Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2311   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 15:50

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

End of day check in:

Came in under 500 calories today! I think eggs are going to be a diet day staple. Really takes care of hunger for a good, long while. I had 2 scrambled in a little bit of butter around 11 and then had 1 hard boiled with a cup of bone broth for dinner. Kitchen is closed!

I also got my sorry butt out of this chair and walked for an hour around Noon. A one day streak!

Finishing my day with lemon lime seltzer water until bedtime. Bye!
Sponsored Links
  #2312   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 22:21

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue, yea nothing wrong with a short whatever post when ya feel lousey. Rest and more rest, the mind is foggy and ya just need chillax time.

Lori, 2 weeks and your trip is here....seems like it is coming so fast but not fast enough for you I bet.....you are doing fab on the down days! Yea don't worry on the scale truly cause if this is the plan you are going to follow, heck give it a month and just wait to weigh in....then you really know if you get a nice drop and a great surprise and a good plan to keep following but we never can seem to leave the scale alone

you beat me by a little, I was maybe 650 today but that bit of overage was ranch dressing tho , got heavy handed with it

Jaz, yea healthcare is insanity. don't get me started. when I read what goes down with you and your job I cringe about it all! too much literally. ugh

the fridge...omg...you have me laughing but to you it ain't funny is it
ugh

Nicco, a needle never bothered me. everyone in my family will take a shot in a second, it seems wild when I read how adults are just scared to death of a shot but I get it....we all got some fears hanging in us at all times

4.1 total on the hike. start to end trail and backtrack.

Greg where are ya!!!

THE HIKE FROM HELL

omg. SO FREKKIN' HOT.

start at 77 degrees
1 mile thru clear cut forest where the scrub and weeds etc grew up to like 6 ft and engulfed the trail but it was pure sun the whole mile and NO wind at all. holy cow and the sucker was up hill! gradual kinda but you sure knew you were walking UP hill and not flat

Then into the woods where what little breeze there was is now NIL. And it was switchback up and around the 'little mountain'. About 1/2 mile thru that to suspension bridge over creek. Lovely, cool, well built and bounced like a mother but fun

Then 1/2 mile into open sun along the corn fields til the end.

Going back was fine til I hit into the forest again after playing on that suspension bridge for a bit and I just melted. Got real hot. That heated blood pounding in the head hot....then out into the SUN again and NO air....then I got icky feeling. Sweating like a piglet on the bbq.

I just slowed down to a crawl. Amazing, like I felt fine but the hot blood just took me down. Like I could walk forever if I could just cool my blood.

That last mile back to the car in total sun on that trail.....took me down big time

Hit the car and it said....89 deg.

So out to eat we go. Had grilled chicken salad and loaded it with ranch but only ate chicken and picked thru it....I couldn't eat....I was feeling so hot still and icky and hubby chowed down chicken parm and spaghetti and 2 rolls. You got to be f'ing kidding me....for lunch? Told him the BIG dinner lunches are stopping, lunch is just that....not darn dinner ya know but he told me to hush and mind my own business. He didn't care.

think my blood was hot before....well....but I let it go cause I thought I will just up his life insurance a bit and whatever after that plus I was too exhausted to care and fight back but maybe I will get him later if I remember it later

easy trail my azz......tough moderate to difficult....well maybe not if it was cooler outside

so tomorrow is eat day but I won't go overboard I don't think.
I got my eye on a nice ribeye and do that and maybe a broth to hold me til my steak time. That big boy will pack up the kcals for me and be enough

off I go....12:30 now and I did nap for like 2 hrs after we got back and I got a good shower in and washed clothes cause everything I wore stunk from sweating like a mother....now I ain't sleepy LOL

geez it was just too hot for me on this one.
  #2313   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 04:35

BF:

hey, I beat Lori this morning for posting.
up early
didn't sleep good

today is going to be a very lazy day here for me

just chilling, few small chores to tackle and done....tv...nap...repeat. yup, gonna be a slug!

Today is eat day
just gonna do tuna and mayo or just broth for brunch time and have a honking big ribeye with maybe some mushrooms tonight.

good enough
food is not on my mind kinda today. just f'ing tired for some reason.

not much to chat about....great day all
  #2314   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 06:35

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm hungry!! My stomach is growling like crazy. Every time I take a sip of coffee, my stomach gurgles and growls...it's like.....the heck with that, give me some food!!

