Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 14:14

Plan: Atkins-Stillmans
Stats: 185/165/120 Female 5'4"
BF:?????? no way!
Progress: 31%
Question ?? How long till you notice loss of lbs or inches

Hi All, I was wondering how long before you would notice a loss of lbs or inches. I have been doing watp video for 1 mth every single day this past month. No results. I have lost neither lbs or inches. Any suggestions and or comments greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 20:45

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink

I don't know what videos watp are, but cardio does increase heart rate and speeds up metabolism, but are you doing any weight training along with that? Are you eating enough to sustain your body through all that exercise? Getting enough protein to build your muscles? Gotta work those muscles but feed them well too. Just my suggestion

~ Cori ~
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 07:46

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default watp

WATP = Walk away the pounds

There is a thread here in the ExForum for it ... maybe they can give you a better idea (I don't use that program)

WALK AWAY THE POUNDS
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 10:59

thanks for responding I did not even think to spell it out just assumed everyone knew it. The video is walk away the pounds. I eat protein since I am on Atkins but maybe not enough or too much. I do not lift weights of any kind the most I do for exercise is the videos and the treadmill (occasionally) and tae-bo. Do you think weight training would help and what would I need to do? I have a gym memebership but just do not know how to use most of the equipment up there. Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks so much
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 11:02

Thank you trainerdan for the link. Maybe I can get some questions answered
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 11:02

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

I would definetely recommend doing strength training exercises if you want to look your best

If you don't know how to use the equipment at the gym, ask somebody! Whether it's another member or somebody that works there, they will most likely be more than happy to show you how things work.

As for exercises, I really enjoy the Body For Life lifting program. Check otu the link below for some great tips and a good beginners program that Trainerdan put together.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=28035
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 11:17
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I'm with mrschmelz... a combo of cardio and weights might do the trick. I love the BFL training program - it gives full body workouts and time for your body to recover. The combo of cardio and weights have worked wonders for me.

I do take in more carbs than is normal for Atkins but it has been working for me. Good luck!

Kiks
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 13:18

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink

I've been lifting for about a month now, and I'm by no means an expert. I started out with absolutely no clue what to do. I had to get orientation from the staff to learn the machines. I felt like an idiot the first few times, but now I'm pretty good at knowing what weights to move and what my seat position should be. It just takes practice. No one looked at me funny when I fumbled around, no one laughed when I dropped my clipboard a hundred times. Now that I'm more comfortable I see other people fumbling around. Just be confident that you're doing something healthy for your body and screw what everyone else thinks. I pay $45/month for a Y membership and it's the best spent $45. I can swim, I can treadmill, I can lift weights... and I don't have to store it all. If you have a membership, then by all means, use it!