Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2071   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-19, 08:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Look at you, hot chick, with two dates coming up this weekend. Whooooo! Can't wait to hear about them.. if I know one thing about you, it is that there will be a good story to tell!

I'm sorry things continue to be so unreasonable at work. That would cause tremendous stress for me as I know it does for you.

I had heard about the dog food. I have also read that it affects certain breeds most (Goldens in particular) and that if feeding grain free, it can be offset by also giving a bit that is not grain free. My two have a vet appointment this afternoon so I will ask about that.

Can you give an update on your DD please? Glad you were able to spend so much time with them. Any further word on your son moving closer to you?

Ed- Congrats on two pounds down and getting a good running time.

Lori- That poshmark thing sounds like a good deal for you. I don't have much in my closet really but I do have a few expensive things that my MIL bought for me that I have no idea what to do with. I don't think I want to go through all that just to get rid of them though. Sounds like you have enough to make it worth doing.

Bloodwork- I agree that 110 seems high for your glucose in regards to how you normally eat and such. Very strange! And yes, I am sure you will be pressured about statins. Apparently the recommendation is that everyone over 40 should be on statins regardless, as a preventative! EYEROLL.

Blue- Loved picturing your sweet pup in the car with her nose out and ears flying back in the car. I could picture it! I can hear you missing what was but also acknowledging and honoring who she is now and enjoying all that you both can share with her in the time that she has here with you. It is always very, very sad to think of the sands emptying out on their sweet little lives and we all know with pets that is what we accept as part of the contract.

I have heard from my Dad that Green Book is a must see. I have it on my list. He raved about it.

Love the idea of the movie date/picnic lunch that you guys did. And I was lol'ing over your comments about 'hog wilder' 'half hog wilder' 'mondo treat day' 'baby treat day' ... I think we have the same vocabulary books!!

Trig- I'm sure you've been keeping busy around the farm and with your Mom and such. When does DD start back to school? Less than a month for my rising senior!

••••

Ok ladies and gent, I am back on track today. Got some bacon in the oven and a grocery list and meal plan in hand.

Got the lawn mowed the other day and a new bag of weeds done yesterday. DH and I had brunch out yesterday and also met DD and SoIL for a Hot Pot dinner last night. Have you guys had a Hot Pot before? It is fun. And this one had a magnetized conveyer belt too.

Today I'll hit the grocery and take the dogs to their Well Check appointments. We are also making the first 1/3rd payment on all the work that is to be done outside starting in September. Ugh... so much money!! But on the positive side, we are putting this third on our SW card (to be paid off immediately, of course) and then the other 2/3rds on a new travel card I opened up which will give us big bonus points plus additional rewards. So at least we will be able to fund another overseas trip with all of that when it is all said and done. A little bit of a balm for a nasty expenditure. Looking for those silver linings!

My Dad and SM leave tomorrow for the Netherlands. I could not be happier for them. I know the clock will be ticking on my Dad since he can no longer use the immunotherapy to keep his cancer at bay and I love that they will be sharing this experience together.

Guess that is about it for me. Pretty quiet week here overall. Nothing too pressing, just taking it a bite at a time!
Sponsored Links
  #2072   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-19, 10:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori your number of 151 on good HDL is fab....you have nothing to fear on those chol. numbers you posted Don't worry on bit cause you can easily 'convince' him ya ain't taking statins I know I won't touch that crap with a 39 1/2 ft pole

Poshmark sounds cool. I sure don't have good crap to sell when it comes to clothes or anything like that. Now if someone wants a tractor or a goat or....haha....let us know how it all works for ya or not...interesting.

