Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 08:53

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%
Default Just saying hello.....

WOW What a year,

I have been away for a whole year.
Busy with life and then ........Our house burned flat on March 23, 2019.
So super crazy, busy with all that and in the thick of rebuilding before winter

BUT here I am. Back onto Low carb after gaining about 15 pounds after the fire which I totally couldn't afford but here I am . Never giving up is the way I roll.

Feeling better and seems I have conquered the leg cramp issues, Hopefully. That was keeping me out of the game they were so horrendous no matter what I did and I have tried it all. right now salt and magnesium glycinate seem to be working.

Just wanting to reconnect and get back on track. I know this works so well from me. I have lost 40 pounds in 10 weeks and 40 pounds in 12 weeks a few times that I have stayed the course. Now I just really want to make this my lifestyle. I think we are far enough along in the rebuild that I can concentrate.

Anyway just saying Hello!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 10:15

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Welcome back! I am SO sorry to hear about your house. That must have been incredibly devastating. Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to come back to low carb.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 10:21

Thanks so much, I am just now feeling as if I can get back to some sort of "normal" new normal I guess whatever that might be. Food was really a problem for awhile and we are living in our other garage with an outdoor kitchen. I have an electric stove with running water from the garden hose so it is actually really good for making my low carb meals. Winter is coming though so I will be losing running water pretty soon and we will be lugging water from the hydrant.

It has been a challenge but I have to get myself back on track with food. Feeling really hopeful and very encouraged because one of my huge problems before was all the muscle cramping but I seem to have that worked out for now with the mag and salt. Thankfully. I do have a lot of time to concentrate since mostly I am just waiting for the guys to build the new house. Some decisions and they are getting inside now so that is keeping me a little busier.

Just grateful to be moving forward!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 11:15

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Welcome back! I remember you from the “good ol’ days,” and I hope your “new normal” (and your new house) is everything and more. Cheers to success! Onward and upward! Or downward, as they say.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 15:25

Thanks, Yes it has been a long while but I do know this is the only thing that works for me. Just came home from a BBQ and even though I stayed Low Carb I can tell I still got into something that is bothering me. Burning pain. It won't last long thankfully. Maybe the vinegar in the homemade salad dressing.

I do feel ready to get back on track again. I always seem to be ready for this in the fall which is the worst time but it is what it is.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 16:58

BF:

I dig ya! I am on a trip in Oregon at the moment and haven’t been as LC as I should. I CAN NOT WAIT to get home and eat right. Seriously. 3 more nights....
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 18:24

I Love your Quilt Blog! I am also a quilt artist but lost all of my quilts , my 15 sewing machines, My Gammill long arm and about 2000 yards of fabric in the fire. We are rebuilding and the studio is 22 x 28 but boy is it gonna be empty when we first get in there. I don't know what I can find for pictures but I'll see if I can find any.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 19:13

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppetlady
I Love your Quilt Blog! I am also a quilt artist but lost all of my quilts , my 15 sewing machines, My Gammill long arm and about 2000 yards of fabric in the fire. We are rebuilding and the studio is 22 x 28 but boy is it gonna be empty when we first get in there. I don't know what I can find for pictures but I'll see if I can find any.

Oh, that's horrible. I remember your quilts! I am so sorry .
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-19, 22:55

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppetlady

How terrible. I can’t even imagine... I hope...I don’t know what I hope, I just hope there is a silver lining in there somewhere. Prayers for you.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-19, 01:57

Thanks, I am finding ( the fire ) a unique experience in some ways and then in some ways just another loss in life that I have to find my way through. It ties in with the things I identify as important to me and my quilting was a big comfort to me. I am hoping it isn't so hard once the house is built again. I am certain life is different going forward. Not trying to put it all back together and being able to let it go is a big part of accepting it. With everything gone, it is most certainly a new life.

It seems strange to be writing about it here and yet, It is simply because after 5 months I finally feel as if, me being able to concentrate on Low Carb is a step in the right direction of taking my life back. I finally feel able to "pull it together" in a way that already takes a lot of effort. It is me saying I won't give in or give up or just let this thing knock me down completely.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-19, 09:41

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Welcome back! The first time I lost about 30 lbs. on LC, I also stopped because of a pretty traumatic event. It took a long time for me to get my head and my heart back on straight. It's a tough thing.

I'm so sorry to hear about all your losses. Some it insurance will cover, but they sure won't cover sentimental things like photos or all your finished work. My mom is a quilt and fiber artist, too, and I know how devastating that would be.