Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2281   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 06:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Have a good Fast day Trig! You will breeze thru it. I wish I would have tried a cup of broth yesterday when I was struggling. I had hot tea, but that did not cut it. Why did I not think of broth??? Doh!

Just back from a quick run to the grocery store. I got some good Kobe beef burgers and some of the hummus I've been craving. DD said she is making salmon today, so should be safe. If she can't cook it on the grill because of the rain, she said she'll make it in the oven. I can always default to the burgers I'm taking. I also got some cut up melon to take along.

Ok...next on the agenda is my massage. Had sausage & eggs for breakfast. I will eat some carbs today(pretzel shells & hummus), but as a rule I try to stay pretty low carb. I may take some Swiss cheese in the car to munch on during the hour or so drive.

Bye!
Sponsored Links
  #2282   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 09:01

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good morning ALL!!!

I am SO enjoying and quietly watching what goes down with TRIG's/ LORI'S new plan. I know I am not there yet! Maybe soon- not yet. I got to get a handle on sticking to a plan regardless. I have yet to get through a entire week in the last month that I haven't had a nibble here or there or a scoop of this or that and it ADDS up so quick!

Lori- enjoy your day! how smart to bring the meat you will eat! Good move!!!!! I am going to scroll back and grab that link of what you are doing. I am so busy I have not had time to look at it!

TRIG- All Trails- thanks I will def look it up! You know it's funny I did look at the tent option. I gave it some seriously thought. But the season is almost over so if I am still here for next summer I will revisit that idea.

I am so watching how you do on this plan. We tend to be so similar with how we eat. But I also know whatever you put your mind to you will get it done!

Glad the kiddo is feeling better!

Nic-- hey there- you having family in today? How is the hubby doing, any updates?

Blue- yes I has to check out the smiles section to find the hugger!!! HAHAHAH- Hope you are feeling better. I don't think you should be stressing your body out when you are sick. You just eat what you want! You listen to your body and just get better
--------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like everyone sorta doing their thing!!!!!!- I think we are all ready mentally for a new transition in both season and renew a new LC plan!
All good things!!!!

Yeah this weekend FLEW by- so not ready for it to end! Yeah- I love to suck the most out of the weekend as possible!

Back to being hot as hades here- no rain in my forecast for the next week. The hurricane will skirt up the coast.

Off to moms for a few hours- then home for the evening.

Oh- NIC- I watched Rocketman. Did you know that Elton John actually wrote the movie? It was his life story- it was painfully honest and in a way sad. I wish it would have gone on a little further. I would have like to see how he met the queen, met his partner, and his life now.
GOOD on him for sobriety for almost 34 years now.
Some people were never met to be parents. But I really get his songs now!

Ok all have a great one!
  #2283   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 17:47

BF:

Back- not an all day event! Ready to prop up my feet!

On plan Stan!!!!-

All good!

How is everyone?
  #2284   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 04:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast post
kid driving me batty

NOW her knee hurts more.
she is all annoyed and frustrated and I am calling this morning to get her into a knee Dr.

she can't bend back far
she can't straighten it out
can't put full weight on it

ALL learned this morning of course, couldn't be on ALL the days off she had for the long holiday weekend, all those days she was 'doing fine' according to her, cause my guess is, she didn't want to waste a day getting med help on her days off.....so this morning it is all about how bad her knee is....ugh ugh

I tell ya

Dr. opens at 8 am and OrthoCarolina is down the road a bit near the hospital so I will call and get her into an appt asap.

hubby and I doing our Greenway trail hike today
1 hr. drive...should be nice to get away a bit and wander
eating at the bbq place, gonna watch kcals, keep things in control

yesterday was good on 500 kcal day....probably ate around 550 or so....held well on it

NOW I HAVE to clean her brand new white sneaks she got cause she crapped them up messing around on the bleachers or something....omg she is ramped up and getting snarky...something else that couldn't been mentioned days ago.....oh wait, I have to clean her glasses first before the sneaks, my butt must get moving to get her out the door.....kill me ok

what a morning
  #2285   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 05:06

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Trig....sounds like you're getting a full dose of teen attitude this morning! Funny how the knee flared up on back to school day after the long weekend. Seriously, hope the knee is just something that will take some time....best to have it checked out. Have fun on that hike today......and make sure you eat well after your fast day!