Nowadays I am shocked in a way so many stores are still open, you can get everything one needs online but shopping retail stores I think is still therapy for many , not me

yea hot for fishing. same here, last time hubby went to the honey hole for catfishing and not a bite. water way too hot now. but still fun to do and kills time getting out in the fresh air.....well, humid hot muggy air LOL

Jaz I feed my dog only meat. chicken. I buy $1.99/lb big old skinless/boneless chicken breasts and cut up in small chunks and nuke it. He lives on that. He has a small bowl of IAMS small chunk lamb and rice dog food on the floor and he rarely finishes a bowl of that in, say, 2 weeks or so before I have to refill it. Your dog does not need veggies one bit. Your dog don't need rice, green beans, or anything else. MEAT and no seafood. Salmon is ok if well cooked. But meat is best. If in doubt just give Bella a bit more meat and drop the rice etc. Dogs get diabetes just like people so feeding starches is never a good way to roll...….JUSY MY TAKE ON IT.....just sayin'...LOL...of course do it the way ya wanna do it Plus don't give a lot of different foods, the pancreas can only 'process' so much in an animals as my vet said keep to 1-2-3 foods tops and keep your dog there...….adding in more goes into the pancreatic upset area and can give them the runs. So nuked fresh chicken and some crunchies is all mine gets....and slim jim bits for his pill to take.

COOL ON YOUR 2 dates. I can't wait to hear about it. Trouble with dating older (for me as I think about it) is that we are so set in our ways. No one wants anyone who doesn't 'fit right' into their lifestyle etc....cause older we know what we want and sure know what we don't want I know you will find that fits ya good!

Blue super cool on the movie room offered by your complex. I bet your hubby sure enjoyed that movie party! I have to say your apt. is sounding so nice with the pool ya love, using the theater room.....and what else ya got in there? a gym? what do they all offer cause I have to say it is great to hear you get so much in your new digs and you don't have to be the one to maintain it

Nicco very cool on your Netherlands trip for your Dad!
Kidding goes back Aug 26 and into freshman. so close to freedom for her and into college. time sure flies when I remember I had her at 43 like it was yesterday and today I am 57....all in the blink of an eye it seems.

I am like you....I love taking advantage of freebies on credit cards/reward cards etc. I do quite well taking their money and perks from them

omg hubby went shopping with me this morning
a 'fast trip' and 'cheap' turned into $238. WTH? Now I ain't gonna hit a grocery for a few weeks.....he threw everything in and I tried to contain him but he went hog wild. Worst is the crap he did buy, I check it all when unpacking and it is like we have no food for 'complete' dinners and such....omg he ain't going again with me ever for my fast grocery trips~!! ugh

sunny, hot, in pool today
clean this and that a bit and just take life a bit easy
not in the mood to do too much

food today is sliced turkey from the deli (buy a very good brand and get thicker fat cut....2 slices and that suits me for like, hmmm, 3 months of not wanting turkey again and will have a very small naked type salad with it. Have leftover lettuce cuke that kid hasn't wanted so I will finish up instead of throw it out.
dinner will be sauteed cajun chicken and a few garlic butter shrimp on the side

sticking to very controlled eating. doing well

nothing much more, great day all
  #2073   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-19, 10:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyed
Worked hard yesterday on grouting the new bathroom, still one more wall and some base to do. we will get there. I ran my best yesterday. It was cool and I did 2.7 miles in 32 minutes. Running again this afternoon at 4. Should be quite hotter, but I need to show up. My diet has been great in the morning and evening, got to make sure I am prepared in the afternoon for some lunch, but so far so good.
Steadyed 185-2=183; 8 pounds to go, 35 days. I can do it.

OMgosh you still working on that bathroom reno keep on trucking, the end is closer now then before

ran your best. THAT IS FAB. It means you hard work on training yourself into a new venture is paying off, you are improving and getting wonderful benefits and just thriving in the right direction and CONGRATS on the 2 down....you are doing very well Greg...happy for ya!!

