Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 16:35

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default More on Breakfast

Hi Marsha!

Have you checked out the Breakfast Recipes on the SB Forum? You may find something yummy there. And please feel free to add your own contributions.

I personally find that I do better with a high protein breakfast rather than a carb breakfast. The Protein keeps me satisfied longer. I think that's a YMMV thing (your mileage may vary). You will need to experiment to figure out what works best for you.

If I have a carb breakfast its usually on the week end... here's some ideas:

Whole Grain Bagel & Cream Cheese
Bran Muffin and Fruit
Shedded Wheat & Bran Cereal topped with berries
Whole Wheat Pancakes
French Toast ( I like to prepare my french toast in the waffle iron)

molly

p.s. The Molly McMuffins are my copy cat version of the famous fast food breakfast.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 15:50

Plan: Atkins/Sugar Busters
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:28%
Progress: 10%

On Atkins, I ate eggs and more eggs. One thing was I did not get hungry before lunch. This week I had cereal one day (a good kind), and oatmeal another day. I was starving by 10 am, which was only 3 hours after breakfast.

Today, I had the EGG again with some bacon. I was not hungry when lunch came. I will be sticking with the low-carb or low GI for breakfast.

I'll check out the recipe board for some more choices!

Thanks!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 12:51

Plan: Zone
Stats: 157/141/130 Female 65 inches
BF:31%
Progress: 59%
Question Nothing to eat!!

Hi all,

I need help with breakfast on the Zone, as well as snacks. My husband and I are both on Zone and trying to keep all the blocks straight is a challenge, considering I do all the cooking and shopping. Also hubby has poor heart history so we have to watch the saturated fat (eggs, hard cheeses and red meats). Any ideas???

Last edited by canadakel : Tue, Aug-24-04 at 12:52. Reason: spelling error
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 22:48

Plan: The Zone-as much as I can
Stats: 231/165/175 Female 5ft9in
BF:?,33+/24.2/22
Progress: 118%

I have followed the Zone diet for almost two years( I recently switched to South Beach because I had a hard time keeping my fat under control and eating enough carbs). I loved it, don't get me wrong. I lost 65 pounds and had a baby about half way through. I weigh less now than I did when I graduated from high school. Anyways, back to your question...

I enjoyed cottage cheese with tomatoes, or peaches, or berries most mornings. I did the same with yogurt(personally I loose better if I eat yogurt or drink kefir). I either sweetened them with a little Splenda or Da Vinci's SF syrups. I also used a lot of egg substitute with mushrooms, peppers, onions, zucchini, and tomatoes. Morningstar Farms has a great soy breakfast sausage patty. I like Kashi GoLean cereal once in a while too. Left overs are great for breakfast too. Actually, these breakfasts are the same as what I do now on South Beach except I allow myself one real egg per day. I hope this helps. You can pm me if you have any other questions.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 07:10

Plan: Zone
Stats: 157/141/130 Female 65 inches
BF:31%
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up thanks

Twofoofers...congrats on reaching your goal!

Those suggestions sound great. I love cottage cheese and so does hubby. Someone else suggested turkey bacon...ever tried it?? I've never tried egg substitute. To be honest it has always seems a litte scary to me! But I plan on trying them. Kellog's just introduced lo-carb Special-K here in Ontario..gonna try that one.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 10:13

Plan: The Zone-as much as I can
Stats: 231/165/175 Female 5ft9in
BF:?,33+/24.2/22
Progress: 118%

canadakel~

No problem! Turkey bacon...I have had it and it is not too bad. I also like the Jennie-O turkey ham. I comes in a chuck and you can slice it to whatever thickness you like. This has been a life saver over the last week. I dice it up for the baby since she has decided that she will not eat baby food anymore.

I say that the LC Special K would be fine. Make sure you watch your portion sizes. Cereal is so easy to over do.

Egg substitute is totally safe. And it makes great omlets! If you are only having the egg substitute as your protein source make sure you get enough fat into the meal. I think that is the only meal I every had trouble getting enough fat into.