Jaz...hope your week is not too stressful. At least it's a short one!

Blue & Nic.......

Today is another eating day for me so I can get back on my Mon, Wed, Fri schedule. Yesterday at our daughter's I ate too many pretzels and hummus, but did well otherwise. Scale is up a bit, of course, but will go back down.

I got up late and only have a short time to wake up before Yoga. Haircut at Noon.....getting this long pixie cut into a shorter pixie. I'm sick of the side bang hanging in my eyes....ugh.

Gotta run!
  #2286   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 06:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Whoo boy sounds like the kid was not too eager to be headed back to school today! I'd be making that appointment for after school hours since she was doing okay all of the holiday weekend. No reason to rush it now.

Have a wonderful hike! I'm glad your DH is going with you.

(I'm reading backwards) - sounds like your 500 kcal day went well! That's excellent. I'm making my first attempt at that today, I think.

Jaz- Glad you got to see Rocket Man. We really liked it too. Not written by Elton John though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocketman_(film) Maybe you are thinking of the song?

Sounds like you survived your visit with your Mom. I hope it was more good than bad.

What does your work week look like?

Lori- Enjoy your haircut! It always feels so good the first few days after a haircut when your hair does exactly what you want it to.

Congrats on cracking into a new decade! That is wonderful!

Blue- So sorry that you have been so sick but glad that you realize now that you will indeed live. We could not go on without you! Seriously, sounds like a crappy flu bug indeed. At least you have two pounds down for solace. Hugs!

••••••

Good long weekend here and now the first day of school has arrived. Last first day for my boy. I did get a first day of school pic of him AND my DS20 sent me a first day of Jr year pic from Amsterdam! How sweet is that??

DS17 got out a bit late today. We'll see if he scores a tardy on his first day back or not. He also wants to meet with the guidance counselor today about reworking his schedule. He seemed surprised about what he is taking last night.. um- how? He has had his schedule for over a month and I've showed it to him and discussed it with him. Head in the clouds..!

Saturday night we went to a Greek restaurant, did I tell you guys that? I might have. DD, SoIL, DS17, Dh and I. It was okay but we won't go back. It was new and we wanted to try it. Sunday was the party and it was fun. Bluegrass band and barbecue. Monday we mostly just hung out, DH and I went to BWW and then DD and SoIL came over the share the top tier of their wedding cake with us and DS17 -- it was their first wedding anniversary yesterday! So yeah I'd say a very good weekend!

Slow week this week- MoW for me (crap! I just realized it is Tuesday! I would have missed it!) and a CASA visit are the only things on the calendar thus far. Plus I think I might meet up this week or next with my 'old' CASA family. No work no tap this week unless someone calls out or something.

DS20 shared his weekend travel plans with me over the phone this weekend. Starting with this upcoming weekend, he and GF will be going to (one place each weekend): Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, Munich, London and Greece. Pretty cool!

Have a good day!
  #2287   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 07:21

BF:

Good Morning all

Lori- so you are doing the 500 cal or less too? Do you just count calories and not carbs
I guess I should listen to that link you sent- rather lazy togo back and look at it! I have had a BUSY 4 days off!

I know if anyone can pull off that pixie cut it is you!!!!- Very cute! You could even go blondie blond! I love playing with hair color. I am glad you are getting into your yoga. Is it a class or a gym with classes?
So what are you eating today?

TRIG-- HAHAHA- Sorry I should not laugh at the terrible "teens" years- but I swear they go to bed one night somewhere in the 13th year and wake up with something that over took your kid. They stay that way a few years!!!
My son didn't go through it as much as my DD did.
But hey it doesn't last forever! But sometimes the snarky comes out. Oh and just in case you didn't know the orbit of the universe also revolves around them!!!!!

