Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 09:33

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Good morning everyone! Blenders that is really funny because TOM started yesterday for me too lol!!I don't care about my weight too much during TOM since I typically retain a couple pounds of water weight but I was the same weight today- I won't watch too closely for the next week or so because it usually leads to disappointment since its Saturday, my hubby and I do our free meal together so for lunch I will have thin crust veggie pizza and I don't know what else yet. I have my 30 lbs goal set for the beginning of march and I've decided I will finally use my spa gift certificate that I've been saving for a rainy day! Hot stone massage maybe?? Not sure yet....
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 09:49

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Thank goodness for the weight averaging method!
If I didn't do this, I would be completely discouraged by now. I haven't seen my new low since last week. Seemingly, I've been up 2 pounds most of the week. But when I took my weight average, I've lost 0.46 lbs! Woohoo!
Here are my losses so far:

Week 1: 0.96
Week 2: 1.69
Week 3: 0.46

I'm happy with this. Slow and steady, right?

RM B - 1 bowl of pea soup, 1 1/2 bagels with cream cheese and strawberry jam, 1 cup chai tea with cream & stevia
L - hamburger patty with cheese
D - ????

Have a great weekend everyone!
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
Good morning everyone! Blenders that is really funny because TOM started yesterday for me too lol!!I don't care about my weight too much during TOM since I typically retain a couple pounds of water weight but I was the same weight today- I won't watch too closely for the next week or so because it usually leads to disappointment since its Saturday, my hubby and I do our free meal together so for lunch I will have thin crust veggie pizza and I don't know what else yet. I have my 30 lbs goal set for the beginning of march and I've decided I will finally use my spa gift certificate that I've been saving for a rainy day! Hot stone massage maybe?? Not sure yet....

Haha, we are syncronized already! (LOL, all the men are rolling their eyes right about now.)
I've heard the hot stone massage is the best. I've never tried it yet but I will the next time I get a massage.
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 17:48

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Here are my meals for the last couple of days:

Day 1:
CM- boiled egg, 2 pc bacon
CM snack- iced decaf american with cream and cinnamon
CM- large salad with ranch dsg, hamburger patty with slice pepperjack chz
RM- 2 large burritos (fried ground beef and pork drained of fat with taco seasonings), 2 medium sized flour tortilla shells, sour cream dollops, onions, shredded mozarella chz, lettuce, salasa, 1 sm glass of red wine, hershey bar with almonds and an almond joy

Day 2:
CM- string chz, homemade beef jerky strip (about the size of the palm of my hand), decaf iced americano with cream and cinnamon

CM- HUGE mixed green salad with blue cheese crumbles, ground beef crumbles, and ranch dsg

RM- spaghetti with double meat sauce, with regular wheat noodles, one pc of french bread with butter and garlic seasoning, 2 C mixed green salad with ranch, 2 pc of chocolate mousse pie

Day 3:
CM- 3 sausage links, 1 string chz, decaf iced americano with cream and cinnamon
CM- 1 medium sized bowl of pho with the meat, veggies, tripe, tendon (no noodles, gave those to the kids) iced decaf americano with cream
RM- tonight will be more leftovers of spahgetti like above and probably the exact same portions as last night too with the last of the chocolate mousse pie. If not 2 pc then maybe a hersheys and almond joy to go with

It's my TOM so I am definately craving sweet, salty, and savory in HUGE amounts! Good news is that my weights have been hovering right at 222 with a dip to 220 and 221 so I think my average for the week will be 222 which will put me back to where I was 2 weeks ago to lose that dang 0.6 lb from last week. I am going to have to look back but I am thinking it is my trend to go up about a 1/2 pound the week BEFORE my TOM which must be fluid retention due to hormonal shifts. I have noticed this my whole life which is why I am not letting it get me down.

Happy eating everyone!

MIW
  #110   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 21:22
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I have been under the weather. Ate toast for three days. Now have to get back on plan.
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 01:48

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
Haha, we are syncronized already! (LOL, all the men are rolling their eyes right about now.)
I've heard the hot stone massage is the best. I've never tried it yet but I will the next time I get a massage.

