Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 00:10
Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: // Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default The Cult of Disgruntled Carnivores

Since I've already posted here before the standard, "You're posting in the correct area you stupid troll" greeting won't be necessary.

After reading a few posts it's quite interesting- from an anthropological view. The banners on a lot of users entries include "PETA" (spoofed). You can even win a "Meat not Wheat" mug. I suppose it finally 'proves' that I really am a Grade A moron. Not only is meat tasty it's been 'proven' to be the best diet imaginable. The mere thought that one would question Dr.Atkins to any degree is almost unthinkable. Why are studies even being conducted anymore? It's silly. We all know what they all will point to. I propose that Dr.Atkins be awarded posthumously the entire gamut of Nobel prizes for his commitment to the health of humanity.

Okay, well now that I've stopped acting like 50% of the members here, I'll continue. It is not surprising that this diet has become rather popular seeing as the animal rights movement has as well. It makes you sit back and realize the interconnectedness of so many trends.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 00:15
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

The Cult of Disgruntled Carnivores

I LIKE IT! I think I should put that on the front of my SIZE EXTRA-SMALL shorty T-SHIRT - the one that shows off my abs now that I have them!

Muahahahahahahaha!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 00:26
Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: // Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Low Carb

It never ceases to amaze me that insightful posts have to be utterly ruined with people who think I've even remote interest in thier t-shirts. I'm beginning to believe that Windows has some special search command that highlights the least important part of a post. Does Atkins have a remedy for this?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 01:32
Registered Member

Plan: low low carb
Stats: 142/146/148 Male 177
BF:?/?/22%
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLogo
It never ceases to amaze me that insightful posts have to be utterly ruined with people who think I've even remote interest in thier t-shirts. I'm beginning to believe that Windows has some special search command that highlights the least important part of a post. Does Atkins have a remedy for this?

Hello Nologo,
I for one don't think you're a 'stupid troll'. But as trolls go, you're typically not particularly well informed about the science behind LowCarbing (Atkins or one of the many other variations). You don't even seem to know what low carbing really is, judging by the 'disgruntled carnivore' line of your most recent post. So you are a bit ignorant, but that's hardly unusual. There's a lot of misinformation about LowCarbing out there. I actually eat less meat now that I'm Lowcarbing than when I was following the 'food pyramid' recommendations for complex carbohydrates. In fact I eat a lot less food, meat included. That's because I'm no longer ravenously hungry all the time. Why would I be a disgruntled carnivore? I'm actually still an omnivore, and for what it's worth a much more 'gruntled' one than I was when a carb heavy diet had made me moderately and permanently unhealthy.
I get the impression that you are either a fairly bitter person, or so without a life that you enjoy trolling a subject that you know nothing about. Both possibilities deserve our compassion. You've certainly got mine. In fact I'm even a bit fascinated that somebody could be so perverse. Ah, human nature. Sigh!
Even your earlier thread was more worthwhile than this. At least then you seemed to have some interesting ideas. Now that so many people have corrected the gaps in your knowledge, you've resorted to completely empty sarcasm.
Btw have you had time to read some of the reading material I recommended? Rosedale particularly is very easy to understand, even if you come to the subject with some bias. Not that I'm necessarily accusing you of bias, you understand.... You know I was pretty negative about lowcarbing too when I first started doing some reading. They couldn't have got it so wrong for so long, could they?.....could they?......

Read Nologo, do it now!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 04:29

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I'm beginning to believe that Windows has some special search command that highlights the least important part of a post.

So....which part of your post would you like us to focus on? The part that tries to draw a correlation between the increase in popularity of low carb eating and the animal rights movement?
Do you have any documentation (charts showing an increase in the animal rights movement as compared to the rise in popularity of low carb, for instance) and if so, where did the information come from and which came first?
Please realize correlation does not prove causation.

As for being a disgruntled carnivore...nope. I'm really more of an inquisitive omnivore.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: HFH
Stats: 297/291/200 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Who has a banner spoofing PETA?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:12
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

LOL I have no idea what PETA is....and for that matter care less to find out, but that makes me even more moronic than you I guess nologo.
I do have to wonder about your sanity....I mean, why on earth come on to a board full of LC adicts to then slate things you obviously know little or nothing about?
Strikes me you are looking for some friends - but you aint gonna find any here!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:15
Ohmahgawd! Really??

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/306.5/300 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote: "Who has a banner spoofing PETA?"

HA!! How hilarious!! I nearly spewed my full fat decaf sugar free latte all over my monitor!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:51
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have the Eat Meat Not Wheat lunchbox, and I can't carry it around because people glance at it, and without looking more closely, assume I'm a vegan.

So was there any point to your post, other than to have a good pout? Losing an argument in another thread? (Edit) I've gone back to check out your other posts. Yes, this is the War Zone, but it's here for debate, not pointless taunting and complaining. Either bring us some studies or other specific information to debate, or quit trolling.

Last edited by Kristine : Thu, Sep-30-04 at 09:01.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:51

Plan: Atkins/PP + lots of H20
Stats: 203/160/140 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Did you know, NoLogo, that any LC diet can be followed as a vegetarian?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:22

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have been wondering NoLogo's motivations in posting on this site (not to mention how much time he must have on his hands).

Does he think that some of us will go "Oh! Gosh! What AM I doing? I'm going back to a no-fat diet!"
Yeah... Right. Most of us feel a thousand times better on this diet...and many of us (although I admit not all) have THOROUGHLY researched this before deciding to "jump on the bandwagon" so to speak.

Now, the thing about time...HOW MUCH TIME DOES THIS GUY HAVE ON HIS HANDS?!?

Seriously!

Yes, I spend some time on this site, but it's for motivational purposes. I'd REALLY have to be bored or with nothing to do to then go to a lowfat forum and start posting negatively there?!!!!!?

Of course, I'm sure he'll come up with some suave (yeah right) retort to my comment. But really...what's the purpose? And I know his time is his time...so be it. What a waste!
-- Loretta
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:31

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%
Talking

Perhaps the motto is:

"I annoy, therefore I am."

Last edited by adkpam : Thu, Sep-30-04 at 09:31. Reason: typo
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:33
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

It's Quixotic! The guys tilting at windmills. I'm as likely to preach low carb on a Vegan message forum as I am to run naked onto the freeway at rush hour. I just don't like to inflict that sort of abuse on myself.

However, the name "Cult of Disgruntled Carnivores" is kind of clever.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 10:31

Stats: 196/176/150 Female 5'6.5
BF:
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLogo

Well, when the title of your thread is flame bait, what do you expect?
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 12:30

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 74%

Actually, at first glance, I thought it was a spoof of the CDC center for disease control.
See what happens when you just scan?
:-)

-- Loretta