Enjoy your hike- that is great!
Then you have BBQ waiting on you? Perfect day!!!!

Hope NIC you had a great weekend!!!!!
Blue are you feeling better?
-----------------------------------
Urghhhhhh feels like a Monday- So glad it is a short week.

So I just happen to be double checking my schedule for today. I have a 1:1 2 hour meeting with my manager today! I found out last week she is on a plan of corrective action plan for not taking time with her staff.
Good news- My only 2 patients I had for today BOTH cancelled. One had family in, the other was going to the dentist!!!!
They ask for volunteers to go into the city and help the nursing home team check on members they were brought in from Savannah.

I did not volunteer- I have to be in the city the next 2 days. Besides which I am not doing anything extra anymore. New boundaries. My job and that's it. Only what is ask of me. I just don't give a flying rip anymore.

I am meeting someone at 5. New guy- I know this one will show up. Last attempted date was a no show. This guy just texted me twice he is super excited, he says. We are meeting at a local new brewery that just opened. I am looking forward to it! I need to drag Lori with me as he is a golf buff!

I guess I should wash my hair today!

Today is going to be hotter than hot again for the next week- all in the 90's again! So what to wear....... A skirt for sure..... top, and sandals- bouncy hair and a smile (the best part of the outfit!) - good to go.
Sometimes I get nervous before a date. Most times not. But every now and again. I am a bit so on this one. I will be ok the second I sit down and start chatting him up!

I am going to do my nails and toe nails! - I am not sure if this is just a drink and meet and greet or dinner. Hummmmmmm
I will have some tuna before I go. I bought some Ablcore and fresh mayo and dill pickles- I never get tired of it so far!

Ok- all enjoy your day!
  #2288   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 07:27

BF:

NIC- We cross posted! Your weekend sounds wonderful!!!!- It has been a year for your DD!!!! Wow!!!!

YEAH!!!!!- for good family time!!!!
  #2289   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 08:32

BF:

Nic....fun weekend! Hard to believe it's been a year since your DD's wedding. Man...time flies!

Jaz...good luck with that meeting today. Stand your ground! Glad your other appts cancelled.

You asked what I'm eating today. Well, today is an eating day so I can get back on my preferred schedule of Mon, Wed, Fri "diet" days. My goal for eating days is to stay fairly low carb, but will allow a few. Learning to eat good meals in moderation on my normal eating days.

My Yoga class is at my gym. We have a big room with a mirrored wall...it is nice.

On my "diet" day tomorrow, I'll remember to drink more water and have some bone broth for lunch.

We didn't end up cooking the burgers I took to DD's yesterday, so we're having them tonight. I may put some of my yummy hummus on my bunless burger....how bad could that be??

Bye!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Sep-03-19 at 08:45.
  #2290   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 17:07

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals and pals.

Pin (me) meet bowling ball (flu). Heh, I am like one of those cartoon characters that a car runs over and you see them totally flattened to the ground. I have skimmed past posts, had lots to catch up with. Will do best I can w/personals.

Trig---Actually, hubby flew back home on the big germ incubator in the sky over a week ago and brought this bug home to us. We have BOTH been sick. Gads bads. Of course we both have our individual styles of being sick, and of course we don't agree on them, and here we are, trapped together.

LOVE that you're hiking again and the Pork chop is joining you. At least to start with. You were doing so well w/this, was it last year? Also I think trying Lori's program is another great idea. IMO, experiments w/our woes are what makes things interesting, and I agree this is something you can can handle pretty well as far as down days. The Up days will be fine for you if you just make them LC hog wilders for the better part.

Lori---Yeah, and good on you girl for keeping on keeping on w/this new plan. You have a good attitude about it. if it's 600 on a down day, big deal, that's still a mote of food, LOL, and you can always balance by doing a slightly smaller Up day. AND you're getting results. Congrats on the "new decade." Isn't that just the best feeling?