Omg I laughed out loud at that! Hahaha!! Makeitwork is also synchronizing lol
Bad day today- stayed on plan ofcourse but my rm was way too much and I wasn't going to eat again but hubby surprised me with salmon and I ate to appease him- now I feel sick! No doubt there will be some water retention tomorow!!!
  #112   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 10:06

BF:

Start Date: November 1, 2012

Ht: 5' 2"

Wt: 235

Starting Measurements:

Biceps: 15"
Bust: 50.5"
Waist: 47"
Hips: 54"
Thigh: 29.5"

As of December 2, 2012:

Wt: 225 (-10lbs)

Current Measurments:

Biceps: 14.5" (-0.5")
Bust: 48.5" (-2")
Waist: 43.5" (-3.5")
Hips: 51" (-3")
Thigh: 28.5" (-1")

As of December 24, 2012:

Wt: 222 (-13lbs)

Current Measurements:

Biceps: 14" (-0.5")

Other measurements remain unchanged

As of January 25, 2012

Wt: 221 (-14lbs)

Current Measurements:

Biceps: 13 1/2 (-0.5")

Bust: 47 (- 1 1/2")

Waist: 43 (-0.5

Hips: 50 1/2 (-0.5")

Thigh: 27 1/2 (-1")

Weekly Weight Loss Average Tracker:

Week 1- 235

Week 2- 231 229 (-5 lbs)

Week 3- 228 (-1 lb)

Week 4- 227 226 (-1.5 lbs)

Week 5- 225 227 228 225 (-0.25 lbs)

Week 6- 225 225 225.5 225.5 225 224 223.5 (-1.5 lbs)

Week 7- 224 224 224 224 224 223 (-1 lb)

Week 8- 224 225 224.5 224.5 224 224 224 (+ 0.5 lb)

Week 9- 222 224 225 222.5 223 222.5 223.5 (-1 lb)

Week 10- 223 222.5 221.5 221 223 223 222 (-0.9 lb)

Week 11- 221 223 221 221 221 224 223 (-0.30 lb)

Week 12- 223 222 223 222 223 223 222.5 (+0.6 lb)

Week 13- 222 222 220 222 222 221 221 (-1.20 lbs)

This shows the beauty of daily wts and weekly averages. I am down overall, and the 0.6 wt gain from last week is gone like it never happened Stay on Plan everyone! This really works and is for life. Even my measurements are falling at a nice steady regular pace

MIW
  #113   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 11:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders

Yes, it's mine too Must be we all hang out together so much even throught the computer the hormone goddess is all in alignment! LOL

MIW
  #114   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 14:01

BF:

IDK if anyone picked up on my measurement losses since Nov 1st:

Biceps -1 inch
Bust -3 1/2 inches!!!
Waist -4 inches!!!!
Hips -3 1/2 inches!!!!
Thighs -2 inches!!!

This is with a lost of 14-15 pounds so not very much for my age/ht but the measurments really speak volumes

MIW
  #115   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 15:33
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
MIW you are doing great! I think LC you lose more inches as the weight loss is more fat loss not muscle and fat like in low fat diets.

Going out for dinner- will have salad, shrimp and salmon.
Maybe a glass of wine but no dessert.

tomorrow I'm making a big pot of sausage and peppers in a homemade red sauce. DH will have pasta and a roll, I'll just have a roll. We will also have salad. I'll have peppers and zuchini as my veggies. I am making a lot- we'll eat it for a couple of days then I'll freeze it.

later-
E
  #116   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 15:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork

Biceps -1 inch
Bust -3 1/2 inches!!!
Waist -4 inches!!!!
Hips -3 1/2 inches!!!!
Thighs -2 inches!!!

This is with a lost of 14-15 pounds so not very much for my age/ht but the measurments really speak volumes

MIW

scuse me, it should be 1.5 inches off the bicep

MIW
  #117   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-13, 09:18

Plan: Looking around...
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello CAD/CALP'ers.
I was here a few months ago but well off the plan.
I've been doing a lot of thinking about which WOE is going to be the best for me, and I still believe that CAD is the best fit. But Ive yet to make a start.