Weekly average weight is down a few tenths this week. It's all good. Thanks to the darn pretzels & hummus, I didn't see the loss I feel I should have. It's all about choices, right? Eating today and then having another low day tomorrow since Monday night we're going to a cookout. It's got to be flexible for this plan to work for me.

Trig.....that was quite a hike! Sounds like the heat really got to you...not good. Like you, I would not have been able to eat much after being out in the heat on a hike. Ugh.

I was in bed till after 7 this morning. The cat got me up around 3 and then I had trouble getting back to sleep. DH was awake too and we both tossed and turned for at least an hour trying to get back to sleep.

Not sure if I'll do the walk thing today or not. I should, but we'll see. DH will be watching college football all day(while sleeping in his recliner) I like watching football, but not for 8 plus hours! I'll probably take a break this afternoon and get my walk in. Trying to talk myself into it.

I'll be back later.....have good days!
  #2315   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 07:06

BF:

Lori ya are doing 2 low days...cool...I was wondering how to make it work when it falls weird sometimes and I guess you answered it for me....just do whatever it takes to make sure you get enough low eat days in for a week, no matter how ya get them down

I like that!! Flexible means less fail I get so rigid sometimes I set myself up to fail in a way, this time I am following you and doing what flex I need to make it work in a week....thanks a lot for typing that out and making me SEE what must be done. I know things, but reading how you are doing it and why makes it SO work better for me!!!

We can say Mon, Wed, Fri are low days but then crap happens and we gotta change it up a bit to make it work best!!

and go take that walk later LOL

DH in recliner....I so get that.....hubby loves his recliner also like it is a vacation when he sits in it all day with the remote HA

yea the heat and bigger UP the mountain trail then it stated on the info on the trail surprised me. from the first step onto the trail the whole grade was UP...not deadly up but UP...and in full heat sun it just tore me down.

but this means I know where I stand....so that is good. I know endurance is key here now to get back to where I was....I went downhill (not on the trail darn it LOL) but in fitness for sure.

I am changing that big time now. I saw what this little 4 miles in heat did to me, so I am not liking it one bit.

I miss a better me LOL gonna get it back
  #2316   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 07:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Love that "I miss a better me.. gonna get it back." Go Girl!

You might have had a bit of heat exhaustion or some dehydration going on.

Lori- Thanks for the clarification about weekends. I think I am going to treat them as alternating days for the moment, subject to change while I'm feeling this out.

You did well on your DD and also getting your walk in!

I did go ahead and get the book on my Kindle. I want to try to follow her plan relatively closely so I can give it a fair shake.

•••••

Hi all!

So it is Saturday morning, about 9:30, and I'm in sweatpants, my Charleston drug rug , socks and slippers. Even a light blanket! Chilly here in the house at 69º. Fall, I see you coming! There will still be a few warmer days coming (mid 80s in the middle of the month) but the seasons are changing for sure.

Up/Feast day yesterday. It was good. No wild cravings or bingeing happening thus far. In fact, I had to make sure to eat a little more bc my appetite was fairly low.

Today is a DD. I've planned for a can of light soup for 'lunch' and either a frozen meal or a wrap for 'dinner.' I have a bit of wiggle room for something more if I want it but that will likely be plenty.

Got in almost 11K steps yesterday so that's good!

I've got a walk planned, dropping off some donation stuff, making sure DS17 gets his TB test checked. Ya know.. life!

High of 81 today.

Make it a good one!
  #2317   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 08:10

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Happy Saturday Morning!

OMG TRIG- Nurse me kicked in reading your HELL HIKE in 100 degress heat! I wonder... let me rephrase you sound like FOR SURE the heat was taking you out! That was a perfect storm: oppressive heat, uphill hike, beating sun, not used to that torture, and the trail itself! I am so glad it did not go on longer!!!!- Perfectly healthy people drop in those conditions.

GIRL- WE ARE IN A HEAT WAVE!!!!- I am right there with you on wanting to get in better shape. I went up a drive way that was about 3 blocks straight up- had to stop halfway and catch my breath. SO embarrassing! SO outta shape! SO yes I feel you 100% to at least get some endurance back!

