Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 20:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/200/155 Female 5 foot 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

I'm a teen, too (17). It's great to see that there are other teens doing this. My friends all seem to think it's stupid - they don't think it will work and they all say it's unhealthy. It'd actually be nice to get some positive remarks on my decision to change my life. I'd be happy to chat with anyone.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 23:43
Registered Member

Plan: high protein/low carb
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey, I'm also 17 now. I lost about 35 pounds LCing and I remember all the negative remarks and "opinions" I would get from everybody around me. Theyd tell me how great I look then ask me how I did it. As soon as I told them how they'd immediately jump down my throught saying how unhealthy it was and how a friend told them all the problems they had being on the diet and blah blah blah. At first it was pretty annoying but after a while I just learned to ignore them. But dont even pay attention to your friends... my friends said the same thing to me while they sat there eating a bag of cookies at the same time.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 15:01

Stats: 196/189/145
BF:Too Much :)
Progress: 14%
Default ahh...

Yeah, my friends are like that too! Hi! I'm 16 and I just got back on the diet, I had done it for about a month and had lost around 15lbs... I went out of town and came off of it. Stupid me! I gained most of it back. But now I'm on it and I plan on it staying that way. Best of luck to all of you on your diet!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 19:21

Stats: 217/215/130
BF:n/a
Progress: 2%

howdy ya'll

my name is sam and i am from the good ole state of south dakota

i just started today, my mom got me to do this and i am ok with it too my goal is to be a little skinner by april..my brother is gettin married in june'04 and im a bridesmaid and dont want to look like a blimp...

id also like to fit into some nice clothes and to be able to by smaller outfits but if u want to talk...let me know and if u need a buddy im here well most of the times haha
well i better get a goin so laters

yogi is out
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 19:50

Default Hey!

Welcome to the world of LCing! I wish you the best of luck! ... By April you'll be looking great... be sure to keep us updated on your progress... I'm wanting to lose 20-30 just this summer... not sure if it will happen, but hey, we'll see... I just have to make sure I don't cheat again like I did yesterday *slaps self on hand* bad me. lol. If you want a LC buddy let me know, and I'll get ya my email addy!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 20:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins turned CAD
Stats: 125/120/110 Female 5 ft 2 or 3 in/157-160 cm
BF:30%
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally posted by fated4ever
hello~
I would really like to have a low carb diet buddy too...I've tried doing induction but can never make it through cheating...>_<
maybe having a diet buddy will help. I added you to my buddy list felicia so hopefully i'll see you online sometime..=)

hey
my name is steph and i'm 19 from cali. (near san jose actually!)
i decided to do the CAD because atkins wasn't working right for me. it's GREAT to see people my age around here. good luck everyone!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 06:16

Default Hey!

Yeah it is nice to have people that are the same age as us to talk to about everything! Best of luck to you, too!!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 18:56

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress:

hey felicia, I've been on Induction for 2 weeks and maybe have lost 1 lb!! can't figure it out? my pants almost feel tighter!! help!! skatrmom
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 01:38

Plan: Atkins inducation
Stats: 127/122/105 Female 58 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

I'm a teen toooo!!!lol! Hullo! i'm Rebecca and i'm 15 and from CA.
well... if any one wants to talk to me: AIM: cluelesshobbit15. or e-mail me through Yahoo.com at shorty4life111. or if anyone wants to join a Yahoo group i made for LCing teens go to: groups.yahoo.com/group/lowcarbchristianteens

i've been LCing since...well i'm NOT dieting right now, and i haven't been lately... and i'll be CANDY CRAZY for halloween...anyhow!
tAwK 2 y'all L8er
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 02:04

Plan: Atkins inducation
Stats: 127/122/105 Female 58 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

skatrmom: you might just be losing water weight... i don't know... i had lost (but gained back) only 3 or 4 pounds but my clothing fit totally different...