Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 18:08

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Angry I couldn't believe my eyes !

I couldn't believe my eyes ! I was at a conference in Chicago for a couple of days this week and the usual free "continental breakfast" was advertised as one of the "perks" Ya right . So I got up early on Monday to hit the restaurant and have an omelet before the meeting. Tuesday morning I didn't have time, so I had an shake and a few nuts in my room and went down to the meeting. Went to get a cup of coffee and low and behold, there was a big bowl of hard boiled eggs on the buffet table !!!! I wonder who's idea that was ! I got some pretty funny looks though over my unabashed joy at finding hard boiled eggs. Lcing is surely but slowly creeping in. We had a buffet supper Monday evening and I randomly chose a table to sit at ( with my steak and shrimp and salad ) and the woman sitting across from we was also LCing. They had some cute looking pastries, but I passed.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 18:17

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I had a continental breakfast at a Cedar Point Motel this weekend. Actually I had to sit thru it with my first son, he ate 2 donuts ,one muffin ,and half bagel , then I woke my other son up and had to do it again. When he didnt like his custard donut,it sat for awhile then guess who ate it? Yep,me. I couldnt stand to see it go to waste. It was too much for me. Dh wouldnt get up and I was hungry .I don't think the standard continental breakfast will change at the dumps I stay at , but I am glad they had hard boiled eggs for you . That would be too much for the cheap motel to do, it is much easier putting the box of donuts and bagels out ,than to actually have to cook an egg.
Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 18:29

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I think eggs are cheaper than donuts... lol hmmm...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 18:31

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I guess the difference at an organized conference is that the menu is picked by the conference organizers, in this case the firm I work for, and not the hotel. It probably did help that it was a Westin though .
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 18:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Every time I go to a hotel/motel with a Breakfast Included feature, I make a point of saying "but I can't eat wheat - do you have anything else?" If it doesn't help me then, it may eventually help other LCers. And the more of us saying it, the sooner it will happen.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 19:39
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

In August, I stayed at a budget motel, and along with the sugar was a tray of hard-boiled eggs as well...but MY problem was making hard boiled eggs go DOWN at 7 am......<shudder>
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 20:02

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hooorrrrraaayyyy!
Finally!

I am so tired of all the breakfast events being catered with pasteries and fruit!!
M-
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 20:38
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Well, I stayed at a pretty nice hotel this weekend, we didn't have a continental breakfast, but they did give us free breakfast at one of the restaurants in the hotel. Since we were in a hurry (running a tournament) we opted for the breakfast bar and I had melon, scrambled eggs and bacon... yum. Glad I didn't have to worry with being stuck with stickybuns (aptly named, cause that's right where they go, you know?) or doughnuts.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 21:39

Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

BTW Risha your daughter is gorgeous!!

I go to business breakfasts all the time, this morning went to a lovely one w. organic ham & eggs & rocket - on a bagel of course, these people can't conceive of breakfast without carbs - but it wasn't a particularly nice looking bagel so it didn't tempt me!!!

However yesterday morning went to a brekky function, was expecting the mandatory eggs benedict & bacon, and instead there were platters on the tables with very few lc options. Not happy Jan. Left there starving and my colleague was saying, 'but there was PLENTY of food!!' Yeah, right.

I find that if you tell restaurants/hotels etc that you're ALLERGIC to wheat & potatoes they jump thru hoops to provide alternative options for you...the last thing they want is causing an allergic reaction in you, for fear of being sued. And if anyone asks me what happens if I eat wheat, I just tell them I get fat!!!!

Anyways, I agree that this WOE is becoming more accepted, when I first started I was bombarded with people showing me the food pyramid with the big fat "CARBS" section, saying 'you NEEEEEEEEED CARBOHYDRATES!!!' (LOL when I challenged them by asking "WHY do I need carbohydrates?" they couldn't tell me other than 'it's on the food pyramid' rofl). However nowadays it is in the media so much more and it seems to becoming more & more accepted & well-known. Maybe cause of Hollywood people!!!

Anyways that is my ramble!!!

Katt