However, it seems that losing weight itself isn't enough motivation for me. I do need to lose a lot of weight but I'd like to put that aside for a moment and ask you all :

"What other benefits have you noticed with CAD/CALP, in addition to weight loss?"
This could be improved mood, clearer skin, less creaky knees etc , anything that's just better since you started to follow this WOE. I think that may help me to be more motivated, rather than just focusing on weight loss.
  #118   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-13, 12:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonDépart
Hello CAD/CALP'ers.
I was here a few months ago but well off the plan.
I've been doing a lot of thinking about which WOE is going to be the best for me, and I still believe that CAD is the best fit. But Ive yet to make a start.

However, it seems that losing weight itself isn't enough motivation for me. I do need to lose a lot of weight but I'd like to put that aside for a moment and ask you all :

"What other benefits have you noticed with CAD/CALP, in addition to weight loss?"
This could be improved mood, clearer skin, less creaky knees etc , anything that's just better since you started to follow this WOE. I think that may help me to be more motivated, rather than just focusing on weight loss.

I think it is good to look at it as a lifelong eating plan. It has to do with your metabolism and getting it in good proper working order. If we didn't have Insulin Resistance we wouldn't be carb addicted and fat. Plain and simple. That is why you have people out there (mainly while young) who can eat every thing in sight and stay as skinny as a rail.

I know it is more than just losing weight (fat): the weight is coming off super slow for me now but steady and at a good rate. My measurements are what are really changing. This is fabulous because I am actually losing fat, NOT muscle which is what happens with other diets- especially when weight comes off fast.

My bras are lose, my rings are spinning on my fingers. I noticed the first week on CAD that I had a horrible break out of ance which shows me that this is definately getting my hormones all regulated. Also I notice I am not growing hair as fast on my legs between shavings, or face/arms for waxing. May sound funny to mention but obviously for me as a woman I can appreciate that and makes me realize this isn't just insulin that is getting regulated by changing how I eat carbs.

You can research PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). Those women who have issue with that can't conceive. They have found when they go low carb their menses regulate and they can get pregnant. Insulin? Or many other hormonal changes happening with that?

I also have more energy which is great. Who doesn't want more energy? Also I am the one in control- not the food. I feel real hunger at regular intervals. Not mindless wandering throug the pantry or fridge 20 minutes after eating. I can see all the cookies, lattes, candy at work (I am a nurse) and not even flinch. This alone is the #1 reason I am happy with it. I have been fat a long time and am ok with that. Finally being free from always needing an iced mocha in my hand or craving pizza or having chewing gum is great. I don't care if my weight comes off slow.

I am not counting a single calorie, I am eating like a queen! I eat huge portions of whatever I am in the mood for at my CM's and my RM's. I am maintaining or losing. Who can complain with that? Plus all the other good things I have noticed! This is for life!

MIW
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-13, 06:06

Plan: Looking around...
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks MIW! I've been reading about your progress and I think you've done amazing well, congratulations.
And yes, of all the benefits I would truly love to have some more energy.
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-13, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork

Biceps -1 inch
Bust -3 1/2 inches!!!
Waist -4 inches!!!!
Hips -3 1/2 inches!!!!
Thighs -2 inches!!!

MIW

Those are some seriously impressive numbers! Wow!!!

Well, I'm coming off another weekend of going off plan (our weekends are Sunday and Monday since those are the days hubby has off right now). I like to have a glass of wine on the weekends but man, it's really screws up my weight loss (and my motivation). While I didn't overeat, I ate carbs outside my RM for dinner:

Chicken with rice and a glass of wine and some dark chocolate for dessert.

Maybe I should switch up my RM meals on the weekend? I'm still conflicted because I really enjoy my RM at breakfast. I think I'll cut out the wine completely for a while and maybe once a month indulge in a mimosa for brunch as part of my RM.

My in-laws are on an extended cruise for 2 months right now. They come back in March. I would really like them to say, "Wow, you've been losing weight!" Both my MIL and SIL have been losing tons of weight with the HCG diet. So, I gotta get some pounds off this next month. Five more would be nice.
Closed Thread