I did buy some protein shakes for emergencies as a go to grab something if needed. I also can't get stuck without having the few foods I am eating on my list to not be readily available when required.....yea be sure to be prepared. Prepared we set ourselves up to win!
  #2074   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-19, 12:29

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Trig....my HDL is not THAT good...it was 115, not 151! 115 is still the highest it's ever been. I just think Dr. will faint when he sees the total of 300! He'll just have to get over it.

Nic...hope your Dad & stepMom have a fabulous trip to the Netherlands. How wonderful!

Jaz....woohoo!! 2 dates this week! You go girl....but be careful. I know I don't need to tell you that..you are a smart cookie for sure.

The Chiro was not quite as rough on me today, but it was still difficult and I'm sore. She encouraged me to get out walking this week, but discourages running. She is also concerned that Yoga will do more harm than good. Too bad, I'm doing it and I'll just be careful. I came home from the appt and went for a 1/2 hour walk. About 92 degrees....whew!

Hope your Monday is treating you well.
  #2075   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 05:31

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

[B]Challenge DAY 2 -[B]

I am on a time crunch this morning. Over slept and then spent time this morning applying for a job with anther company. That took a lot of time. I am putting my DOT........ down and making my spot when I come back.

Yesterday was 110% on WOE track!!!- WHoot!!!!-

Have my making for crack slaw tonight. OMAD is SO working for me!

Back later to catch up
  #2076   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 06:19

BF:

Lori, oh I got that number wrong but hey, don't worry, just to the fast chat on it and wave that chol. convo on by real fast. If the Dr gets into a speech, say real fast, OH THIS hurts and you can distract fast HAHA

be super careful on the yoga cause if the person fixing you is saying it might be bad for ya, then......hmmm, do ya take that advice to heart or blow by it kinda. just do what feels ok, don't push while you are in a fixing phase of all this

Jaz, new job application....cool.
let us know more when ya can

sunny super hot and nice
pool time later

shoot me now.
taking kid to mall for back to school clothes.
omg this will be a fight to the bitter end. you think a girl would love clothes shopping but she hates it. like mom here we go......report when I get back

doing good on food but yesterday I had to eat more than I planned. I wanted to just walk thru the entire kitchen and HIT their stashes of crap but I didn't so I ate a lot more meats. Feel ok doing just that but I was wanting to try limit food intake and here I go again, a day I didn't truly accomplish what I set out for myself. I seem to be doing that a lot lately, set myself a goal and miss it. You can only miss it so much til it gets on your last nerve, but the funny thing is I DO THIS to myself LOL
heaven help me!!!

great day everyone
  #2077   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 06:35

BF:

Trig- I went back and looked at my calendar and my guy actually starts on the 27th so the day after your girl. Every other year they go on a HS Retreat for three days so they don't actually start classes until Sept 3 this year. Ds17 will be the only one of my kids to actually have a retreat fall on his Senior Year. There are class color wars on every retreat and so it is nice for him to get to go as a senior.

Wow, $238? I tell you, the junk stuff is expensive. I hit up Aldi for that kind of thing bc it is so much less. Buy it mostly for DS17 so soon there will be much less of that anyway. I can't believe how little food I have bought this month with DS17 gone. I can cook twice and have it last a week, seems like. One gallon of milk. I used to buy three gallons a week! If only I could get DH to give up soda, but he is having none of it.

Lori- you are definitely getting the exercise in, as well as the therapies. Good on you! I know that 92 degrees was crazy hot. My car thermometer was reading 99 yesterday and that was with driving around, not sitting in the sun. Just absolutely GROSS and I am SO OVER this kind of blistering humid heat. I will welcome back the mid 80s anytime please!!

Jaz- Good on you, getting an app in! When you write tonight, tell me if you are still looking at other places besides GA, is your son still thinking he might move there and how is your DD doing?

ETA Cross posted with Trigger- Ah, clothes shopping, your very favorite!! That has been the best thing about a school with uniforms- very little clothes shopping ever for the kids! Is her height stable yet or is she still growing? There comes a point when the annual shop doesn't really happen anymore.

