Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 13:58

Plan: 30 or less daily
Stats: 232.2/214.4/169 Female 68
BF:[url=http://www.Ti
Progress: 28%
Default Mock Cupcake pics and recipe

Okay anyone who might be interested in my new creation you can find both pics and the recipe in my gallery. I finally figured out how to upload and thought these looked better than any pic of me! lol

By the way, I baked these in the silicone oven pans!

ORIGINAL MOCK DANISH RECIPE

2 oz. cream cheese (put in microwave 15 seconds to soften)
1 egg (whisk together with cream cheese)
Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. lemon juice and 1 TBSP. splenda
Stir all together and bake in microwave 3 minutes.

MOCK CUPCAKE RECIPE

Make up mock danish recipe. Add cocoa to batter. Bake in microwave 3 minutes then let set roughly 5 minutes. Place back in microwave and cook 30 seconds longer or 1 extra minute for doubled batter. This draws out the excess moisture and makes them more like cake. For variety, I dropped one of the LC Russell Stover candies in the middle before cooking. These are also good using other flavors or just plain and spreading butter over them. Handy to take with you! In the pic I made 2 out of each batter. Tl. carbs each 2.25 for the mini ones and 4.5 for full size, I sprinkled a little cocoa powder over them for garnish and to really pretty them up I might put a dab of whipped cream in the middle with a dust of cocoa powder over it!

Last edited by Rosebud : Sun, Dec-15-13 at 18:33. Reason: To add the recipe...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 14:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/182/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissie_12
Okay anyone who might be interested in my new creation you can find both pics and the recipe in my gallery. I finally figured out how to upload and thought these looked better than any pic of me! lol

By the way, I baked these in the silicone oven pans!

The picture looks really yummy but I couldn't find the recipe. Could you possibly post it in your journal or mine?

Deb
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 14:03

hmm should be in there! Sorry bout that. Let me go back and pull it up and paste in both your journal and here as well.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 14:06

MOCK CUPCAKE RECIPE

Make up mock danish recipe. Add cocoa to batter. Bake in microwave 3 minutes then let set roughly 5 minutes. Place back in microwave and cook 30 seconds longer or 1 extra minute for doubled batter. This draws out the excess moisture and makes them more like cake. For variety, I dropped one of the LC Russell Stover candies in the middle before cooking. These are also good using other flavors or just plain and spreading butter over them. Handy to take with you! In the pic I made 2 out of each batter. Tl. carbs each 2.25 for the mini ones and 4.5 for full size, I sprinkled a little cocoa powder over them for garnish and to really pretty them up I might put a dab of whipped cream in the middle with a dust of cocoa powder over it!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 19:01

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Wow........they look great, Cissie!! I looked for the silicone muffin trays at work but we only had the mini-ones for $18.99. I wasn't paying that much money for a muffin tray.......lol. I will look around somemore and will DEFINITELY be trying that recipe.

Patty

P.S. Did you bake them on high power in the microwave like you do a regular mock danish?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 20:54

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissie_12

MOCK CUPCAKE RECIPE

How much cocoa powder do you add to the batter before you bake it? If left to my own devices, I'm sure I'd add far too much.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 21:44

My microwave doesn't have a power control but I'd assume it's a high power one since it's new and came with our home which was built pnly 6 months ago. You know I bet you could just use the paper cupcake holders.

As for the cocoa, I just added till the batter was light coco colored. Sorry, I didn't measure. lol Just keep in mind the more you add the less sweet they will be since the cocoa powder is bitter. Now if you add the candy in the middle you will get the extra chocolate effect!

By the way, when dh came home from work I handed him one of these to try. He was talking to him Mom on the phone when he
bit into it and instantly said "WOW this is really good"! lol Guess it's a hit with him. This man loves cake and loves chocolate...