Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1501   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-22, 09:43

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Monday Morning!

Nic- So great to hear everything went well and it was a fun time had by all!!!!!!!!!
Funny you have leftover wine for the book club- AWESOME! Pick up a veggie or salami and cheese tray and done! finger foods.

So how long are you staying in DE? I bet you are one tired gal with back to back social events, and yet another one Thursday!
Hope you get in some rest!

Lori- OMG I re-read your post twice! Your poor friend! Even though you aren't close it is rough to watch someone go through all of that. Also that is no small surgery!
You are preaching to the choir here about this surgery! So unnecessary MOST of the time. I get if it is to save a life, but it sounds like she was borderline, then lost too much weight? How F'cked is that?!?!?!?- Goodness I wish doctors could talk to these people and tell them the truth. I wish her the best! So frekin sad!

Hope you get help in for Betty today! Is your hubby back from hunting?

Trig-
here girly- check in! Hope you are ok!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Had an interview that was supposed to last an hour. It was over in 32 minutes. I don't feel good about it at all. They did it over the phone,
Quote:
and there were two of them there. They started off badly: We will talk- you listen- then we ask questions- you answer- then you can ask questions
. - Most of the questions were so STUPID. Including:
Quote:
If you were talking to a transgender person what would be your priority?
I was like are you serious? They are people- ?!?!?!?!?!- I would treat them no different than anybody else.
They also wanted me to self identify my self:
1.) She/She
2.) She/He
3.) He/ He
4.) He/She -
What the HELLO?!?!?!?!?!?!?
So now I might not get the position because I am a SHE/SHE?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG.
I could also tell by their responses to my questions they were just done. Honestly I was too.
NEXT
NEXT
NEXT
Back to the drawing board, or in my case job board.

I need to run a few errands today.
Voting
dogs nails clipped
Target

Started BBBE - reset started yesterday. I am going very tight as this is a reset. Ever since I had my little "episode" I have had trouble losing the cravings and the WANT for other foods. CARBS. So I need to kill those gut critters screaming for carbs. I am so in my zone when the cravings are gone, and I am cruising along in my meat world!

Back at ya later!
Sponsored Links
  #1502   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-22, 05:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, are ya in down time now? All you social butterfly stuff is over and you can start to recoup a bit Your Thurs book club sounds nice, and wine from boozed up Halloweens... too funny

Lori, yikes on that stomach surgery. Hope she does ok. My neighbor Joanne had lap band. Her 'port moved' and she had to be rushed back for emergency surgery from a lap band. Then she gained all weight back cause later she had it removed since the band somehow 'blocked' her entire stomach entrance and it was 'out of whack' etc. so she said remove and screw it. She moved and about a 1.5 yrs later I saw her at a restaurant. She lost weight again....but this time with the stomach surgery. Gastric sleeve. Woofing down biscuits and gravy for breakfast but she only ate like, hmm, a quarter of it and boxed rest to take home. She said she eats whatever she wants but can't eat alot....but since then never seen her again. I often wonder how she is doing on that gastric sleeve. I also hate to think she became a 'statistic' again on these surgeries that don't work long term. Well, hope she does alright thru it all. I don't wanna rant over it too

Jaz, girl could ya picture me out in the work force having to deal with this new nonsense out there? It would be sniper time for me.....haha.....hang in there. Something will hit when ya least expect it. You always come thru.

Yea eating off plan on zc, when even longer on zc, is very tough to combat for many of us. Once ya get that sugar back into the ol' bloodstream your body truly craves it. I only ALLOW 1 bite of something and that is more rare than normal. I had to fight many times going backward too and it takes alot longer than ya think to get the cravings gone for alot of us on plan most times. Hang in there and don't let any food other than good meat and fat into your body, hold on tight, and you will correct it all.