But this heat is no joke- I am seriously over it! So glad you cooled down!
Now as far as the pork chop- chowing down telling you to mind your business! That is funny- I would do the same think. I would start talking about all the trips I would be taking with his (ex) insurance policy- all the things I could buy! He ignored me.......

I love that you are all starting to post your food again! It does give clarity to how much we eat- I will be doing that starting today as well!

NIC-
Don't get me started on men and cleaning!!!!- HAHAHAH-
I too have a real nose for : What in gods name is THAT SMELL???!?!?!?

So you have had a nice easy week! LUCKY girl! - I know you will fall into a routine and you will fill up with stuff and wonder where all your time is going!
Are you doing the up/down thing?

LORI- Waiting on JAZ to get the party started yesterday huh!!??!?!? - I would have been later this morning- slept in until 8:45- Gosh I love my Saturday mornings. Sipping my coffee and got the antique flip on TV and all is quiet. LOVE my morning with nothing PRESSING ya know!

You trip sounds like fun. Do you have a house you rented? Are you beach front? Is this a shopping trip or beach trip? How fun!!!! I love trips to look forward to. I think we all need SOMETHING to break up the day to day!

Eggs- YES! I love eggs. Such an underestimated food! Just plain up scrambled with maybe anything, mushrooms, butter, bacon, or as is- add a drop of hot sauce and it really hits the spot!!!!
I love to made deviled eggs in the fridge (omg the smell!!!- hahah)
but they are fun to eat and really takes the edge off hunger! I make mine super simple.
Boil eggs-
filling: mayo/ mustard/ garlic power, salt, couple drops of hot sauce
top with smoked paprika - seal in AIRTIGHT container

BLUE-- Hoping you feel better EVERYDAY- thanks for checking in!
-----------------------------------------------------
Oh- couple things I forgot. Lori - I agree about not weighing everyday!!!! BLUE - had to PRY the scales from my feet last year. It is a tool only.
I would weigh maybe one- twice tops a week. The up sound in fluid weight makes us crazy!

NIC- yes we have Meals on Wheels on here and sign most of my patient s up with it right away. I also sign them up with CCSP which is a program here that sends a personal aide out to assist with house keeping, cooking, errands, whatever. Most of my patients LOVE that. It is a state program. It takes about 6 weeks to get on, but once they are in they are in!

see I had more to say. I think of stuff as I am typing!

I stopped at the meat store on my way home last night. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE my butcher store. It is a small shop WELL known in Duluth. It is always busy! FRESH cuts of meat!!!! They also have the best fish, not farmed- plus not from Asia.

I got a mess of wings and drummets for the air fryer last night! (Lori's favorite!) HA
I have also bought a pound of fresh arctic salmon, it isn't sockeye, I don't like that. It is fresh arctic salmon- beautiful cut of fish, a huge seasoned T-bone 1.5 inches thick, 2 handmade sausage links

So I have fish, steak, sausage- I also bought stuffed mushrooms, asparagus, and fresh romaine, and a huge steak house tomato- farm grown. You can so tell the difference between grocery tomatoes and a farm fresh tomato. So basically 5 KETO meals for 58.00. One night will be left overs I will add with eggs.
Like steak and eggs, sausage and eggs! All good. So I have 4 dinners covered .

Last night was my wing dinner. I was not in the mood for sides, just give me wings. Made them in my air fryer, a TAD of BBQ sauce and then ranch dressing for dipping! 2 glasses of wine and that was it.
I came in around 900 calories/ 8 carbs
For me that was great. One day at a time.

Today is salmon and asparagus/ Tomorrow is steak and salad. DONE

I stall have 2 charts to finish. My eyes got tired last night. So yes I dragged work into my Saturday. I will put a 3 hour limit on it today and then close my work computer.
Today is my cleaning, bathrooms, laundry, bill paying day. It continues to be hotter than Hades here. OVER IT.

This weekend is a R&R - next weekend is going to be crazy busy. The family is all coming in for the 4 year old birthday! Cousins and all!!!! It will be great to see "my boy". He called me last night. That kid melts my heart.
I answered the phone, thinking it was the DD. But this sweet voice was asking for his GIGI!! I told him I would see him soon! I also told him if I was there I would be tickling his belly which just made him laugh all over. SWEET surprise.

