Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 18:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/250/180 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:
Default Jazz Up Your Scrambled Eggs

If you are tired of plain scrambled eggs, try these - I used to eat this when i wasn't Low-carbing, but I shouldn't see why it still wouldn't work out! I mean hey - it's eggs right?

2 eggs
Cream to break up egg (used to be milk)
Mushrooms
Spinach
Cheese (any, I used harvarti, or old chedder)
Parm. cheese
Spices (any, depending on my mood, I went from basic salt to pepper to my whole spice rack)

Mix everything together except spinach and parm. cheese. put on pan (sprayed with cooking spray, or oil, or butter), and med. high heat, cook eggs until your desired texture. Put aside.

same skillet, cook up the spinach real quick (can be eaten cold), and then pour the eggs iinto skillet, and saute them all together for about 10 secs.

2 eggs
cream to taste
spices to taste
Cream cheese (ANY flavour - chives and onion, herb and garlic, smoked salmon)
Salmon (or chicken, or bacon, or where your mind takes you).
peppers (red and green, chopped)
2 slices chicken bacon

nuke the chicken bacon. (i made mine SO crispy. it was nummy, but you can do this anyway you make your bacon)

put everything together except protien of choice, and peppers. mix until cream cheese is blended. Pour onto oiled skillet, and then cook until semi-hard. THEN put protien and peppers in, and stir until set (this way peppers are crisp, and the protien isn't all egged up).

Serve with bacon. YUMO!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 19:32
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Sounds good! I am watching calories as well as carbs so what I do is take my raw eggs to work in a plastic container with a tight lid. I mix in about 1/2T of water per egg. Then I shake it like crazy. I pour the eggs into a paper bowl and microwave until they puff up like clouds. About 1:20 for 2 eggs. Then I dip the soft, puffy eggs into a tiny dab of Siracha sauce (hot spicy!).
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 08:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/264/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Nancy - I love the idea of nuking eggs at work. I can't believe that I hadn't thought of it! I've been bringing hard boiled eggs to work....but they're so smelly! LOL...