Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 19:16

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%
Default May 2012 Victoria get-together

There is a small group of us here in Victoria who like to get together every month or two for a low carb dinner and general support and camaraderie. Lately, most of our arrangements have been made on Facebook, but that leaves out anyone who is new, so I thought i'd post here to let you know that we're hoping for a supper of low-carb wingsat Redd's RoadHouse one Wednesday evening this month. If there's anyone who would like to join us, please speak up here. We try to arrange the actual evening for a time when most of us are available!

Newcomers always welcome, and we're all at various stages of success towards our goals, so if you're just starting, or if you've backslid, you're not alone!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 23:41

BF:

Just posting again to bring this thread to the top. I forgot to include May 2012 in the title -- darn!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-08-12, 17:35

BF:

Another update -- We've settled on Wed. May 16th at 5:30, Redd's Road House at the Comfort Hotel on Blanshard near Mayfair Mall. Ribs are the Wed. special at 1 lb. for $5 and the chef is engaged to one of us so is quite well aware of low-carbing requirements. Lots of free parking in the hotel lot.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-09-12, 20:30

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Ribs? I thought we were going to have wings!
But never mind, I like both.
See you there, Glenda.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-09-12, 21:57

BF:

OOps, thanks Danielle -- you're absolutely right! It's WINGS that are $5 per pound, not ribs. And there's no requirement to have either wings or ribs -- anything on the menu that turns your crank. Some days I love wings, other days not so much. We'll see what kind of day next Wednesady is!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-09-12, 22:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/219/145 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 45%

Wednesday isn't a good day for me but if you ever plan a night out on a Monday I'm in! Would be lovely to meet with a group of likeminded folks. How many of you are there?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-09-12, 22:53

BF:

We're usually pretty flexible! At the moment, there seem to be 7 of us, you'd make #8 but it's very rare that we can all get a free evening at the same time. We try, and usually we can manage 4 or 5 of us. Sometimes a weekend lunch is easier to arrange. We'd love to have you join us, so we'll have to see what we can arrange!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 20:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/219/145 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 45%

Did you all have a good time last night? How many people came to dinner?

Would you mind if I asked a little bit about you all? I'm 47 and a mother of three. I work full time (and then some!) in health care. Low carbed in the past with tremendous success (125 lb loss in 12 months) and kept it off for a couple of years but regretably gained it all back plus more. This time it's for good
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 21:06

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hi lc! It was a lot of fun last night. We were five.
I am Danielle, 64, I have two daughters and one granddaughter, and I just moved to Victoria from Vancouver. This is such a beautiful little city, I really like it. I am retired and totally flexible on the time and day for our meetings. I am hoping to discover a wide variety of restaurants with this group. Hope to meet you soon.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 23:46

BF:

Hi lc4 -- I'm the old lady of the group! 11 years older than Danielle, 1 son & 1 daughter, both married but childless although DS has 2 step-daughters with 5 children between them, so I lay claim to 5 great-grands! I've lived in Victoria since the mid-1970's from the greater-Vancouver area where DH and I both grew up.The rest have varying backgrounds.

One of our ladies posted pictures on facebook - I'll snag some of them and try to figure out how to post them on here, otherwise I'll link to them.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-18-12, 16:02

BF:

I just posted a few of our pictures in my gallery -- I think they're pretty good of all of us. Jude and Erika were missing this time -- sure hope they can make it next time and I really hope you can too lc4good!

One of the pictures is from 2010, but the others are all from Wednesday's get-together.