Check in later....... have a good one all
  #2318   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 08:18

BF:

NIC we cross posted! YEA on cool crispy air!
I wish I would have gotten a rug top like you did!!!- I would SO be wearing it this fall!!!!- Plus a great reminder of our time there!

I still have my sparkly cups I bought for my wine there I pull out every now and again!
If we go back there I would love to stay in that hotel with the roof top pool and bar. I know you told me the name, but I have forgotten. That would be an AWESOME stay! not to mention a step up!!!! Talk about a girls weekend! OH yea,,,,,I could see me having coffee watching the sun come up on that roof top.
then evening swims before bed!

Does anybody remember the name of that hotel?

Ok- now I am off into my day!
  #2319   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 10:34

BF:

Jaz....Virginia Beach trip is just sister bonding time. We stay at a nice Hampton Inn right on the ocean...balcony & all. We get up fairly early in the morning and go get a cup of coffee and go to the beach. We walk miles in the surf while sipping our coffee. Then it's back to the hotel and maybe a light breakfast of yogurt or something. Then we'll spend some time on the balcony and eventually put on sneakers and walk miles on the promenade. It is not like a typical boardwalk with junk tee shirt shops etc. None of that where we go. Just a few hotels and rentals and a concrete promenade. If it's a warm day, we'll schlepp our chairs to the beach and spend a few hours chatting and watching the waves. We have a favorite restaurant that is walking distance from our hotel and we usually go there every night. Delish seafood and just anything you could want. Ocean view. We usually turn in early and then do the whole thing over again the next day. Some would be bored, but we just soak up the salt air and enjoy every minute.

Trig...I don't do 2 diet days in a row. I will do 2 Up days, but 2 down days would be too stressful to this old body. This week I'll have a diet day tomorrow(Sunday) and then Monday & Tuesday will be Up days so I can get back to Wednesday & Friday diet days.

Nic...I can't picture the sweatshirt you're talking about from Charleston. I remember being in the shop with lots of nice stuff, but don't remember what you ended up getting.

Just got back from running around. I went to the meat market and then stopped at a new shop uptown. JR's soft pretzels.....OY! I came home and told DH about it and he had no rest till we went back up so he could get some lunch. He had a ham & cheese pretzel roll and also a dessert cherry pie pretzel roll. We bought some skinny soft pretzel sticks and I ate a couple of them....shouldn't have, but they were there....you know? Sigh....

It is warm outside, but chilly in the house. I'm going to put on my sweats and get comfy and take a nap. The 3AM wake up call from the cat is catching up with me.

#2320   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 16:57

BF:

Lori- you trip sounds amazing!!!!!- I was going to ask you what hotel you stay at, until I thought about the logistics for me!!!! not in a days drive!!! I love the beach.

So I pretty much stay here in the Folly, St. Simon, Charleston, savannah, Myrtle beach area. SE- It's ok. Then I want to do it up I will plunge to Dustin! LOVE the beach!!!!!! I could sit on the beach all day- people watch, read books, listen to music, have drinks, it's just so good.
-----------------------------------
Speaking of good. I had some books at the library today and ended up browsing a bit. Picked ups book called BEST SELF. It a book on how to bring out the best of our self, recognize what needs kicked to the curb and being at peace!
I learned some things about myself today that is helpful. I am not my BEST SELF!!!!!
I however am skimming though the chapters and will go back for a more in-depth re-read. It is good!!!
Author Mike Bayer.
I learned I have road rage- NOT good for blood pressure, and I hate conflict. People who show huge amounts of anger I run from. I can't be around people who yell- funny from a road rager. But it made sense to me why I just can't be around my mom and her husband. I just can't deal with it.

Best quality: I am kind and loyal and an encourager. - these traits are me at my best!!!!! Oh and funny!!!!! Forgot humor! I love this about me!

I have not let the best part of me shine for awhile. It is buried under stress and anger.
Good news- I have choices....... I need to finish the rest of the book......

Well not really. I got the gist that I am ultimately responsible for me. And that I should not allow nobody to take my best! (Including this job).
This book even wants you to name your best self and your worst self. I know that is a bit weird........ Still skimming the book.

Also picked up the cook book from KETOFASt- it talked alot about up/down days and fasting and Keto! - EXACTLY what you gals are doing!
Not there yet- one fire at a time!!!!!

