Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-18, 21:43

Plan: Southbeach diet
Stats: 425/202/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 84%

Made tofu stir fry tonight. Very yummy!! I have two servings left so I'm bringing it to work for lunch Friday and monday. Glad I have another pack of tofu in the fridge. Janet please try the recipe I posted. That's how I made the stir fry. Instead of eating it like a lettuce wrap i added broccoli, onion, and more bell pepper. I have sugar free rice vinegar and I used siracha instead of the chili paste the recipe called for. I haven't made the veggie lasagna yet. Will try for it next week after I go to the farmers market.

I have been better on eating and working out. Not going to go on the scale . My focus is on eating right and exercise. Next week fiancee and I will both be adding weight training. Going to do cardio daily at the fitness center at work and weight training at the gym with him three times a week. We plan on going hiking at Letchworth on Saturday. Hoping to keep this up this time.
I am glad South beach is flexible. I like being able to eat a variety of foods. I am going to try to go meatless at least one day aweek. Hope everyone is doing well! Please check in and keep me posted.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-18, 09:38

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi; Maral{Lisa?
I will go back and try that recipe. I really like to learn how to make things with it. I also seen you can make Pudding? I will also add to Green smoothies also.

I got a brand That is organic super firm by. nasoya.
Thinking that when I have tried toful before maybe not taking out the water that is left in the Toful itself. So looks like [Until I open this brand has no water or very very little.

Today making chill{White but will also add little chicken along with the toful and white beans.
I think also it is a very good think to go at least 1-2 days with out meat. As long as you up protien with others stuff.

I also want to do weight training.As instead of walking {Which I can do at home on tredmil. And do weights 2 days a week and in few weeks get into the sauna.I also have to watch not worrying so much on numbers on scale.
I still having a little hard time.
But I just have to know I have done this before and keep true and Now have to just hit it.
I think I just get bored.
I got tea yesterday and should drink that. I also strted drinking coffee{Nothing in it and I put in glass and add lots of ice,{Ice coffee.
The only think that having chilly{Home made I do not know cals on it. on bowl.
{I use soup bowl cups.
seems like you and I are pretty close on what we do with our plan.
Life is what u make it and it might as will be a good healthy one. U feel so much better.

Izzy> Where Are you?
You are so strong too . As long as we post and keep talking it will help so much.
I will let you girls know how chill comes out with toful> Did you read that Izzy.? Toful
get book on South beach and just read and get more tips. But I eat that way any way. Clean and good foods and low carb. But health carbs and good fats.
I think also Diet pop may be hurting me and more cals last few days then I need.
Later girls.
Going to go get hair trimed.
Go Girls. Better health and mind and a great life.

#123   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-18, 11:07

BF:

Tried the toful and I love that brand. Supper firm. and u do Not have to drain.
Made chilli. Was good. Today maybe even better .
Having salad with feta cheese.
Also today had a smoothie{Small one.
Must get into those more>Like I used to.
And I think No snacks at night.
and see how that helps me .
Have a good day Girls.
  #124   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 10:09

BF:

Hey, Girls.
Where are you?Must be getting so skinny[That I can not read you.ha
Hope all is well.
Going to have soup today with blended Navy beans{To add more Fiber and Protien.
I'm' going to look into watercress and start useing that also.
Also start back and use Hemp seed~ Chia seed into Smoothies. and Should make Chia pudding which I like.
I also use Plant base protien prower~Other protien powder Like whey. But like to find healthier brands.

I also picked up Can 100% Pure Pumpkin{To add to Smoothie. Littte goes a long way and good for you.

Izzy>How are you doing?
Keep posting girls.
Lets try to get 2 lbs off this month.
  #125   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 11:31

BF:

hi janet-glad you liked the tofu. some people seem to not like it or want to try it because well its tofu.

izzy-how are you? hope you are doing well! check in and let us know how are you doing.

ladies,
I did terrible this weekend. I have been very sloppy with my food. back on the wagon again this morning. still doing a lot of emotional eating. I need to stop. I am tired of sliding and want to get to goal. back on the wagon today!!
  #126   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 13:52

BF:

Maral,
I have been slipping also. today is a new restart. I hate it when I do this to self. I Keep talking the heathly end and know as We all do> Is>It it is the head and wil power And I think that when we do what we spuld.Scale does not show it.
Plus.It is easier to be heavier and eat bad. But Boy It sure does not feel good on how we feel and how our bodie has changed.
I Have been having the hardest time this whole year.
But If We find some one{Like us. it does help.
We know we can. Just fight and know this will pass.
If I lose 2 lbs this month>that will be good also.
Just move that body.
I like tofu.{have to learn more. It is good for u.
I had a good smoothie this morning and added frozen banana, and 1/2 Avaco.
#3 big hand s of greens. chia., green powder. whey protien.
I should get BP2 peanut butter.