--------------got tons doing
changing over titles on 2 cars, doing insurance on them
re-vamp on investments and more....doing 'financial' work on us.
just changed health ins. carrier and am getting a truly fab plan for peanuts
dealing with stuff MIL wants at rehab and all that bit
handling stuff around house that is 'now more' falling apart LOL
busy with kiddo on college stuff and more

and ya know. Guys I tell ya....brain dead. I fill up the plate real fast ya know and don't wanna do any of it all let alone chores and more still LOL I SO WANT real azz retirement but not there yet. Close... but not yet I guess when one takes early retirement it ain't the same class as real retirement? I don't know HAHA but I am busier than ever with BS.

shack on beach. done. leave me alone. yea like I am gonna get that any time soon but just dragging along, singing my life song til I get all my time to be what I want it to be.

Bestie Barb had gallbladder out. Doing some shopping for her but she is super improving fast. All good on that one thank heavens. Can't lose bestie

ok be good, just doing zc and holding on.
  #1503   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-22, 06:16

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Sitting here waiting for friend to text me that she doesn't want to play golf today. It's warm out, but foggy and wet. I think the rain is over, but the course will be muddy. I'll go unless I hear from her....we'll see. Doesn't really matter to me. We wanted to play tomorrow too, but I think it'll be raining for sure then.

----------

Jaz......You asked about DH and hunting. He has been hunting every day....locally. I am getting tired of holding dinner until nearly 7 o'clock till he gets home. He is leaving for Ohio with DS this coming Sunday and will be gone for a week. Hunting the same freakin' deer we have here, but spending big $$$ to do it. I'll never understand. I just smile and keep writing checks.

Trig....Glad to hear your friend came thru her gall bladder surgery well. Hopefully she'll be all recovered soon. Nice of you to help her out with everything else you have going on. It sounds like you're on the run all day!

Nic.....Hope your neighbor comes thru her surgery well. Heart stuff is always so scary to me. It's amazing what they can do. Book club sounds like fun.....especially with the wine!

-----------

I met "M" at Betty's yesterday afternoon. She came a bit later as she was dealing with a headache. I had to give her a little "talk" about some crazy diet she's doing. She is not at all overweight, but is worried about extra inches around her stomach. She is 60 years old. She is juice fasting and just eating a bit of tuna for protein. Sigh.....she also gave up coffee while doing this juice fast...hello headache. Anyway, I didn't go on and on about it, but let her know that I would talk to her more about it if she wants. I told her that she is stressing herself out with the fasting...let alone all the other stress in her life, which is spiking cortisol which will pack on belly fat. Plus I told her...you're not 25 anymore.

Ok....need to get some breakfast and wait to hear from my friend. I expect her to call and say..."What do you think?" I could go either way. I'll go slog around and play golf, or I'll stay home and putter around the house. I'm happy either way. EDITED TO ADD: Friend and I initially decided to cancel, but now the sun is out! Golf is on!!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Oct-25-22 at 07:26.
  #1504   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-22, 08:39

BF:

Good Morning!

I am up early and have had my shower way early and coffee is almost gone. Did a fast run to the grocery to pick up fish stock- for She Crab Soup! Oh YES I am. I am making it Keto to boot and dairy free sans Kerry Gold butter.
I have 8 oz of fresh crab meat, and 8 oz of cracked lobster claw. - One pound of melt in your mouth crab/lobster!
Going to use coconut milk 1 carb, butter, and old bay seasoning and a dollop of Dijion mustard, a cup of fish stock- that is it. I am not using flour- no need.

Lori- Whoot on getting another game in!
Goodness on your friend and the messed up, botched gastric surgery. I just hate that for anybody, if people could find the truth of keto and give it real go we could put those bariatric doctors out of business.
What people do not know it that they put you on a liquid diet of shakes for 30 days PRIOR to the surgery and most people start dropping weight. They do this to shrink the stomach so they can sleeve it. CRAZY when you really think about it.

Oh my on the Ohio trip for the same deer!!!!! LOLOLOL. Who is going to help with Betty????? All up to you? Hummmmmmm?? Girl I would be planning you another trip with sis and call it a day! Oh yeah! VA beach here ya come!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

Trig- Goodness you sound swamped! What insurance are you going with? Curious?
Also interested in what you are doing Market wise! You can PM me. You know I have my fingers in that too!