OMG It got to 95 today- I was out running around and ended up with a headache when I got home.
I also didn't touch my work computer today. I know I have 2 assessment to know out. NOT TODAY- me time, I just can't.

Dinner- OMAD. The salmon - MELT in my mouth delish. Enough to share with Bella and leftovers for tomorrow!!!! She and sometimes share dinner if it's high end. She got salmon and pumpkin, and a sprinkle of dog food for crunch- she gobbled it like it was her last meal. now she is SLEEPING at my feet. Full belly .........

I am thinking about checking out some Netflix! Having a rum and laCroix. No work today- rest!!!!!! VACAY-
I too am in my recliner after running errands and house work all day! - pooped!
Tomorrow is another day!
  #2321   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 17:05

BF:

Oh.......NIC- I remember your rug top-
It was that place that with the wood floors. You got it from the hanger on the left side the shop. They hand to go and get you another because the one you picked had string run! It is a nappy "rug" like cool weather top. it was a nautical theme- loved it. I was too cheap to buy one too- NOW I WANT ONE!!!!!!

hahahahah- oh well, next time I am there!!!!!!
To dame hot to even wear clothing here!!!!!!!!! I have all the windows covered to keep thereat out. It is 78 degrees in my house and the poor AC unit is struggling non-stop!!!!!!

Ok- kicking up feet like TRIGS hubby- in recliner, clicker in hand, rum in other dog at feet- life does not get any better
  #2322   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 17:24

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trigger---OMG, I started mentally sweating reading your hiking post. Holy S, I would have GONE DOWN. So from my POV, you did pretty darn well. I'm happy for you getting back to your hiking because I remember last year when you were really getting into it and it was making you happy. And yeah, it really does start to snap in the body, in less time than you'd think. Not to mention an overall improved feeling of wellness.

Jaz---Wow, you did a great job at the butchers! Great LC meal planning and at a really great price.

I'm excited for your coming B'day party for your darlin' grandson. Hey, something I've been meaning to ask---Is GIGI an Italian nick name for grandmother? If not, how did you manage to wrangle such an adorably cute name for that position? LOL, my mama would be so on that if she had to do it over. She loved being a grammy, just didn't always love being called one---said it made her feel like she should have a gray haired bun, a cane and big old support shoes on. She eventually succumbed to all of that except the gray haired bun. NOPE. That was one step over the line Sweet Mary and she wasn't ever going there.

And man, wheeeeheew, some of your patient care is very sobering and really makes one count their blessings. I know it's very hard on you and I've got my fingers crossed for something better for you soon, but for right now, I'm glad these folks have you knocking at their door with some help.

Nic---And, I'm happy for you that for now you've settled on a new woe experiment. I know what it's like to just feel kind of all over the place w/the woe and how good it feels to settle into a plan again, at least for now.

You will surely evolve and tailor this plan to what works for you, but are you feeling good to be on a path again? When I came out of all of the chaos of last year and finally latched on to LC eating again, it just felt so good. Like coming home. Which is not to say it wasn't/isn't always challenging. But yeah, what Trig said so well, "missed a better me."

Lori---Your trip to Virginia Beach as described sounds like total heaven to me. Not a lick boring. Good coffee, good chats, Beach walks, one great restaurant on the ocean, and I would add a good book, and we're at "perfect zone" for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling about an inch better by the day. Yesterday I dragged myself out to a HH w/colleagues thing, and I'm glad I did. I was in sore need of engagement, which did my spirit good.

But energy is still low and was happy to have a cozy day at home again today. Cloudy and cool out, and hubby and I binge watched "The Last Czar" which was fascinating. I knew a lot of the history, but this was a combo documentary/drama thing and really sucked you in.

Yesterday at HH I went gonzo off plan. Not that I ate that much, but everything I ate was carb naughty. Couple of days like that in this last week, so today is an OMAD day. No carbs so far. Having sliced steak w/a Mama Lupe's LC cheese burrito w/sour cream and hot sauce. Yum.

I am going to try to do OMAD tomorrow as well, and then we'll see. Although my weight loss this summer has certainly not been fast and big, it has been very consistent, total of 9 pounds now. 3 more pounds and I'll be back to my second lowest LC low, where I maintained for a long time.

