Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 07:13

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 244/202/160 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Hello! Looking for ideas and inspiration

Hello! Also new here!

I'm having trouble sticking to Aktins/PP.

In my old way of thinking that would have meant abandoning all plans to eat healthy and returning to free style junk eating.

In my new way of thinking, this means I just need to find a way of modifying my WOE so that I can stick with this.

I've been reading up on the various other plans and it looks like the GO-Diet may work better for me.

The part I am really struggling with is breakfast - taking the time out to eat it and finding something that is palateable to me.

I think if I can just have a serving of yogurt or kefir in the AM, perhaps with a small amt of chopped nuts or a few berries - it will keep me satisfied and on track.

I would be very interested in seeing sample daily menus from the GO-Dieters here and sharing tips and ideas.

Thanks! Barefootgrrl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 09:10

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%

That's what I used to do before I started going to Curves first thing in the morning (before eating). I would have 1/2 cup of yogurt and 10 almonds. That held me until mid-morning snack time, sometimes longer. It's suprisingly filling. It's still one of my favorite snacks, they go well together.

I'm not following GO-Diet anymore. You know, they are all so familiar, only a slight difference from one to the other. Just keep with the principles and you'll be fine. I've switched to the Heavin (Curves) plan because I am intrigued by his claim to be able to raise your set-point (the amt of calories you can eat before you start gaining) and I couldn't resist THAT challenge. I kept looking at looking at fewer and fewer calories/carbs to get past stalls and didn't like the looks of that.

I think it is the rare person who picks one plan and stays with that one forever. Most of us tweak, a lot. Have to, we are individuals, after all!

Good luck to you!

Amy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 09:28
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I can't answer any of your questions as I know nothing about your plan....BUT....

~~~~Welcome~~~~

cin
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 16:49
Registered Member

Plan: GO, formerly CAD, formerly Atkins
Stats: 160/155/135
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default I'm new, too

I was on Atkins for 2 months, then CAD/CALP for several weeks. I gained back 3 pounds and hit a plateau on Atkins and just couldn't get off it, or maybe I just couldn't wait long enough. Then I discovered CAD and liked the idea of being able to have some of the things I was missing...but there was still somethng missing for me. I started Monday on Go and so far, so good. I've been able to easily do the 3-day "induction" and am looking forward to tomorrow when I can expand a bit. Since Monday I've lost 2 pounds...I don't think that's water weight because low-carb isn't new to me, just changing the format.

As for breakfasts, I've had Brown 'n' Serve sausage links and eggs, yogurt (flavored with lemon extract & Splenda) and cheese, and yogurt w/nuts, all very satisfying. I've eaten yogurt for breakfast for years and really missed it, so it was good to get it back. I've also had leftover meat and veggies, which is good, too.

Hope this helps.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 18:26

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 244/202/160 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks all for the responses.......

yes so far, so good. The Go-Diet plan just seems like something I can stick with over the long term.

I have never been a big meat eater, so it is great to have a meat free meal per day - one that's easy to grab too!

I think next I'll try my hand at making yogurt at home. That ought to be an experience!

Hope to see you all again - barefoot
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 16:16
Registered Member

Plan: GO, formerly CAD, formerly Atkins
Stats: 160/155/135
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile my first 5 days

I started GO on Monday and I'm happy to say that I'm down 4 pounds. I know it's early, but it seems better than my results on Atkins and CAD...plus I can have some things I really missed, like yogurt. I'll sure miss having bread and pasta, but I don't feel great when I eat them anyway! So, we'll see what the weekend brings...good luck to all of us!