I am pretty excited for you to start looking for that "shack" on the beach!
Kiddo is revving up for her exploring the world through collage! Fun times I tell ya.
Do as little as possible on the farm, if planning to sell as is. Less headache. By then the housing market might bounce back!

Girl- I am craving crab today too! So I am feeding my crab craving and back to chicken or beef tomorrow. I am not having carbs though- butter and more butter and pho cream. No potatoes or garbage- just lobster and crab, cream and butter!

Nic-
What's up? Chillin?!?!?!?!? HAHAHA- reading up on your book?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is NEXT for job board hunt. I was SO appalled with yesterdays interview. Hello to the no on that one! Sighhhhhhhhh such crap in the working world these days. Covid changed EVERYTHING.
I too think and know something is going to come along!

I'm doing pretty well on reset of WOE! - I do not think todays soup will derail me as there is nothing in it really, but CRAB! HEHEHEH

I also picked up a 6.5 pound organic, free range chicken marked down to 4.50! Now we are talking really good and fair price for meat. It is going straight into the Ipot today and I will save it for tomorrow, but it needs cooked today!
I might shred it and make chicken "noodle" Egglife soup for tomorrow. I am digging soup right now. I make my own broth, no garbage in it.

Will hit up the dog park before the rain/storms get here this afternoon. I will put my soup on and work on applications.
Tomorrow I am meeting DD in Greenville. Temps gonna drop today too! Sunny right now though.

I am binging a show I watched several years ago and forgot about it. I am remembering it as it goes alone. It is ok- nothing great to watch right now so I am in it for right now. Once Upon a Time, Disney.

Ok ladies have a good one!
  #1505   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-22, 11:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all,

What's shakin'? Another cloudy day here. Was misty this morning but I think that is stopping. I hope so! I'm glad we had a couple of good days for the Bunco Chicks but it has been rain all day Sunday and Monday.

Jaz- So I wonder what the correct answer(s) would be regarding the transgender person and priority? What does that even mean? Mental health support? Finding a doctor that is supportive? I am actually serious. ??

As for the pronouns, I know on Zoom, insta etc it is normal to put she/her or whatever as standard course. I was assuming that was their intent in asking but who knows?

All: Stomach surgeries: One of my Bunco chicks apparently had a sleeve or stapling or some kind of stomach surgery recently - about 3 months ago. I was surprised to hear this bc 1) she hasn't been that heavy and 2) she had been using alternate ways of healthy eating with some degree of success I thought. Anyway, she was looking pretty good over the weekend- I'd say her weight isn't much off of mine (and I could stand to lose 25/30 pounds) but reasonable, you know? And then I heard through the grapevine that even though she has dropped 30 pounds in three months, she doesn't feel she has lost weight fast enough and wants to pursue gastric bypass. Now, I didn't hear any of this directly so who actually knows if all this is correct, but I really hope she doesn't do that. There are so many other issues that can arise from surgeries like that with the very least being nutrient and vitamin/mineral issues and then far worse. Ugh.

Trig- You have a long list of things you are managing. So glad that Barb is doing well and recovering well; I know you need that good friend in your life!

Lori- I hope you are out and golfing! Rain has abated but no sun here. I'll be excited for you if you see the sun today!

Not a ton going on today- finishing my book club book (Still Alice by Lisa Genova) and probably picking up some salami and cheese to take along to Bingo tonight. I think for Book Club on Thursday I am going to do a baked potato bar and chili- I will just have the chili but vegetarians can make up a baked potato however they would like. That's what I'm leaning toward anyway. Actually if no one is a vegetarian I might just do chili and serve it up with a loaf of sourdough or something.

I have my online class from 2:30-3:45 today as well. I will listen to that and work on my latest diamond painting.

That's all she wrote!
  #1506   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-22, 18:18

BF:

NIC- Wow what a fabulous post! I just loved all you are doing, thinking about and how you are just living it up! You are such the social one of us. I could be happy with 10 dogs and beach house and never see another human again! Well, I guess the Amazon people! HAHAHAHAH

Goodness on this gastric surgery discussion. Did you know that insurance company now lowered the wt so more people like YOU AND ME can get this done?!?!?!?!?!?I would CERTAINLY qualify. I just looked it up for a sleeve- BMI of 30 or above! I just looked up my BMI- yup I could get it at 31%. That is CRAZY.
I only want to take off 30-35 more pounds. I certainly would not consider a surgery for 35 or even 50 pounds. WOW........ Speechless. It is all about the $$$$$$$$$ Period!