For me OMAD really seems to work. I can't do it every day, but if I can do it like I have been, 3 or 4 days a week, no schedule per say but as it works for me it seems to be getting me there.

What I DON'T want to do is let this icky long flu/virus lead me right off the wagon. Nope.
  #2323   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 04:11

BF:

Blue, getting better inch by inch hey you are on the mend but I know when you get nailed with that virus type thing the exhaustion just holds. Seems so long! Sounds like you are beating thru it all and doing well....only 3 to go to get off those lbs….that is great. Congrats.

A feeling of wellness....yea I am missing that. I know when I was down to the 180 area I felt SO wonderful. Now I got that laggy feeling back. ugh. Gotta go find the well me again

Lori you trip sounds absolutely wonderful. I don't do much touristy stuff on vacays. Now it is go and just relax. Absorb the good quiet easy way. Soak in the sights with the eyes without going hog wild doing it! Your trip sounds so fab, I know you guys will have a blast.

ahh, 2 up days to get it all handled. I get ya.

a pretzel place by you!! omg!! LOL just what you needed, right?

We are doing Helen Georgia on Oct. 21 cause kid has monday off from school and it is Octoberfest. I am ALREADY debating with myself to eat a pretzel from this place...sad huh? Months in advance I am already thinking about a pretzel and what to eat on a trip....I just shake my head over it all But being a little Bavarian type village you know the pretzels are to die for....but I think I will settle on one bite from hubby's pretzel when he gets one. The thought of eating a whole big delish pretzel is just not something I want to do.....see...see....months in advance and my mind is all over this pretzel HAHA heaven help me

Jazz you just keep making the plan that works best for you. That is what will win. Don't push into other things if you aren't ready. You got stress from your job and other things coming right at ya all the time, so an easy plan you are comfortable with is a good thing!

Oppressive heat. Yup same here. yesterday it was so hot and stagnant and that heat where ya can't breath well. AC is struggling here also just like you

Nicco I loved loved loved that shirt ya bought in Charleston. Glad you are enjoying it

What frozen meals are ya buying? I think I need to hit the frozen aisle again and see what is out there. I only really like one Atkins frozen meal and that one I can make at home easily...the crustless chicken pot pie. The others don't float my boat I haven't looked into other meals, so which ones do you think are more decent that you are eating? I need a few in the freezer for backup easy meals definitely.

Greg where ya at!!!!!

hi all
today is 90 and tomorrow, our hike day....drum roll....is 94.
it breaks like on Thurs down to around 84 I think.

for tomorrow in the worst 94 high, I think at 6:45 when kid hits the bus, hubby and I will leave almost immediately and hit a local trail just to hike a bit. I ain't doing another bigger walk in this heat. So if we get out and about before the sun gets too strong we should be ok. Hit local rail trail thru town. I don't remember the miles on it, maybe 3 or 3.5 and mostly an easy walk so I think that will be enough for tomorrow. 94 full sun, scaring me off trails right now. But we need to keep moving!

nothing much doing
had some diet pepsi and I am bloated beyond bloated feeling. icky
whatever ya know LOL

Today is 500 kcal day.
I think broth and my Zero Vitamin Water and alot of water thru the day and dinner just doing some chicken with broccoli and wet it down with some alfredo sauce and sprinkle parm cheese. That is a filler meal for me. That brocc. just plumps the tummy and I kinda don't like it anymore but I need to FILL the tummy a bit to make this work so back to a few veggies that do that for me. Do what I gotta do to make it.

up at 5:30. probably will be thru the school yr now. So quiet I love it. Then hubby gets up later and tv goes on and breaks the nice silence. ugh hate that. hate tv on in the morning time.

easy day
kid knee is improving alot so that is good
no one falling apart around here just yet so that is a good thing

just cruising along

great day all
  #2324   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 04:58

BF:

Good Morning!

We made Gabby sleep outside last night, so I actually got to sleep in until I was ready to get up......which was 6:15. Ahhh.......DH & I are going out for an early morning walk after I down this cup of coffee. First things first!

Blue....so glad you're feeling better. You are well and truly back on the LC wagon! 9 lbs down over the summer? That is fabulous in my book.

Trig....sorry the heat is still pressing on you. Our weather has been great the past couple weeks. In the 70's and sunny with a nice breeze most days. I'm just hoping the weather holds for VA Beach in a couple weeks. One year when we were there we left early because a hurricane was coming. I think it was Sandy.