Jaz---Fingers crossed for your date which you should be on as I type! Just a nice time and a nice guy would be great, doesn't have to be prince charming right out of the gate. Long time since I've been on a date, but I still remember if it was a first date I would be nervous...but that's OK, kinda puts you on your toes. Do tell how it went.

Nic---OK, first of all, as sick as I was, you squeezed the only giggles in me right out of me w/that story of you getting caught up in a melee of walkers w/your pretzel back. Hahahahahahaha--Quasiimodo-Nicco and the Senior Express!

Chaffles huh? Hadn't heard of those yet so did some googling. Do you do yours w/just cheese and egg? Found one made w/a bit of Almond flour that looked like it might not taste like every other cheese and egg fake for some carby food. Also kind of like the idea of being able to flavor them as you choose.

You seemed just meh on them. I do like the idea of the texture of a waffle type "bread" and they sure have some nifty little ones. Hmmmmm. Is this another zoodler sort of appliance I will use twice and then nevermore, nevermore? That is the question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yikes. This flu has deep claws. One week now and while the extreme symptoms have disappeared I am now in the phase of the night cough that makes it hard to sleep, so I'm downing the over the counter meds that put you out---BUT make you feel like crap in the am. Now my tummy is upset, I'm bloaty from the meds, but I GOTTA SLEEP.

No, haven't gone to UC because I know what they'll say. Been down this road before, although not for a blessedly long time, (which I kind of attribute to LC eating as there was a time I used to get one of these every year it seemed.)

A flu is a virus, and the average life of a virus is 10 days, give or take. I'm a couple days from that. What you have to watch for is chest congestion that turns into bronchitis or a bacterial infection, at which point they'll give you antibiotics. Until then, it's a "run its course" kind of thing.

Right now it's a category 2-3 flu which results mostly in a feeling of ZERO energy and the ability to sleep more than a teenager!

Thru all this I've had one treat night, but it kind of fizzled as I couldn't taste much so I stopped eating it early. Trying again tonight, I need some cheap joy, LOL. Picked up some frozen White Castle cheese burgers, and yes thus is my confession. A gal driven over the edge by sharing the flu w/her hubby. Some things should not be shared.
  #2291   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 04:30

BF:

Good Morning!

It's going to be a long day with not much to eat. :-( I hate it when I get up early on a "diet" day. Darn cat!

Before bed last night I sprayed oven cleaner in my oven, so at 4:30 this morning I was scrubbing it. I'm not after spotless, but it was way beyond needing done. With my bad arm, I cannot reach all areas, so DH will do it after his 1/2 work day is done. Fun day for me....oven cleaning and laundry...woohoo!

I should get out for a run/walk today too...we'll see. Right now I'm feeling sleepy. All liquids for me until dinner tonight and then I'm not sure what I'm cooking. Green Chef comes today, so probably something from that shipment.

Blue.....glad you're feeling a bit better. Hope DH is as well.

Ok...I need more coffee. It's going to be a long day.
  #2292   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 04:48

BF:

Good Morning
BLUE
- ahhhwwwwww- you aren't into sharing the flu with your hubby? OMG at least it isn't the stomach flu- I have severe vomit phobia!!!! I know you feel like crap!!!!!- I'm just glad you are posting a bit! Means you are over the hump and you can only get better right???

When you are that sick calories don't count! LOLOLOL- I will keep fingers crossed that it runs it's course and that is the end of that!
Are you coughing up "junk"? That is when you know it might be time for UC!!!!
Juju your way!!!!!!!

TRIG- speaking of not feeling well. How is the kiddo's knee? Is she liking school? Like you I am finding it "weird" that all weekend she was fine- then school day and boom! Delayed pain I guess!! so what is the plan with that? Did she get an X-ray?
Did you get your hike in?
How did your "down" day go? You were smart to toss in bone broth in the mix- it has protein and does take the edge off!!!!

