Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 410/385/200 Male 183 centimeters
BF:
Progress:
Cool 10% done, 90% to go ...

Hello Everyone,

I am glad there is this section for people just like myself! I am one of the low carbers that needs to lose "half of myself" (about 200 lbs) and so far so good on Atkins - 20 lbs and counting! I just wish Canadian businesses were more friendly towards carb reduced diets, as they are in the US. Anyway, this is all about a life style change and not substituting regular sweets for low carb sweets with sugar alcohols and all the associated side effects!

I read a post about how people can be so mean to us "horizontally challenged" people and I have quite the list of "attitude" I have come across over the years:

- The friends and family that criticize you for your weight problem, but when you say you are going to do something about it, either the diet is wrong or you will NEVER achieve your goal. To all of them I say - "wait and see" in a couple of years.

- All those who do not even give you the time of day, but who I am sure, will suddenly want to be best friends when you are "normal" - Who needs them?!?

All I can say is that I have tried several "diets" in the past and failed miserably. I have learned that the key is in looking at this as a long term, life style change or you will end up where you started.

I wish everyone in the "TDC" all the best of luck in your challenges!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 12:23

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

congrats on the 25 pounds gone! thats great best of luck to you on your continued success
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

GREAT ATTITUDE!! It is always best not to focus on the goal, but learn from and live the journey one day at a time.

Keep it up. You're doing great!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 18:13

Plan: Akins,
Stats: ---/---/--- Female 66
BF:
Progress:

Welcome, there is lots of support and helpful information here.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 18:42

Plan: modified me
Stats: 274/258/199 Female 64
BF:don't want to know
Progress: 21%

Welcome Congrats on the weight loss. I am sure that you will do well. You will be able to learn a lot of stuff here and get great support.