Girl, I get that you wanted to limit quantities and so you were frustrated yesterday. But I will give you a huge W for not getting into all those snacks that you know are there and instead sticking to LC. Well done, you!

••••••

I'm feeling whiney today. You guys are just going to have to deal with it. Turned my head this morning to check the clock and felt that sadly familiar dizzy feeling. Sat up and let it happen. Came down, looked at my calendar to find the ENT I saw last September and left a message to make an appointment. I clearly am going to have to go in and start this process over again. I am just so annoyed and so over it. I have extremely little patience with recurring illness and so forth, and I hate that I am starting to feel like there are 'things I can't do'- I'm reluctant to do anything that involves leaning over, any sort of yoga or stretching that involves tilting my head too much etc. That's ridiculous! I don't want to feel like I can't do basic things without fear. Hopefully it won't take too long to get in and we'll start the whole process again with the audiology test, medication, balance tests etc. GRRRRR.

Went in to work yesterday on the fly. I was at Walmart and got a call saying the HCC desk chick was going home sick and could I go in? I said yes, abandoned the cart, changed quickly at home and went over. Not long- 3.5 hours- and it was SLOOOOW and boring. Came home, changed again and took the dogs to the vet for the well checks, vaccines etc. Almost 500 dollars for the pair of them. Can we say UGH again? Bella may become a singleton once dear Sophie is no longer with us. That being said, Sophie is such a freaking love. Just the sweetest dog on the planet. Bella is also sweet but Bella is an ID. She is in it for herself. Sophie just has a wide open heart of gold. I will miss that baby girl when the day comes that she is no longer with us.

So will try to get the shopping done today. It was 6 PM by the time I got home from the vet, I was STARVING bc I am on my first day back on plan and I hadn't had lunch bc I went in to work so suddenly. I had planned on breaded fish for dinner with asparagus. I ended up just having tuna and mayo in a bowl. So the fish I breaded and wrapped up last night and I'll be having that today. Trying a couple of new LC recipes also this week.

That's about it- laundry going and dishwasher going already this morning. I tell you, that is another thing I have hardly had to do.. Dishwasher 2-3 times a week and not much laundry either. I could get used to this!

Last edited by niccofive : Tue, Jul-30-19 at 06:39. Reason: TRIG!
  #2078   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 12:37

BF:

Late posting today! I only have a few minutes until I leave for my massage. Yoga went extremely well today. I could really tell a difference in my level of discomfort on some of the moves. YAY!

Would anyone like a cat? She has this habit of coming into the kitchen while I'm making dinner and laying down right behind me. Of course, being on cat feet and all, I have no idea she is there. Well, last night I was getting something from the fridge and turned toward the sink and fell over her. I reached out to catch myself with my bad arm. Worst pain I have ever felt. I was bent over moaning and crying and DH came running in to see what was wrong. First time I have been brought to tears with this mess. The pain only lasts a few seconds, but OMG. I was expecting it to be sore this morning, but thankfully it wasn't.

Well, I made my first 2 sales on Poshmark. Mailed one this morning and just got the 2nd one ready to mail tomorrow. I'm in the money now! $40 so far! Better than having the stuff just sit around, right?

Well, gotta run. More later!
  #2079   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 18:34

BF:

Hey there -

Lori- you $$$$ maker you!!!! - want to hear all about it!!!!!!!

I said I would catch up. I am at a bottom low right now........ I got written up- well our entire dept did. She wrote up all up for not preforming at the numbers we are supposed to get. - It is a problem with management- with is what I said. If th eENITE dept is failing then it is a management issue- we are all giving 110% -

Well guess I am not a team player- Even though I take on extra projects, save the company tons of money and do all the bony density tests.......... not a team player. I am OUT - I at tis point don't care about cost- leaving.

I am also going t write a rebuttal I have NEVER in 20 years had a bad review- EVER!!!!!- Even Greenville wasn't a bad review.

