Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 22:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/195/170 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default A Young one working it

guys im 16, and heres my gym log, before I show u that, I eat around 15-20 g's of carbs a day, good amounts of protein and all that good stuff, drink plenty of water (I pee diamonds), and im 6'2, use to be 280, now im 192, I do not know my Body Fat % or what my estimate healthy slim weight I should be at. now heres my log

5x a week workout in gym
(3x a week) - lifting a bit, usally 40 pounds for legs, 40 for back, 40 on triceps and 20 each bicep, 40 on 2 arm curls, this is with dumbells, I do use alot of the machines afterwards. all 3 sets, reps about 10-12.

(5x a week) - I run about 2.5 miles on the eliptical which is great, do a few miles on the bikes ocassionally. I burn about 600-700 calories total. ( I dont know how much I should burn to get real slimed down, and I probably comsume less then 1,300 calories a day)

and on weekends I usally walk a good mile or 2 on saturday and sunday.

Can someone figure me out? hehe help me and I thank you much!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 06:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282.6/273.1/225 Male 6' 3"
BF:34/33/17%
Progress: 16%

Your body is in starvation mode at 1300 calories per day and burning 600-700 per day.

For reference, I eat between 2200 and 2500 calories per day and burn between 600 and 1000 calories per day through exercise.

You're definitely not eating enough, a common mistake. On some days I up my calorie intake to nearly 3000, because I don't want my body to go into starvation mode.

Your body will actually retain weight if you go into starvation mode, it has to keep you alive somehow :O
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 08:42

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%

http://www.ecybex.com/education/cal...s/bmr_calc.html
Stephen go to this website and read about BMR. If you cut your calories too low your body will hold onto everything it can. Also, if you exersise heavily your body will go Catabolic (eat your muscle for food) Not good.

Jag