Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 10:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/223/135 Female 5'6"
BF:??/44/30
Progress: 17%
Default Hi! I'm Dinah B.

Hi everybody!
I'm a teacher in Dallas, Texas. I'm over fifty, and need to lose over 100 pounds. It's nice to get a chance to chat with people my own age. I started Atkin's on January 6. I would appreciate help and conversation with all of you.
Dinah B.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 16:05

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi, DinahB. Congrats on starting a plan that has been so successful for many of us. Best of all, it's a way of eating that gets better and more interesting as time goes by.

Now's a good time to learn how to use a food diary, like MyPLAN on this site, or fitday.com to track your eating, activity, and nutrients. Awareness and accountability are half the battle.

Please be patient. Don't let high expectations (huge weight loss in a short period of time, for example) sink your resolve. You're aiming for a lifelong transformation, and that simply takes time.

Best wishes.
P. S. I'm turning 60 this year. Atkins for three years. Largest lifetime loss, 50 lbs--but I've been a yo-yo all my life, and have lost hundreds of pounds in amounts ranging from 10 to 30 many times. I'm now at goal, and enjoying every day of my Atkins strategy.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 21:48

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi Dinah,
I'm 51 and have lost almost 90 pounds on Atkins in two years. The first 70 pounds were the easiest (that took about a year). I made one or two changes at a time, both in terms of diet and exercise. Let us know your questions, and best of luck.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 07:45

Stats: 241/223/135 Female 5'6"
BF:??/44/30
Progress: 17%

Thank you so much! I hope I have as much success! Dinahb
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-02-06, 12:01

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%

Hi Dinah, I got derailed a few months back and have been back on plan for about a month. Hoping to lose at least 50 pounds this year. I haven't set a specific goal because I am a slow loser. Welcome aboard, Judy