They send me 6 hours in the car- and I see 3 people. now they are saying 5 appts not enough.........not doable.

Will be back tomorrow- not the strength to talk

cobb salad for dinner- and wine- lot's of Wine- in funk- but WOE 100% No cheats on plan- (got a date)

Sorry- don't want to depress you all-

I may need to unplug for a minute from everything -

Sorry taking sorry ass to bed- Im sorry- I just can't do this anymore -job

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Jul-30-19 at 19:15.
  #2080   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-19, 04:57

BF:

Lori that is so bad almost tripping over the cat! I hope you didn't do more damage, that sounded like intense pain to put you in that spot!!
ow
I feed my dog his chicken in a small bowl and he scoots it across the floor sometimes and the other day I was washing a few dishes, finished up and turned to leave and I just about stepped on him and he screeched, I damn near broke my neck avoiding him but I came out upright and ok oh yea I was cussing on that one! Now I am feeding him in a different corner of the kitchen LOL I ain't taking that chance again.

Yea on being in the money now!! that 40 can go toward more chiro visits if the cat decides to nail ya again! cool you are selling....agree with ya, money in your pocket is a good thing!

Nicco….aw senior...means it is over sooner than later I only got 4 left.....I think I am counting more closely then the kid about getting out of school

AAAhhhh Nicco so much is changing in the home.....the constant hard work is being minimalized now with the crowd leaving and less dishes, less cooking, laundry etc.....this is a wonderful time for you I only got one and it truly don't hamper me much with only 1, but when that 1 is on her way in life, the ahhhhh of being free of that child rearing responsibility will be a monster plus to me. sad in a way as it shows how life marches on and over us but great cause we grow up kids to be healthy wealthy and wise

oh boy on that dizzy/vertigo thing ya got happening. Sounds very annoying if it truly is gonna effect you more often and yea it is scary if you don't know when it could kick in fast on ya, anywhere, anytime. not good, I also would go get checked again and see if anything can fix ya up better. sorry you are going thru this!

Jaz DON'T YOU make a rash decision.

It was an entire email to all from management.
Even with a crappy review it won't effect ya much cause it is about management not running their dept right that the review was more lousey so it isn't a personal slam kinda thing.
Do not respond to an entire dept. sent email. Leave it alone.

You keep doing what you are doing. You force their hand to 'do something' with you vs. you doing it for them. YOU KEEP doing your job as you can and do not let them send ya away...….unless you get an over the top new stellar job that IS JUST so good ya can't refuse and then quit.

Do not let them manipulate you Jazz. You just keep doing as you do and let them make a move. An entire dept email wouldn't send me packing and don't respond and give them a target.

Just do your job, come home and decompress and for real you know big changes are coming for ya sooner than later on this job.....chillax a bit here You plan your next moves. Don't let this stupid company rush you into any big decisions.

HI Blue and Greg

dark skies
storms coming
nothing much doing
gonna be boring type day
hubby slept on the floor on his hunting sleeping bag....did something to his back. walking around like a pretzel in pain. ugh....moving slow this morning, he left the living room to me and he took the bedroom but I must say I slept fab without his snoring

bacon and eggs later
chicken and mushrooms tonight. in a few mushroom mood today

boring here mostly today, gonna be easy going whatever kinda day

hope ya'll have a great day tho!
  #2081   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-19, 05:34

BF:

Good Day 3 Challenge - How is everyone doing?????????