Jaz....hope you get to enjoy your Sunday without work crap. Sounds like next weekend will be hectic to the max, but fun with the kids. Hope your Mom is on her best behavior.

Nic...I'm sure your weekend was busy. What do you hear from DS in Europe? What an adventure! When you go to visit him it will be so amazing to see how he's adapted to a "new" life. He'll show you around like a native!

------

Well, early morning walk and then not much else today. May strip the bed and wash sheets today. I'll make dinner for DH, but it's an egg day for me. I have to remember to drink lots of water today to flush out the carbs from yesterday. Way too many. Will weigh tomorrow morning after today's DD.

I'll pop back in later....now it's time to get DH moving for our walk before he goes out to breakfast with DS & DGS15.

Bye!
  #2325   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 07:11

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Sounds like you have stocked up real well for the upcoming week food wise. Yum!
So sweet about your DGS calling you up. Love it! I called my maternal grandmother GG. I think I want to be 'Grammy' when it's my time. My Dh wants to go with the traditional Grandpa.

What kind of road rage do you have? I have minor-scale road rage. I never tailgate or anything like that but I will yell at people in my car if they do something stupid. I actually consider it healthy and therapeutic! I don't go around yelling at people IRL so it is a good, safe way to vent a bit!

Lori- From what you wrote, you and your sis do a whole lot of walking on your trips to VA Beach. That's great!

Trig and Jaz- You guys are just getting NAILED with the heat down there, aren't you? That sucks! If it makes you feel any better we have a 90º and an 89º day coming up midweek.

Blue- Answering for Jaz- the Italian names for Grandma and Grandpa are Nonna and Nono. Dh's Dad is Nono and his Dad was Old Nono. They called DH's grandmother Nonne.

Funny how different grandparent names feel to different people. My stepmom is a Grammie and she is active, down to earth and healthy so I equate it with that. To me Grandmother sounds scary and stern, Grandma is sweet, plump and bakes cookies, Mimi is fun and hip (except my Mom is a Mimi so..) I have a friend who goes by Midgee and some people I have heard use Glamma which I think is silly. Meemaw is big in the South. I've also heard of Mom Mom- that is what one of my CASA families use.

Yep, feeling better having a direction for the time being and we'll see how it goes. I think it is helping with cravings/ feeling boxed in. Time will tell!

Losing 9 pounds this summer is really, really amazing. You are rocking this thing big time!

Trig- I am hoping to stop by Helen, GA on my way out of town in a couple of weeks. I will be totally peopled out for sure by the time I leave the Mountain House and some time wandering by myself will be just the ticket! I've read that it is nice/fun but also uber touristy so my guess is that a day would be enough!
That should be a beautiful time of year for you to visit though!

Frozen meals- let's see.. the one I had yesterday was by Lean Cuisine maybe? It was a bowl thing. I was freaking hungry yesterday and it was pretty darn tasty and actually held me quite well after I ate it. I can't remember what it was called though. I can go dig it out of the recycling if you really want to know!

Glad DD is doing well!

••••••••••

Sunday and Ravens game day today! First game of the regular season. Go Ravens!

Yesterday was the first 500 calorie day that felt like a struggle. I had a can of Progresso Light soup for my midday meal/snack and I didn't like it. But then I pretty much had to wait until later on to eat again to hold me through the rest of the day. For about an hour after the 'soup incident' I was feeling hungry and annoyed but then it moved on and I was good. I ate my frozen meal around 6 and it hit the spot and did the trick, and I was fine from then on.

Got in two shorter walks yesterday and came in at around 9K steps.

I'm thinking of having bbq from the local joint today for my main meal of my UP day. Sounds delish!! Other than that I'm not sure what else I'll have. I'll think on it.

I had a dream about my Dad last night that was very disconcerting. I don't have premonitions but I have had 'feelings' about things from time to time. I've been having a strong urge to visit him over the past couple of months but I think I'll email him and try to get something scheduled. I'm worried about him.

On a related topic, my SIL and BIL might have found a home for their family and the ILs. Fits the needs and the price range. Fingers crossed for them!

Last edited by niccofive : Sun, Sep-08-19 at 07:34.
Closed Thread