Then you toss in the fact that women have been body shamed for years and feel the need to "look" a certain way. It's disgusting. You don't see dudes signing up unless it is dire, like death dire!
Wow and wow........... so frekin sad.

Anywhoo....... Nic- love the idea of a chili bar, Potato bar for the vegans. Awesome idea and so little work! Chili in a crock pot and just have bowls of toppings! WAY TO GO on that!

Didn't get as much done today as I hoped. Did make it to the dog park. I put out several applications.

Priority for a transgender? I was totally stumped with that question and sure I failed it. I don't see a need to make them special. They are just like anybody else in my mind. Treated the same. I am sure that was a wrong answer too! LOLOLOLOLOL
OH well.........

My crab soup was an EPIC FAILURE. Lesson learned. IF you are going to make a delicate and rich soup, make it as it should be. the substitutions in this case did not work. I ate it. But it was less than stellar, and I tossed out the left over- BLECK. I think runny is a word to describe the soup. It really was EPIC in the failure dept. and will not be attempted again.

Going to Greenville tomorrow for a few hours. I will get to see the kids. Short trip- in and out.

It for here- time for Disney!
  #1507   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-22, 06:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Cloudy morning, but I guess we're heading out golfing. Yesterday was warm with the sun in and out. I kept taking my jacket on and off. We had a bit of misty rain early in our round, but not too annoying.

We're working on getting Betty set up with a new cordless phone. I'll stop by after golf and make sure she's in business. Her old one still works, but the mic is scratchy sounding. DH called me this morning and said the new one isn't working as her phone goes right to voice mail. I had to go up last night when he was trying to figure out why the new one would not charge. He didn't have the battery in it! Bless him.....he does better out in the woods than dealing with anything with wires.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner tonight. I'm tired of worrying about it. I signed up for Door Dash and we may order something to try it out. I know it's $$, but sometimes you just don't want to think too much, you know? I'm hungry for Chinese food...maybe that's the way I'll go. I think I'll use DoorDash several times next week when DH is away.

Ok....have to start pulling myself together after another cup of coffee. I didn't crawl out of bed until 7:30 this morning.
  #1508   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-22, 08:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all! Happy Hump Day!

Didn't win in Bingo but had a good time.

Lori LOL over there not being a battery in there. At least you guys balance each other!
My DS24 and his wife are making the rounds on free offers of dinner boxes. They are enjoying them!

Jaz what a bummer about the crab soup. I know you were really looking forward to it. It is especially disappointing when that happens with real treats like crab or lobster.

I'm changing my book club menu to just chili with toppings, cornbread and then I think I'll make a homemade banana pudding for dessert. Dh loves it so he will make short work of leftovers plus I will send some home for husbands. I just don't want it hanging around the house as I am really working on cleaning things up for myself.

Headed out shortly to play pickleball. Doggo has her grooming appt at 3:30 and the grocery is right next door so I will grab my odds and ends. Other than those two things, I will finish reading my book. Dh comes tonight (yay!) and will be here through the weekend. He will be playing poker on Thursday night at the clubhouse so he will be happily engaged.

My neighbor who had the heart surgery is doing well. Apparently she was sitting up in a chair today and her bp is stabilizing.

I think that is it from me! I was thinking I might eat before pb but I'm not hungry yet so I will just go and play, and I can eat later on.
  #1509   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-22, 09:30

BF:

Happy Hump Day as well!!!! LOLOLOL

Nic- Love the idea of Chili bar, quick, easy peasy and everyone gets a great bowl of chili! I LOVE chili. I make mine without the beans, but I do like the kind with beans too! You just can't go wrong! Have Fun with your book club tomorrow!