Lori- You are in the money now!!! - Actually that Posh mark is a great idea if I wasn't just so tired and lazy to list anything. I guess if I was so consumed with just getting through my day I would be SO INTO IT!!!!!- I look forward to hearing how it goes. You could even be a "picker". You go to the Goodwills and look for NEW clothes then list them. - People make good $$ doing just that. Saw a lady doing that last time I was in the thrift store. She was buying wedding dresses. She goes from thrift store to thrift store and buys up all the wedding dresses for like 50 bucks. Cleans them up and puts them pretty in a box and sells them for thousands of dollars- mostly overseas. It was interesting to speak with her. She found her nitch. I think that would be cool to do that!!!
What do most people do with their dresses? They spend thousands and then it gets stuck in a box or back of the closet. See that would be an idea- a second hand bridal shop!!!I would def buy from there!

Dang I love that idea! - HUMMMMMMMMMM.......-
OH BTW- I am going to send you the article that BLUE sent me regarding cholesterol. If you click in the middle of the article- you get the entire book. It sure helped put my mind at ease when I was getting hammered by my doctor.

Are you getting excited about this weekend. Did you send the link about your dress?

TRIG- - Back to school shopping!!!!!!- Just knew that was coming up. So it's the end of Aug? School starts here this week and next week!!!!!- That is crazy early!
So did you luck out with any clothes? What other school supplies did you have to stock up on?
Is the RV back yet? - You're last summer vacay is around the corner!!!!

NIC-
- I will have to say I am SO SO SO glad you are going to see someone regarding your vertigo! SO HAPPY!!!!- RUN don't walk to get there!
Very nice of you to step in and help out at the new gig. Sometimes just being "there" is enough.
So your DS is also getting school ready! -
URGHHHH on the vet bill- what we won't do for our FUR babies!!!!
I can't even go there in my head about not having Bella at my side. I have thought about getting a second pup- but the timing is not right.

Please keep us posted about your Vertigo- it is worrisome.

BLUE-
- Are you still recovering from movie night? HAHAHA-
Any special project you have in the works????
Any upcoming trips?
Haven't heard you talk about your DS lately. Is he getting settled in?
Hoping you are still enjoying your pool!
----------------------------------------------------------
WOE- 110% Amazing what a date night will do for motivation!!!!!!

I am not even going to waste a sentence on the hell hole I am in for work life.

Update on DD- She STILL has not passed the "fetus". I hate that term. She is thinking about taking the meds the doctor gave her to "clean her out"- but it is rough, as if she is in true labor and she is scared to do it.
She may end up having an DNC- if that be the case I will go to sit with the kids while she is in surgery. I will just call off and go. I could give a sh*t about this job anymore.

I will be heavy looking at other jobs this weekend. I have applied for 2 outside the company. They were both telecommute from anywhere. I am doing nothing extra- done. Yesterday was the final straw. I will be sitting back and collecting a check doing the BARE minimum. Just enough to stay employed- bad attitude and all! I am going to make it rough on them. I can turn up the dial on annoying!!!!!!!!!- OH YES!!!!!! -

I ended up with a Cobb salad yesterday (gave me bloat?). - so tonight I am going to do a burger, no cheese, add guacamole healthy fat. And that will be that. I am still loving my OMAD lifestyle.

Love life- so after talking with both guys daily now, I have gently let one I am not clicking with go. I was very honest and just let him know I didn't think we are a good fit and he will find the one I am sure. It just is not me!
Not the other guy- is funny as heck and we are bantering. He is texting and calling me now daily. We meet Friday night. He told me he is as nervous as a school boy!!! - AHHHWWWWWW- But he is so easy to talk to.
So more to come on that front.

I am digging the bridal second hand shop. I think that would fly in Atlanta!!!!!!!- HUMMMMMMMMM- Need NIC to organize it- !!!!! Lori you can be the one to help the gals try on dresses! - BLUE- You can design the shop as girly girl SHE SHE -
Trig you and I can go picking for dresses!!!!!!- SEE- jobs solved!!!!!