LORI
- I was wondering where your yoga class was located. I know that Yoga studios are super $$$$. I did HOT yoga a few years ago and HATED it. I guess it didn't help that I jump right into a trained class- thinking how hard can YOGA be? - It is HARD!!!- I didn't know any of the poses! I should have taken a beginners class, but no!!!!
HAHAHAHAH
I know you like it though- it is GREAT for flexibility!!!! I wanna find a You Tube stretching video. I can start with that!

[B]NIC[/
B]- Are you recovered from your BUSY weekend? Everybody should be back to doing their own thing! Nice to have some you time I am sure!! How is your WOE doing? Are you going to try the up/down days?
-----------------------------------------
Sipping my coffee.....My day today will make up for my 'lite" day yesterday. I will be traveling to see 4 patients with an hour travel between them all! URGHHHH- At least it is not raining here! - Sun and still hot even though the hurricane is skirting our coast line.

I feel bad looking at what it did to the Bahamas- total devastation. It is going to be years to put it back! But I know that everyone wants it back! Tourism is huge there! Heard Disney has donated already! Of course the cruise ships would!!!!- It would kill that business!!!
Super sad- To think of all those homes just gone.

Date- Meh......not my type. I like someone who laughs. This guy has the humor of a rock. I made several jokes- then had to explain it was a joke- and I got just a BLANK stare back.
Then he wanted to talk about how much of a b!t*h his ex-wife is- Hummmmmm he has been divorced now for 6 years. Can someone say anger management? I am not into angry people. NEXT PLEASE.

I am READY for the WEEKEND!!!!!!!- HAHAHAHAH- I tell ya- I love my weekends!

My manager really forced my hand about the holidays. I had to make a decision yesterday about which one I wanted to take. So I picked Christmas. Apparently they don't want me and the only other RN off at the same time? We are in different areas anyway! Oh well- I guess they are thinking longer term about me than I am!
I am hopeful I will be somewhere else by then!

But ya know- seriously we are just a season away from the holidays! For me as soon as Halloween is over the Holidays are in full swing!
Speaking of holidays- my grandson is having a birthday party not this weekend, but the following weekend. My DD and family are going to stay with my mother. (that is shocking)- the cousins are all coming and I said I would help with the party. I am sure she will attempt to be on her best behavior (mom).

Sighhhhhhhhhhh time to get this day done!
Not sure about food today- It will be LC
I am sorta wanting a really good salad.

Gotta run
  #2293   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 05:31

BF:

Lori I am a 500 kcal day today! Me and you can commiserate on it Luckily I am finding it easy since I kinda got trained a bit on the fasting days I was doing...but for me I find I want to eat earlier in the day....like around 3-4 and that is too early. Once I start to eat I want to eat, so it makes for a long evening in the day I have no food and I get irked on that....so best I hold off til around 6-7 pm to eat.

Don't forget sipping some broth if ya go mad a bit It is super low cal, won't effect your eating day meal time so if ya need it, have it. I find a big cup of beef broth really does hold me so long which is a great thing.

Nicco, DS20 hitting all those places is more than cool in my eyes
It is just a wonderful life adventure! He is so fortunate he is having this in his life....I sure wish I did when younger Just a great way to make a good well rounded adult, seeing other cultures and more! super duper cool

yea I called Ortho place and got a cancellation for 10 this morning, I jumped on it cause it would be a bit to get into that place. Lucky kid has today off....10 is like why bother going to school cause then I just gotta get her, and she probably won't go back in later cause by the time we are done, it is like why bother with the few hrs left....again, lucky kid on this one HAHA

Head in the clouds....had that schedule forever and now it is a surprise...I so get it. My kid to a T I swear I was never as bad as my kid but my mom tells me I was HAHA

Jaz....it seems you do get a lot of cancellations, actually to me that would be a good thing, nothing wrong with a break from work when the patients do it for ya And I wouldn't volunteer for a darn thing either....you are giving your recommended job as hired, keep the rest of this life for you and your time. When a company deserves your extra time and value, then you make that decision to go above and beyond, this company sure doesn't deserve nothing more from ya!!