How long are you staying this time in DE? It has truly become your safe spot and nest! I love that for you!
Nice that hubby can also get there and do a bit of WFH and have that work life balance going beach side!!!!!

Poker in the club house huh! LOLOLOL
So your knee lets you play PB?!?!?! Good for you. It's great exercise. I would maybe like it, but know I can't do the side to side with MY knee!
I am more of a forward march kinda gal!

I am glad to hear your neighbor is doing well after open heart. That is SO frekin scary, on so many levels. It takes alot out of people. I am glad she is better!

Lori- - OMG you had me rolling over your hubby not putting in a phone battery! I thought I was bad! HAHAHAHAH.
I thought he was going to Ohio?

Is Betty able to know how to use a phone? I am not being funny, just asking.
IS M still able to come over and help?

Enjoy your game! Wet or dry off you go!

Trig- - what are you cooking up today? I bet it is absolutely stunning in your area now with the trees. Believe it or not the maples here are a brilliant red! Never seen that here. Truly a pretty Fall for a change here. Leaves are dropping though at warp speed. Time to start taking that Vita D!!!!!! I'm telling ya it works, ok it HELPS! I take at least 2-3,000 iu.

Does your DD get any Fall break? Are you done mowing for the season?
What's for dinner?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Bacon cooling from the oven. I got the super THICK I mean THICK pack, 1.5 pounds. I do mine in the oven 350 and keep checking it after about 25 minutes depending on thickness. I have found 400 degrees it gets smoking and sets off my smoke alarms! LOLOLOL

Got a 6.5 pound organic chicken roaster I picked up for under 5 bucks yesterday! I have that going in the Ipot, and boiled eggs cooling in the fridge for deviled eggs later.
Simple and YUMMY food. Yeah, I tried to get all fancy and killed that crab soup yesterday. Today will be a much better fare!

Go a few things to follow up on, then I am meeting my DD and Grands for coffee/ hot chocolate. We are going to meet half way. That really works as today got busy, and I in not in a mood to rush.

Tomorrow I am getting a chair swap from Rooms to go. The chair I got when I moved in here (I didn't have a couch) is already falling apart. I called them told them to:
1) take it away and give me credit or replace it with a new one.
So out comes the new one.

You know all our stuff comes from China and is crap anymore anyway. My grandmother furniture never broke down after 3 months! You know she had the same clothes washer for over 20 years! Her appliances lasted FOREVER!!!!!!! Yup- those were the days for sure!

No new news on the job front. I am going to put an AD in the "Next Door" online I am a part of. I did once before and didn't get any takers. But maybe with the holidays coming around someone might need a sitter, personal assistant for a few hours. Who couldn't use an extra hand here and there. Might fill a small gap until my "something else comes along.

Ok gals- rock on- keeping it simple today.
  #1510   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-22, 16:18

BF:

Jaz.......Yes, DH is going to Ohio hunting. He & DS leave this coming Sunday morning at 5AM and won't be home till the following Saturday, 11/5.

We get Betty the same cordless phone that she's used to. Luckily, Walmart has the same model when we need to replace it. I got it all hooked up this morning before golf, but it was still scratchy sounding. DH called the phone company and they came this afternoon and it took a bit, but the Tech found a bad wire outside that was the problem. All cleared up now.

I'm really worried about Betty as it seems to me that she's having difficulty breathing. When she talks, it is very faint and breathless sounding. She can only get a few words out between breaths. I asked her this afternoon if she's having trouble breathing and she said no.....it's just because I'm lying down. Um...I don't think so, but I'm not going to argue with her. As long as she's not in pain or anything, we're just letting her be. Her visiting nurse will be coming to see her next week, but sooner if we need her. Going day by day.

Ordered thru DoorDash for dinner and it worked perfectly. I'll be using it while DH is away for sure.

G'nite!
  #1511   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-22, 04:54

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, sorry on Betty, hope all is ok on her checkup!!!

Jaz, yea new stuff stinks. cheap is cheap but never means cheap in $$ nowadays. cheap crap higher price, ugh

Smart move to maybe tackle some 'private job' in some way to help someone. cash under table and in pocket never a bad thing in that one LOL after Jan. alot more options will open up for sure.

