziplock type bags so I buy those weekly just about. The turkey pepperoni has half the calories (not that I"m counting calories....still trying to break the habit of that!!!) but I also love that you can eat 17 and it costs you no carbs and it also has no sugar.