Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/151.5/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Anyone try the Carb Smart ice cream products?

Has anyone tried the Half gallon, fudge bars, or the ice cream sandwiches? If so what did you think? Also do these stall weight loss for anyone?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 11:57
Registered Member

Plan: My own version of Atkins
Stats: 252/135/150 Female 65 Inches
BF:
Progress: 115%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKDS
Has anyone tried the Half gallon, fudge bars, or the ice cream sandwiches? If so what did you think? Also do these stall weight loss for anyone?

I've tried the fudge bars and they are fantastic. Doesn't affect my weight loss.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 12:04

Stats: 240/215/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

I have tried the Carb Smart Ice Cream Bars....you know, the vanilla ice cream with the chocolate out coating...and they are great! I also have a half-gallon of the vanilla ice cream in my freezer and I like it. I have heard a lot of people say they like the fudge bars, but I have those too and I have only eaten one. I thought they didn't taste very chocolatey and they are very light colored...I don't really care for them.
As far as stalling..I couldn't really say they do or don't because I've been stalled for about a month, but I have also been eating the SF candy bars, made treats at home, low carb cookies, etc. I think I'm going to do a refeed this weekend, then start at induction again on Monday to see if I can get things moving again...and give up the treats for a while. I started first part of Jan this year and have lost 23-25 pounds..keeps moving back and forth.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 12:08
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

I'm tried the LeCarb ice cream. Pretty good at 5g per 1/4 cup.

It's a treat....a lot of these "treat" stall people. Make sure you look at the nutrition label, not the "net carbs". The only carbs I subtract from the total are the dietary fiber.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 12:12

Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

I ate Carb Options mint chocolate chip the other day and my stomach is still paying for it. It tasted pretty good but not worth it in the end (haaa no pun intended). I will not eat that nasty stuff again.

I'm learning that sugar alcohols are NASTY and definitly slow weight loss down, they aren't what they are claiming to be IMHO.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 12:14

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

I've had the Carb Smart 1/2 gallons. Tired Vanilla and Chocolate and I'm HOOKED on the vanilla. GOOD stuff (chocolate is good too but I prefer the vanilla personally). I had to stop eating it though. If I remember correctly it's pretty low in SA's compared to like an Atkins bar. But my problem was it was TOO good and I started craving and such. 1/2 cup of something heavenly is not much! I'm saving it for holidays and maintenance only.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 12:42
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I tried the carb smart vanilla bars and the fudge bars. They knocked me straight out of ketosis for the first time ever.

Didnt cause me to stall, but I checked twice just to make sure.

I dont trust the carb counts on them, but now I count half the amount of sugar alcohols as carbs, I seem to do much better without being knocked out of ketosis.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:03

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I really like the Vanilla 1/2 gallon. My only problem is that at 1/2 c. servings, the 1/2 gallon takes way to long to finish and it gets freezer-burned. I wish they came in smaller packages.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:25
Registered Member

Stats: 243/199/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 45%

I enjoyed both the vanilla and strawberry ice cream but had a hard time controlling the portion size. Even though the Atkins ice cream is more expensive you pay for portion control. When I ate the Atkins ice cream it did not stall me but the lack of control with the Carb Smart ice cream brought me to a halt.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:50

Stats: 293/211/195.0 Male 73 inches
BF:32/15.26/10
Progress: 84%

I ate 2 servings a day last week of the strawberry and choc almond coated bars and lost 5lbs for the first time since first month. Probably not a result of the ice cream(they call it dairy dessert) but hey we'll see this week I'm working on a half gallon of choc mint. 2g per 1/2 cup but 4g sugar alcohols. They don't stall me just tear me up inside. I can usually get away with less than 10g SA a day and just be mildly affected. I am going to stay away from these so call treats though because I don't want to redevelop old eating habits. I figured I deserved it after celebrating 6 months on this way of life and expecting a newborn anytime!!!! STRESS!!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:51
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

LeCarb is good an only has glycerine.

The Bryers carb smart icecream has fructose and sugar alcohols listed. I tried the rocky road and though it was thin, more like a low fat skim milk icecream.

Ben & Jerry's Lc half baked was icky. It was gritty and not that great. It also has sugar alcohols.

The new KETO icecream I havn't tried, but it lists both isomalt and malitol.

Endulge I have heard is very rich and creamy, b ut again sugar alcohols.

Any of these eaten on a very regul;ar basis would probably cause a stall. A diet full of icecream and treats isn't good no matter wha tplan you follow. Not to mention sugar alcohols can sometimes have a cumalative effect and the laxative side start happening anytime.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:58

Stats: 293/211/195.0 Male 73 inches
BF:32/15.26/10
Progress: 84%

Is this referring to Bryers? I was thinking blue bunny carb freedom. Bryers definitely is high in carb and bad ones. Blue bunny doesn't have any sugar except naturally from the milk according to ingredients. Bryers did mess me up Blue Bunny is very good and half the carbs of bryers. Very nice treat. The bars only have 2g per bar and are easier for portion control.

http://bluebunny.com/products/cf_nu...=Vanilla%20Bean
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 14:04

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
The new KETO icecream I havn't tried, but it lists both isomalt and malitol.

LadyBelle,

The Butter Pecan flavor contains neither isomalt nor malitol.
It has only polydextrose and glycerin.

H
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 14:39
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

You know what, they just started selling that here where I shop, and for the life of me I can't seem to get some cause everytime I go to buy some they are all out.

It's crazy.

Everyone is LC. That is a good thing but gees, leave me some too.

Hopefully I'll catch it this weekend when I go grocery shopping, I've been wanting to taste some for a month now.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 15:09
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Keto ice cream is dangerously good. :yum