OK- I gotta quit dreaming and go back to real life- I just can't do this anymore - but not in a $$$$$$ to quit yet and nothing banging on my door!
  #2082   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-19, 05:56

BF:

OMG TRIG- The voice of reason!!!!!!!!!!!!- Do you know that put our ENTIRE TEAM in a plan of corrective action. I just have NEVER had a bad review! -

You are right- kick back because I am not in this boat alone! They wrote up the entire team!!!!!- WHO DOES THAT????????-

Thank you for PRICELESS advice!
  #2083   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-19, 06:17

BF:

Jaz your job has got to be driving you bat sh** crazy for sure but I am glad you are chillaxing thru the BS of it all.

do your job best ya can within reason, like you said, DO not give 1% more than ya gotta…...keep collecting that paycheck! bank the heck out of what you can now as most as ya can!! Let them hang themselves! Don't do it for them ever.

problem is it is so personal we get so caught up in it.
then the company throws out a bomb and we react.

just don't react to any of it
say screw this and go have a big glass of wine and think about your fun date coming up and how fat the bank acct is growing despite the stupid job

think all positive you are getting as long as you DO NOT let your mind go down that rabbit hole they are digging!!

you will be fine

Your DD should go get cleaned out. I would. I had a miscarriage long ago and I got cleaned out very fast, I wasn't 'waiting for nature' to send it all down the chute, I fixed it very fast. I wasn't going down that road, I wanted it over NOW and done to get on with my life so I think her getting it over and done is best. She will be ok

kid cancelled shopping trip. lazy bum
but that means we gotta go another day ugh
I tell ya I hate shopping.

hubby said her tshirts were old looking, her pants are too tight and this and that and stupid shit and I said...…..she can wear what she wants, how she wants, when she wants, buy what she wants etc. I said I TOLD HER all you say and she doesn't care one bit about clothes LOL So I said I am out of it. As long as she ain't a skank or a dirty hobo she is fine in my eyes and she can do whatever. I tell ya, I can't worry about how the kid dresses truly (within reason) cause I offer her the clothing world of choice and when she chooses it sure ain't what I would choose so I just let it go.

being 14 she I think is on that cusp of 'going pretty' in it all as she sees fit but she ain't there yet.

she is like me. she doesn't give time to clothes, jewelry, cleaning, or anything, it is like I hit her age of who gives a X, and she hit my old age of I don't care anymore LOL

I let it go down as it goes down (with a sharp eye on WHAT is going down tho)

ahhh it all pans out in the wash in the end.

don't worry life works itself out for everyone IF WE sometimes don't go batsh** crazy and get over involved in what doesn't need involving so much

hope that makes sense lol
  #2084   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-19, 06:27

BF:

Lori- YIKES!! I'm glad it wasn't worse. That is pretty scary! Glad your Poshmark is going well.

Trig- You had me LOL'ing over Bolt and nearly falling over him and him squealing. Too funny. We put a collar on Bella with tags that make noise to help us locate her in the kitchen. She's short and the same color as the wood floor.

Yeah I gotta say that I am enjoying the reduction in the amount of work around here for sure. I had to 'clean up' for the cleaning crew and there was almost nothing to be done. Cooking is easy and not on the reg, dishwasher runs 2-3 times a week tops. Stuff like that. I would never tell my kids but DH and I have been shocked that when our kids go to college or camp, we don't miss them all that much. I mean, it was hard on me when DS20 went to college because I lost the other 'house tigger' and had to adjust. But other than that, we are good after a day or two. DS17, while amazing in his own ways, adds a level of tension to the house when he is here, so it has been a nice break from that to have him at camp. It also is a nice glimmer that DH and I will be just fine in this next stage.

Jaz- TOTALLY agree with Trig's advice to you; she was 100 percent on point. Very glad you had a night to sleep on it. You didn't respond, did you?

So which night is the hot date?

I'm sorry things haven't 'moved' for your DD. I've been thinking a lot about her.

Edited to add: Cross posted with Trig AGAIN. Fricking stop it, KAREN.

I would do just as you are and let kid take the lead on shopping- if and when. If she's comfortable with herself and like you said, not looking like a skank, then go for it.