Nicco, how is the ol' leg issues with PB? you gimping or is all healed up better? glad you neighbor is good!!

------------just not posting much. Doing tons of 'financial' and other paperwork and 'revamp' of my insurances and all and damn if that don't take time and then throw in 'life' while I am trying to research what I might change and not LOL omg. shoot me.

nothing doing. got neice's wedding on Sat. at 4. Kiddo is beside herself I 'ain't buying an outfit' I was gonna then I thought screw it. Nice shirt, more fancy of course and black jeans. Yup. (now the jeans are a nice fancy like pair ya know, more like dress pants in a way, never usually wear them, finally got a reason too HA) with nice super cute fancy pair of black sandals and wear some real gold jewelry and wrangle out maybe some diamond stuff I got ....wee.... haven't worn in over 20 yrs. Done deal. Kid is like OMG and I am like, damn! Aren't YOU THE one who has preached to me to NOT judge and anything and everything goes in the present? that almost shut her up but then she said it is a wedding and I said like I care HAHA I tell ya guys I don't. I will 'look very very fine' and done deal compared to what I normally look like LOL ugh Told her she is lucky I ain't wearing 'good flannel' she goffed and gasped I best not well, who knows hmmm

got a nice big ribeye today
not sure on other food. probably am gonna hit some shrimp in alfredo sauce maybe. It is a big ribeye so second meal ain't gonna be screaming at me.

over and out

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Oct-27-22 at 05:05.
  #1512   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-22, 06:16

BF:

Good Morning!

Not much going on here today. I have some errands to run for Betty, but that's about it. DH off hunting....again! No golf for me until Saturday & Sunday.

Trig......Your outfit for the wedding sounds nice. Can't go wrong with black pants and diamonds! Woohoo! I think you're having fun giving your daughter a heart attack thinking you'll show up in flannel...

Jaz.....Did you meet up with the kids yesterday? Hope it all worked out and a good time was had by all.

Nic.....Enjoy your time in DE. It sounds like you have such a fun community there for both you and DH.

Well, Gabby is sitting on the windowsill wanting in for breakfast #2. She's a mess in the morning. All she wants to do is eat and then about 9, she'll go upstairs and I won't see her till late in the afternoon when she wants to eat again! Bless her.

Have good days!
  #1513   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-22, 08:30

BF:

Happy Thursday!

Trig
- OMG, Lay out your black jeans with your "best" flannel shirt and a nice purse on the bed and say nothing! Just lay it there- OMG I would have a field day with that! Oh yea, just casual like.
You crack me up with your good and BEST flannel. You know I told you Corduroy is now BACK in style! There we go, I used to LOVE me a warm corduroy shirt jacket, jeans, and ankle boots with the "sweater material" around the edge. How 80's IS that?!?!?!?!?

Do you have any really UGLY sweaters to also casually pull out. Girl you could really get her good!

I am craving a steak today too. Even though I made that chicken yesterday. I really want a beefy steak. Chicken may wait!

Yup Fall is the time to gather your stuff and look at next years stuff. That is what companies are doing too! You got it though. Time consuming you bet! Too cold to do much outside anyway!

How is Barb doing?

Lori- - What did you order for Door Dash? Do you get that through Prime service? It sounds like a treat for days you want a PJ day and not have to cook!

Betty, hummmmmm if your gut is making you worried, maybe you should have the nurse visit her today to just "make sure". She will have a stethoscope and an O2 monitor to make sure her oxygen is stable and will be able to tell if anything is of concern. Plus, it will give you peace of mind before hubby leaves. Just a thought, can't hurt, plus you would have done due diligence just in case her breathing isn't "just laying down". So sorry this is so worrisome! Dealing with oldies is just tough!

Is it nice there? Do you have a place to walk? I bet it is pretty there too! Do you have any apple farms close? I love to hit up an apple farm in the Fall. I never buy anything but I love the smells!

What's for dinner tonight?