Woe on the date....yea I need some humor and light heartedness also...he sounds so boring, if he is that bad on a date, can ya imagine down the line what a bore he would be? and ex wife chat is a big red flag after 6 yrs...ugh

Blue, yea the virus just holds on til it wants to leave on its own Best you can do is nothing truly which is a good thing, you are exhausted and need sleep and rest. the hacking while trying to sleep is one of the most miserable parts of being sick like that.....but it will go on its way and you will come out of it ok I am sure sorry you feel cruddy tho….it seems to drag on forever til one morn you wake up in the OK zone!

omg when I go thru frozen in the grocery and I catch an eye on the White Castle frozen burgers I instantly think of you and smile!!!!

Greg, time to post again, I want to know how you are doing, good I bet!!

hey all
got Ortho Dr cancellation for kid today at 10 so I grabbed it.
faster we get there, faster she can get healed up I guess xray and all that today? will see in a bit here on what goes down

Nice thing is kid is out of gym right now and she is loving that mess

Eat day yesterday was good. I had to control me. I kept thinking of what I read....eat whatever ya want on an Eat Day and my mind was on every bit of junk I could think of....pizza and ice cream taking center stage but I didn't go there....I can't.

So hike day was fab.
Nice trails but shorter than I thought I read on the ALL TRAILS report. Only 3.8 miles...I thought 4.8.....omg we walked it SO fast. It wasn't enough ya know. Felt like I had another few big miles in there But nice trail along Silver Creek River. Low hill grades. Paved. Not many people but all those who were there had dogs with them Few bikers came thru but not bad.

Best part....turning a bend there was a big sign near the river. Mining Use with some rules. History about gold in Silver Creek....you can pan for gold but no sluices etc.....omg, metal detector and my pans and I am going back. Darn right I am The fork of the little river coming into the big river was 'not scary' ya know, very open, water seemed clean, didn't look snakey, more open to pan for gold so heck yea I am going back soon and doing it....if I could get a few flakes of gold I am all in....this kinda stuff floats my boat!!!

Sad tho hike went so fast. I need more mt. type climbing trails. This trail held like no challenge but it was a great way to start a hike season for me and hubby. Plus he got his BBQ place.

Judge's BBQ was nice. I got salad bar and chicken tenders. When the appetizer tenders came they were huge....in a tempura type batter so it was very easy to peel off....I cut up 2 monster tenders and put on my salad. The other 3 big ones came home for kid with a side of the homemade chips we ordered for her. Hubby got combo...ribs, pulled pork, smoked chicken, homemade Judge chips (OMG I was crying to eat them but didn't cause it would just be torture to eat one I think) and baked beans and hushpuppies. OMG he said he loved hiking with me if I could make the end of each hike like this

So thru the day I had my chicken and salad, later I had a small handful of peanuts cause I could??? I shouldn't tho LOL and then for dinner I had 2 thin cut pork chops with Cajun seasoning and then I got hungry! yea....so I had 1/2 an Atkins chocolate protein shake and that filled me up enough to make me happy. I have to watch when I eat...more I eat the more I want. I know me, tight control here while I see if a EAT and 500 kcal day will work.

Hubby chatted a bit but dang if he ain't too damn quiet ya know. He said I talk too much, I said he never talks at all....no common ground on this one LOL ugh....but I said your turn to talk and he said he couldn't, he was focusing on breathing!~ huh, he wasn't breathing hard, I think he used it as an excuse cause if he chats hunting I mostly shut him down cause I have 0 interest or he talks mechanics on his ATV....well ya know what, I guess he does have nothing to say to me kinda

Today is 500 kcal day

after Dr appt will run kid to McDs cause it is close by to this place.
I will come home and have my beef broth to hold me.