Just Keep going Maral. You came so far and u know how great u feel and how u look.
We can.
And Izzy. if u fell down> Get up and know we are here. We are having a hard time too.
Post.
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-18, 06:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetkind
Maral,
I have been slipping also. today is a new restart. I hate it when I do this to self. I Keep talking the heathly end and know as We all do> Is>It it is the head and wil power And I think that when we do what we spuld.Scale does not show it.
Plus.It is easier to be heavier and eat bad. But Boy It sure does not feel good on how we feel and how our bodie has changed.
I Have been having the hardest time this whole year.
But If We find some one{Like us. it does help.
We know we can. Just fight and know this will pass.
If I lose 2 lbs this month>that will be good also.
Just move that body.
I like tofu.{have to learn more. It is good for u.
I had a good smoothie this morning and added frozen banana, and 1/2 Avaco.
#3 big hand s of greens. chia., green powder. whey protien.
I should get BP2 peanut butter.

Just Keep going Maral. You came so far and u know how great u feel and how u look.
We can.
And Izzy. if u fell down> Get up and know we are here. We are having a hard time too.
Post.

thank you janet!! you are awesome!! I am glad you are here. we will do this!!!!!
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-18, 06:21

BF:

doing good so far since Monday. I have an app on my phone that calculates calories, carbs, protein and fat. I have been using that to make sure I am not eating too many calories. I am very glad that south beach is so flexible that I can pretty much eat a variety of things (including my protein, tofu, and veggie burgers). I am working out at the fitness center at work but need to get to the gym on the weekend. still not doing weight training. with my membership I am allowed to bring a guest. I am having a hard time getting my fiancée to go with me. I think I am going to see if anyone I know on facebook would like to workout with me. I really hate going bymyself but I know I need to put myself first. I am also hoping to keep this going. I just don't want to binge on carbs anymore!!

janet and izzy! please check in!! I hope you guys are doing awesome!! seriously cant tell you how glad I am that you are here.
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-18, 13:49

BF:

Maral,
It is hard is it not? Some times it goes great and We really are watching And then some how{Off we go~ not a good road.
This year has been really hard for me.
I'm getting back on track and small Smoothies.
And watching calaries and making better chouces.{But some times not as easy.
But I feel great and must say look good too. Now Not as low in weight as I thought I would be by now.
If I lived near you. I would be your gym body.
But u work really hard.
I got water cress today.and a Egg plant.
I really thing that calaries and the type of foods we pick is the key.
Good carbs vers bad and good fats vers bad fat.
And sugar bad.
And we have to move that body and build muscle.
As we age it is harder.
And when we lose weight that also means cals should be lower too.
Any diet plan works.
Just keep going and keep posting.

I hope Izzy has not fallen to bad and has just fallen to deep.]Izzy, We are here and get back on track. We all fall. It just how long?
We can do this. and We are.
Maybe by 1st. of the New year we can get more to joining. But
I will stay with u Maral and yes u 2 Izzy.[Get back.
2 Weeks left of this month. I sure hope 2-3 lbs gone.
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-18, 16:29

BF:

Hey janet and izzy,
How are you ladies doing?
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-18, 12:39

BF:

Doing ok. Have 2 weeks to get 1-3 lbs off. But?
Going next month and get check up and blood tests>To see if Im doing as good as I think.ha
I have been getting depress as of late. Comes and goes. That is not like me.
. Were is Izzy? Hope she is doing good. When some one is Not posting> That could mean she is having a hard time.
Im glad we post as I helps me.
later
  #132   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-18, 13:15

BF:

Quote:
Doing ok. Have 2 weeks to get 1-3 lbs off. But?
Going next month and get check up and blood tests>To see if Im doing as good as I think.ha
I have been getting depress as of late. Comes and goes. That is not like me.
. Were is Izzy? Hope she is doing good. When some one is Not posting> That could mean she is having a hard time.
Im glad we post as I helps me.
later

Hi janet. How are you? I am due next month for my blood work as well. I was very low.on vitamin d to the point that doctor had to prescribe me vitamin d. From my limited understanding i think it's supposed to contribute to depression? I have been very careful.and I have been making sure I take my vitamins and supplements. I really wasn't care in the past.

If you live in colder areas like I do the weather doesn't help either. You can do this!!! I bet you in when you get on the scale you will see a loss. You have been doing very well!! You are a very healthy eater which is amazing!!!

Today is a very boring uneventful day. This morning I woke up early, prepped dinner for tonight. Made fiancee peach cobbler and we are having roasted chicken for sweetest day. I am going to have sugar free jello tonight. That way I have a great when he eats that. Also went to the gym today and made myself cauliflower soup. I made it the same way as the zucchini soup ( broth onion garlic and veggies). I don't add grated cheese or sour cream to it.

Tonight we are just going to have a relaxing dinner and watch movies on netflix. It is cold and rainy outside so tonight is a perfect movie night.

Izzy hope you are doing well! Please post and.let us know how you are! Have a wonderful day ladies. Please check in and let me know how you are doing.
  #133   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-18, 07:34

BF:

Good morning Janet and izzy. How are you both doing. Please post and check in.