I was LOL'ing over Jaz saying you could help her shop for the wedding dresses. I was like TRIG? SHOP VOLUNTARILY?? AS IF!!

•••••••••••

On track and on day 3.

Foods so far this week: The big hit for me has been the breaded haddock. I have wild ocean caught haddock- nice square pieces about an inch thick. Dip in beaten egg and then coat in a combination of crushed pork rinds and parmesan, along with seasoning. Made sure the coating was pressed on well, wrapped them in Saran Wrap and left in the fridge over night. They made EXCELLENT fried fish! It was really good. Definitely going to be a staple on my menu. I tried to make a homemade tartar sauce but it came out too runny so I'll need to experiment with that. Served it with some simple skillet roasted asparagus. The other thing I made yesterday was a ground beef and French green bean casserole thing with baby Bella mushrooms. It was just meh. I'll eat some of it but likely half will get tossed. So, win some lose some. I have one other casserole recipe set aside for later on, but tonight we are having steaks and creamed spinach, I think.

Slept like crap last night because I was trying to find a pillow that would elevate me better but I like a flat pillow. Plus I'm avoiding sleeping on my left side and that's my go-to fall asleep position. Waaah. Made an appointment with the ENT that I've heard the best things about but the wait is until August 16th.

Quiet day today on tap- cleaning crew coming this morning. I've got our sheets in the washer and dryer and then they'll put them on for me and change the boys' sheets out. I realized that soon I will have them put the winter sheets on DS20's bed bc he won't be back again until CHRISTMAS. I cannot even fathom that! Even when kids go to college it seems like they come home a lot with T-day, a long Xmas break, spring break etc. I think this will be by far the longest I will go with not seeing a kid at home, although I will see him part way through when we visit.

Got my court report finished yesterday afternoon so besides questions/corrections that is finished. Court date is mid August.

Last edited by niccofive : Wed, Jul-31-19 at 06:37.
  #2085   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-19, 07:02

BF:

Good Morning!

The day I have been waiting for has arrived.....hair cut & color!!! OMG...this hair has been driving me insane. I'm over this long side bang crap....I've been tempted to cut it off myself.

My massage yesterday went well. She really hits some spots. She says she can feel a big difference in my muscles and that things are loosening up. I do have an odd pain in the right side of my upper back.....that is the good side! I felt it yesterday before yoga. Not sure what is going on there. I used my foam roller and did manage to hear some cracks, but the weird "pain" is still there. I'm back to my chiro on Friday, so I'll discuss it with her.

Our grandson will be here this afternoon. He's a good boy. 15 years old and polite and helpful. When you ask him to help with something, he is more than willing. Now don't get me wrong...he also likes to spend time with his nose on his phone like most kids, but he has a good balance between interacting with people and technology.
-----

Jaz....so sorry about the work crap. I have my fingers crossed that some of your applications will pan out.

I couldn't find a link for the dress I'm wearing to the reunion. Maybe I'll try to take a pick before we walk out the door.

Sounds like you are really clicking with the Friday night guy. Hope things go well with that.

Trig...storms here too. Woke up to lightning and thunder and lite rain. I'm sure you'd like to get the school clothes shopping over with. Hope she doesn't want to wait till the last minute and then you'll have to make a mad dash to the stores.

Nic...so sorry that vertigo has reared it's ugly head again. I simply cannot imagine it. Sorry you have to wait so long for the Dr. appt, but that is not unusual. Specialists are in such demand.

Blue....what you been up to this week? Lots of good pool time?

Greg...how's your week going?

Well, soon time to break my fast. 16 hours is about my sweet spot for fasting. One thing the fasting is helping with is there is NO snacking after dinner. Sometimes I would have a piece of cheese in the evening, or a spoonful of peanut butter, but that is not happening now. But by 10AM, I am ready to eat!

Later!
Closed Thread