Dinner will be like 2-3 ounces of sauteed chicken breast
a big handful of broccoli
a 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce to wet it all down
few hits of parm cheese

will come in around 500 and fill me up.......I noticed I am thinking more about 'dieting food' vs. my zero carb. My meats are heavy hitters in kcals but my 'diet meals' like little meat and veg for filler, add some saucy taste and I can control kcals but be delish. So my brain is in 'low kcal diet meals' I used to eat on my old time LA WeightLoss plan...it controlled carbs very tightly so that was good.

nothing much more....off to shower and all that, great day to all
  #2294   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 06:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, neighbors!

Jaz- Sounds like the guy was not a good match. Like you say: NEXT!

So the main takeaway from your meeting with your manager was that you need to work a major holiday? Did she have anything else to say about how things are going?

Blue- Awww, hugs to you and the DH both. I'm so sorry you both got flattened.
DS17 did some shopping at Aldi yesterday and came home with a box of White Castles. He loves them! I think they are good too, frankly.

Chaffle: I have only done the egg and cheese. I already have a waffle iron, one of the big Belgian waffle double ones, and I just have been using it. Not sure that I would do it enough to buy a separate one but that little Dash people are using sure is cute. It is so tiny!

Lori- OMG cleaning your oven at 4:30 in the morning!!! Girl, it is a good thing I met you here first so I could get to like you bc I probably would have written you off with that!

Trig- Probably better for your DH that the first hike was an easy one and then he was well fed, ya know? Ups the chance that he will go again with you!

LOL over him not talking.. that would be me too, probably!

Good luck to your DD on her appointment! I can't believe they already have a day off from school. So they were off Monday, went Tuesday and off Wednesday? Why in the world are they off? Hurricane?

••••••

DS17 is alternating between being sweet and being a snarky little pissant as he adjusts back to school. No doubt he is also staying up too late. Grrrr. This too will pass and if not, one more year!

He does think he will sort of like his photography and videography classes so that's good, anyway, and he said he decided to keep AP Comp Sci. I don't really care either way on that one.

Had my first DD yesterday and it went well! I had a half portion of my collagen coffee about 10:30-12:30, then a can of Progresso Light soup at 1 for around 140 cals- I added a little water to stretch it a bit. At 4:30 I had an LC tuna wrap: 1 tsp ranch dressing on an LC tortilla with iceberg, a couple of slices of tomato and a pouch of smoked tuna fish. That was pretty filling and tasted okay. Around 160 cals for that. Finished off with a 20 calorie diet chai around 5:30. I think I ended up somewhere in the 400s.

No real plan on what to eat today. Probably just low carbing it in general. What I missed the most about a DD was just the lack of fats. Fats will decimate calorie counts in a heartbeat!

Seeing my 'old' CASA family some time today. I guess she just turned 4? Wow! She doesn't have preschool today so I will get to see her. I bet she is a fast talking sassy pants now!

Last hot day for us for a while- it will be around 90 but then the temps look to drop (high of 75 tomorrow) and stay at 70s-low 80s. Yay!
  #2295   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 06:49

BF:

Nicco….not a day off from school cause it is off.....I let her off today for her Dr appt

I hear ya on yours being snarky and off....school kinda put kiddo off cause of lack of sleep here also.....she swears she can handle 11 and get up at 5....yea right....I am forcing a shut down at 10:30.....I start at 10 telling her to get ready for bed and we battle and she whines for 1/2 hr mostly....ugh

you got a short leash to handle, I now got the years to handle it all HAHA

I also miss fat big time on 'diet meals'

so that is why I choose sauces and garlic butter over some very low cal food cause it helps me a lot to get that fatty taste I desire.

I got out some of my old LA Weightloss 'diet low kcal meal plans' I used to eat....omg. But ya know I lost 70 lbs doing it, but I also starved to freaking death.

I think my minds says if I do '500 kcals' one day ONLY and eat well the next day then….I should be able to handle this long term. It is the low diet meals every day that I couldn't handle in life....should be interesting

your food sounds good for yesterday but at 400 kcals....you have an option to eat 100 more don't be skimpy kinda.
Closed Thread