Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 12:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/185/167 Female 5ft. 6in.
BF:I don't wanta know
Progress: 87%
Default Great Flax or Regular Pancakes

I made some LC pancakes the other day that were really good. The first time I made flax pancakes, then tried regular pancakes because my daughter Summer is allergic to flax and loves pancakes. They were so good they didn't even need syrup.
Flax Pancakes
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/4 cup flax meal
1 scoop (about 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder)
a dash lite salt
a pinch (about 1/2 tsp probably) baking powder
about 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, or to taste
3T vanilla DaVinci's SF syrup
Just mix it all up with a spoon and cook in a skillet or griddle sprayed with Pam.

I sprayed the skillet lightly with pam each time I started a new pancake. get the griddle hot then make sure to keep the fire low. If you don't they will brown too fast.

For regular pancakes make them according to the directions above, but just substitute 1/4 cup of bake mix for the flax. I used Atkins bake mix. The recipe makes 4 large pancakes. In the flax pancakes there are 5 net carbs (subtracting fiber) and 350 calories. That is for the whole recipe. The regular pancakes have 8 net carbs (subtracting fiber) and 330 calories in the whole recipe.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-05, 15:04

Stats: 160/103/115 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

Hi,
these look good; thanks for sharing. One question: what is "vanilla DaVinci's SF syrup?"

SidC
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 07:04

Stats: 303/185/167 Female 5ft. 6in.
BF:I don't wanta know
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidC
Hi,
these look good; thanks for sharing. One question: what is "vanilla DaVinci's SF syrup?"

SidC
DaVinci's SF vanilla syrup is just a sugar free vanilla flavored syrup sweetened with liqui splenda. You can find it in the coffee section of the grocery store. I get mine at Super Wal Mart. You can also get it on line from Netrition , or from the DaVinci's web site. It is really to flavor coffee, I think, but you can use it for lots of different things. It is great for sweetening cream cheese. There are lots and lots of flavors, but our Wal Mart only has the vanilla and hazelnut. My DH likes the hazelnut in his coffee. I do, too every once in a while for a change from my regular black coffee.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 10:34
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

DaVinci also makes a maple flavoured syrup called "Pancake" that would work really great in this and other pancake recipies to give it that little extra authentic taste, esp if you are trying to avoid the SF maple syrups that are loaded with sugar alcohols.