I made a huge roasted chicken in the crockpot yesterday. We have a ton of chicken meat left so I have going to repurpose it into two other meals. My fridge is full of leftovers. Honestly it is going to make the week easier as far as cooking.

Today I am going to the gym shortly and then going.to organize and take an inventory of what is in my back freezer. That way I know what we need to stock up on. We have bad winters. There have been several times where we have had seven feet of snow. I always make sure we are stocked up on food and pet supplies

Well ladies. Hope you both have a wonderful day! Hope all is well.
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-18, 10:23

BF:

Hi Maral.
It seems you are doing very well with keeping your plan and being healthier.
The weather today is cooler, But I love fall. Because ,I love Sweaters.
I got on scale and gained 3 lbs. I'm having a very hard time. I have not weighted in for few days. But decided to look.
Thought it would have been more. So this is kinda ok.
I go do Eye Dr. in couple hrs. for a check to see how eye is doing.
They said it is Biepnaritis > Dry eyes and eye lid imforamation.
Been last 3 weeks taking eye drops of storids.
It seems better.
I hope They say I can wear makeup and My eye liner.
I think too>I will next couple months to no have cheese and really start back of how I can reset.
I need to get back into Exersicing.
Tomorrow going to go to Redamax.{A place to get really good hambugars.Before they close for the Winter.
But I usally get Bean burgar wrapped in lettuce leaf.
But they also have a chicken wrap that I had in Mar. and that was good to.
Then go to the casiso and play little{Never win.
And then go for ride and look at trees turning color.
I wonder what happen to Izzy?{That is Not a good sign. Hope she gets back.
Your recipes seems so good and healthy. You go girl.
Is your Boy friend Healthy also or wanting to get there?
One thing>I think u said your Mother in law has and is doing South beach for few years. If so that helps u.
I know posting with u helps me.
But I sure need a big push and pull.
I can not believe that I started falling and Not as strong to stay with it.
I got a New sweaters and size is Small. and it looks great.
Just maybe when I go for check up we will see how blood work is.
You take care my New friend and we can do this.
Hi, Izzy.
Hope others will join in also.
later
I think also when we do smoothies or Salads to use diff. greens.
I take B12 also.
and other stuff.
Chia seeds. hemp seed.

Have a good day> You are doing so good.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-18, 09:09

BF:

Quote:
Hi Maral.
It seems you are doing very well with keeping your plan and being healthier.
The weather today is cooler, But I love fall. Because ,I love Sweaters.
I got on scale and gained 3 lbs. I'm having a very hard time. I have not weighted in for few days. But decided to look.
Thought it would have been more. So this is kinda ok.
I go do Eye Dr. in couple hrs. for a check to see how eye is doing.
They said it is Biepnaritis > Dry eyes and eye lid imforamation.
Been last 3 weeks taking eye drops of storids.
It seems better.
I hope They say I can wear makeup and My eye liner.
I think too>I will next couple months to no have cheese and really start back of how I can reset.
I need to get back into Exersicing.
Tomorrow going to go to Redamax.{A place to get really good hambugars.Before they close for the Winter.
But I usally get Bean burgar wrapped in lettuce leaf.
But they also have a chicken wrap that I had in Mar. and that was good to.
Then go to the casiso and play little{Never win.
And then go for ride and look at trees turning color.
I wonder what happen to Izzy?{That is Not a good sign. Hope she gets back.
Your recipes seems so good and healthy. You go girl.
Is your Boy friend Healthy also or wanting to get there?
One thing>I think u said your Mother in law has and is doing South beach for few years. If so that helps u.
I know posting with u helps me.
But I sure need a big push and pull.
I can not believe that I started falling and Not as strong to stay with it.
I got a New sweaters and size is Small. and it looks great.
Just maybe when I go for check up we will see how blood work is.
You take care my New friend and we can do this.
Hi, Izzy.
Hope others will join in also.
later
I think also when we do smoothies or Salads to use diff. greens.
I take B12 also.
and other stuff.
Chia seeds. hemp seed.

Have a good day> You are doing so good.

hi janet,
sounds like you have a wonderful day planned and your food choices look awesome!! i love clothes shopping and getting new things!! congratulations on the small!! that is awesome!!!!! I hope you are feeling better with your eye. please keep us posted on your day and how you are feeling. be patient with yourself. the fact that you are in a small shows that you are living a healthy and active lifestyle. you are doing absolutely amazing. we all have slip ups but you are doing fantastic!!!
fiancée is thin as rail. I am very jealous. He has a metabolism that burns thru everything. I literally can gain 20 pounds just looking at what he eats. He is very active which is great. we both like to hike and be in the outdoors. unfortunately this past summer we did not do much hiking compared to last fall. we have been doing projects in our house. He remodeled our basement and the bathroom downstairs. We still have more work to do, but are working on things one project at a time. hoping to get things done before next summer so we can get more hiking in.

still hanging in there. I will be weighing myself beginning of November so wish me luck. hopefully the numbers will be okay.

izzy! hope you are doing okay! miss you girl. send us a message and let us know how you are doing!!

have a good day ladies. hope to hear form you soon.