Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Does losing 250 pounds make me a success story?

View Article Article tools
  #46   ^
Old Sun, May-05-19, 02:34

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Awesome story!

Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-19, 23:56
Registered Member

Plan: LC + Noom
Stats: 200/190/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

♥️ inspiring post ♥️
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-21, 13:39
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Starting my 8th year of the LCHF/Keto Lifestyle

To add a footnote to my story... I'm still living the LCHF/Keto lifestyle. Today I celebrate my 7th Keto anniversary - 2/3/14 to 2/3/21. I have not kept all of the pounds off, but I am still healthy and living an active life.

I'm working to resolve the weight creep issue that has been going on since reaching goal a few years ago. These days staying Keto is easy, but I can still overeat good, healthy, fatty food. I have to pay attention to what and how much I eat. In 2020 I didn't pay very good attention. As a result I put on 25 pounds. In my 8th year of Keto I will be paying more attention to my diet. It's time to reverse the trend upward on the scale.

BTW: T2 diabetes is still in remission. Every A1c that I've had since 2015 has been in the low 5's. I have been off of all prescription drugs since 2015 as well.

Last edited by khrussva : Thu, Feb-04-21 at 08:59.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-21, 08:41

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

These are all stellar accomplishments. I, too, put on what I call the COVID-15, but I'm back on the best horse again
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-21, 14:44

Plan: Very low carb
Stats: 218/205.4/158 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
To add a footnote to my story... I'm still living the LCHF/Keto lifestyle. Today I celebrate my 7th Keto anniversary - 2/3/14 to 2/3/21. I have not kept all of the pounds off, but I am still healthy and living an active life.

I'm working to resolve the weight creep issue that has been going on since reaching goal a few years ago. These days staying Keto is easy, but I can still overeat good, healthy, fatty food. I have to pay attention to what and how much I eat. In 2020 I didn't pay very good attention. As a result I put on 25 pounds. In my 8th year of Keto I will be paying more attention to my diet. It's time to reverse the trend upward on the scale.

BTW: T2 diabetes is still in remission. Every A1c that I've had since 2015 has been in the low 5's. I have been off of all prescription drugs since 2015 as well.

I have read your story and many of your posts many times. I admire your continued success maintaining such a significant weight loss for such a long period of time. The fact that you have had a small regain doesn't take away anything from your success in my view. I hope one day I can figure out weight loss and maintenance as effectively as you have!!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-21, 15:36
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl2
I have read your story and many of your posts many times. I admire your continued success maintaining such a significant weight loss for such a long period of time. The fact that you have had a small regain doesn't take away anything from your success in my view. I hope one day I can figure out weight loss and maintenance as effectively as you have!!

Thanks for the encouragement Doggygirl2! While I am a little disappointed in the size of the weight bounce after reaching goal, I do recognize that this current effort has been very different from all the rest. Every other significant weigh loss effort dating back to the 1970's resulted in gaining all the weight back and more within a small window of time following the "Diet". Making this a lifestyle change kept that from happening again. I just hoped that it would be enough. It's not. So I'm happy that I've kept 80% of the weight off for 5 years. But I will be much happier if I can inch back down to where I was in 2016.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-21, 07:14

Plan: Very low carb
Stats: 218/205.4/158 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Thanks for the encouragement Doggygirl2! While I am a little disappointed in the size of the weight bounce after reaching goal, I do recognize that this current effort has been very different from all the rest. Every other significant weigh loss effort dating back to the 1970's resulted in gaining all the weight back and more within a small window of time following the "Diet". Making this a lifestyle change kept that from happening again. I just hoped that it would be enough. It's not. So I'm happy that I've kept 80% of the weight off for 5 years. But I will be much happier if I can inch back down to where I was in 2016.

Wishing you all the best in your continued journey!
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-21, 04:37

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading about your journey. I love how your enjoying life and family and yes you are definitely a success story!

Article tools