Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 16:04

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default I'm Almost To Goal!! (Help!!)

Hi Everyone!!

I'm almost there.... and I'm trying to raise my carbs now. Going to try to get to 30 a day to start.

Question..... for maintenance, I think a couple high carb days a week (kind of eat some of the things I ordinarily wouldn't) and then my usual LC the other days of the week will work best for me.
Anyone that is doing this..... do the cravings return?? Does the constant hunger return?? Tired?? Blah??
If so, I want to go with a different strategy.

I know I'm not there yet.... but I'm thinking ahead.

Thanks!
Ellie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 16:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Congrats Ellie, that's wonderful news. You must be proud of your accomplishment!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 12:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hey Ellie U have done an awesome job!!! Now it depends what U mean by high carb? What I do, is often have days where I will eat an apple with cream, extra veggies and oatmeal-flax cereal [ I estimate 60-70 carbs in the day] however I would never say eat a sanwich or have a desert made with real sugar. I dont find cravings bad just that when I eat more carbs I do get hungrier. If I were U, increase your carbs but keep them to something that wont trigger cravings.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 04:50

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hey Ellie - saw this message and had to let you know how amazing you are!! You have done so great (Hi Gale and Wa'il!)

I'm exactly the same as Gale, better to have the "higher carb" days than increase every day. And sugar is still out. Stick with the scales and watch closely to what your bod does.

Have a great day
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 09:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I just had to pop here and say HELLO SPONGE I missed your "leaving" -- I wasn't checking the board often for a few weeks; schedule crunch. I miss your hiking stories and even more....please remember, you promised us you'd post a photo of you on/and your horse when you got a horse
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 16:35

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Thanks Girls!!

I think the couple higher carb days and the rest lower sounds good! I will stay away from sugar treats (except maybe a couple times a year).... have no desire to become an addict again OR work my way back UP the fat ladder!!

I'm trying to keep my carbs up around 30 a day now....not easy!!
Have started having brocolli omelette for breakfast-- that gives me 4-5 more carbs. Also snack on pumpkin or sunflower seeds for a few more. I'll just take it slow and work the kinks out as I go.

Hi Sponge!!!
What a wonderful surprise!!! I've really missed you !! You were there encouraging me along right from the start..... and here you are again!! Many thanks!! I hope you are enjoying having more free time!!

Thanks to all!!
Ellie