Nic- Enjoy your book club tonight! I think it sounds so cozy. Did you get your book finished?
Did hubby make it in last night?
How long are you staying! Send us a pic or two of how you have decorated! LOVE it.
Are you exploring the beach/ boardwalk this weekend?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I DID see the kids yesterday. OMG cuteness overload! That little one! I had to tickle me "lovin" out of her! Her little neck is a tickle spot. She would just laugh and say Stop GIGI, followed by do it again and offer her neck for tickles. TOO CUTE. She is ALL GIRLY GIRL! LOVE IT!
My grandson is so smart- genius level actually. (Gets it from his Gigi) HAHAHAHAH. He is reading at an 7th grade level in 3nd grade. He LOVES books. My DD taught him how to read at 3.

Waiting for the chair to get here. ETA about noon-1.

I too am working on paperwork, to pull info together, thinking about budgets.
Add the job hunt continues- just maybe differently. I am keeping all doors open. I am open to moving too as this rent at 2K is so high end, but I just don't know where cheaper and SAFE at the moment would be. So, I am just waiting really until the new year before jumping at anything.

WOE- Yesterday was 2 beef wraps and that was it, using the egg life wraps. ZERO carbs. I just love them- THANK YOU NIC! Game changer for me.
I do warm them up in a pan with a bit of butter to brown them. They also make stellar noodles.
I have chicken, broth, and noodles for soup tomorrow. Today though I am craving beef.

Got "coffee shop" off You Tube playing, small pumpkin candle going and just "doing my thing. Need to get in a walk.

Is anybody else doing a reset? Revamping the WOE, thinking about handling the holidays and food, waiting till Jan.? Just Curious.

Have a good one.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Oct-27-22 at 09:51.
  #1514   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-22, 10:18

BF:

Jaz.....DoorDash is an app and certain restaurants are available to order from. I got Shrimp with Broccoli.....so good....but let's not talk about the fried rice DH got Sweet & Sour chicken....also very good. I'm afraid DoorDash is going to be much too handy! I almost ordered from Dunkin Donuts this morning! I have instructions on my acct. that they just leave my order on a chair on my front porch....no contact. I didn't hear them deliver it last night, but got an immediate message on my phone that it was here. Yep...there it was!

It is very nice and sunny here, though windy. I parked my car several blocks away from where my errands were and walked around town....so nice! I mailed a package for Betty and then stopped at a local candy store and bought her a big box of her favorite milk choc covered pretzel sticks. I took them in to her and she was so excited. Her breathing seemed much better today. I guess when you're 93, you're going to have good days and bad, right? I sat and talked with her a bit and then came home to do laundry and all that fun stuff.
  #1515   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-22, 12:39

BF:

Lori- That Door Dash sounds dangerously amazing! HAHA. Hey you can get away with it, you are so careful and already at goal! Good for you to have a way to eat "out", without having to buy booze, leave tips, buy all the extras that add up, plus you never leave your house!

Awesome you had a great day to walk about the town area! Was it the square? That is always fun.

I am sure Betty loved the candy.
---------------------------------------------------------
I am doing a MOUND of laundry here today! I am doing sheets, towels, dog blankets, and of course clothes. So yeah, a bigger stack. I also tossed in my bed comforter. So I have more than usual. I normally only do doggie blankets about 1 a month. He likes "his" smell. LOLOL. As long as it doesn't STINK, I am cool with it.

Got a doctors appt. tomorrow. They just called from a reschedule. I will be meeting my 3nd person from this practice. I am not impressed. But maybe with the new year I will be looking at a new provider. So I just go with the flow for right now and smile and nod.

I gutted the 6.5 chicken (Ruger on my hip) waiting for a shred to hit his mouth. Anyway- I got a TON of meat from it. I am going to freeze half, and then half the half. I am going to go ahead and have the chicken and noodles. It sounds good to me now and keep my stew beef for tomorrow.
I ate my last 4 pieces of bacon - natures candy a few minutes ago. Will have soup when the mood strikes.

For some reason I have back pain today. Lower back pain. The kind you get when you bend down and pick up something wrong. So annoying.

Low key day- 3 applications in today, and still waiting on the chair swap! All good from NE GA!