Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 16:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Long journals/threads

This sticky will be used to update information on long threads

--

We are currently starting new journals for members who reached over 2,000 posts in their journals. So don't panic if you see some journals closed and started in a new thread. The following explains it in more details.

As some members may be away, or no longer active, we may simply close their journal in a week or so, and will leave a copy of these instructions, so they can resume their journals when they come back.

Quote:
Hello,

This note is posted to all members whose journal/thread is at or exceeds 2.000 posts.

Long threads, now that we have many of them, are slowing down the forum, and we'd like to speed things up to make it more accessible for all users ..

Below are the instructions on how to start the "part 2 (or 3)" of your journal. Be assured that your current journal will NOT be removed. It will be closed to new posts, but will remain in the journal area so you can read/review etc.

To start your new journal:

1. Go to the Test section of our forum here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

2. Star a new thread there. This will be your new (part 2 or 3 etc) journal. So give it the title you would like, and post whatever you'd like your new journal to start with.

3. That's it. Once we see it posted in the test forum, it will be moved to the journal area, and update the journal links to it. If it doesn't get moved within one day (24 hours), please feel free to send a report as reminder.

Last edited by Kristine : Thu, Sep-20-07 at 07:32. Reason: typos. :o)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-11, 13:14
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

My first one was closed and I am unable to post a link in it to my new journal for my friends to follow... how will they find me? Will my new journal show up on their Subscribed Threads list under User CP?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-11, 15:49
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Lightbulb hi everybody

Once a new journal has been started in the Test forum it's ready and open for posting, so go ahead and use it . No need to wait until it's been moved.

There will be a delay before the new thread gets moved. That's because the link in your profile has to be changed manually for the new thread; this change can only be done by one of the admins - me or Wa'il (tamarian). We're just volunteers, not here 24/7, so please don't be upset if it takes a day to make the necessary change(s).

We'll make sure to update the old journal with a link to your new thread, so your buddies will be able to find you

hth,

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 15:32

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Will my old journal still exist. It is an invaluable record y ofthe last ten years of my life and struggle with my weight to me?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 16:51
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFletcher
Will my old journal still exist. It is an invaluable record y ofthe last ten years of my life and struggle with my weight to me?

hi Robert,

Yes, your old journal will always be available for reading . However, it's locked to prevent further posting and editing activity.

Many members have found it useful to save a copy of their journal to their computer's hard drive. To do this, click "Show Printable Version" from the Thread Tools menu at the top of your journal thread. You can then use your browser to save it, or print to a file. At the top right of the printable view, you'll see an option to "Show 3000 posts from this thread on one page" that way you can save the whole thing in one go. However, this ONLY applies to your own current journal, ie, the one which has the current icon. So do it before starting the new thread , otherwise the only options are 15 or 30 posts per page.

Hope that helps

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-21, 09:04
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Hi,
It was suggested that my current journal "My Choices" is taking a long time to load and I need a new one. Is this the right place to make that happen? Sorry I haven't figured it out but I've been sick.
Thanks.
g
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-21, 16:05
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Hi,
It was suggested that my current journal "My Choices" is taking a long time to load and I need a new one. Is this the right place to make that happen? Sorry I haven't figured it out but I've been sick.
Thanks.
g

hi Glenda,

Please start your new journal in the Test forum .. click here and then the "new thread" button. It will be live and ready for posting as soon as you submit . The link in your profile must be changed manually (by me ) so that it points to your new thread; I'll keep an eye for it. Once it's been moved to the Journals section, I'll close your old thread and leave a link to the new one so everyone can find you

Hope you're feeling better

Doreen