Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2191   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-18, 04:40

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Day 4, still not sleeping well, but feel much better than yesterday.

cm breakfast: 3/4 of a serving of a brand of cm prosciutto/mozzarella rollatini, and 1 wedge of my cm spinach casserole. 2 oz. half and half with some French press coffee (think my Keurig died, yay for French Press as a back up!).

cm lunch planned: 2 cm chicken and spinach sausages, and boiled summer squash with a bit of unsalted butter. This was actual.

rm: crock pot shredded beef with steamed cauliflower and some melted gruyere atop. Either 2 thin slices sour dough toast with butter or a single serve instant oatmeal with butter and half and half. Coffee.

Have a great day, anyone reading

Last edited by patriciakr : Fri, Nov-30-18 at 10:04.
Sponsored Links
  #2192   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-18, 04:41

Day 5 involved being out and not cooking any of my meals. I wish I had been a bit tighter re my rm but I am pleased with my mindset and all the things I said "no" to.

I had a very early mammogram, afterwards I had a breve latte, then went to help at a charity event at church for children - said "No" to all the hot cocoa, doughnuts, hot dogs and potato chips.

We went out for an early rm, had a drink (straight up bourbon), some fried cheese curds and nuts, entrée was a blackened piece of mahi mahi, broccolini, mushrooms and small bit of couscous. Split a piece of cheesecake for dessert. I regret having a small Juniper Latte for the drive home.

All in all, I like this mindset, it is, at last, where it needs to be.

Today is day 6. I do not have my rm planned, but my cm meal for today will be a chicken cauliflower casserole recipe we love and a smoked gouda and bacon (I have cm bacon) cauliflower mash that we love.

About to finish week 1. Looking forward to when I can say I have finished month 1!

Actual rm turned out to be two eggs over easy, 2 biscuits, 2 sausage patties, with 1/2 of the amount of gravy they gave me atop a concoction I call Pat's Benedict <G>. Coffee with half and half.

Last edited by patriciakr : Mon, Dec-03-18 at 03:21.
  #2193   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-18, 03:24

Today is day 7. Feel like crap, having nausea, so not sure how food will go today.

Let's imagine it clears up.

Planned cm breakfast: 2 eggs over easy, boiled spinach with butter.
Actual: Tasty Bites Kashmir Spinach and 2 oz. half and half with my coffee. Just didn't feel like eggs.

Planned cm lunch: 2 cm chicken and spinach sausages, more spinach with butter. Actual: had the sausages, a snack size piece of fontina cheese and a mini cucumber. I also had a cm snack of homemade cm chicken cauliflower soup, 90 apart from lunch.

Planned rm: salad of mixed baby greens with a blue cheese yogurt dressing, homemade turkey burger patty, green beans, 1 serving of a chocolate dipped tiny half crescent shapped doughnut with my coffee w/half and half.
Actual was the above minus green beans, and having two servings of the half crescent doughnuts.

I feel pretty good, week one was just about painless!

Last edited by patriciakr : Tue, Dec-04-18 at 02:46.
  #2194   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 02:51

Day eight or day 1 of week two

Up at a wackadoodle hour again, but no nausea last night, hope that odd experience is over.

Planned cm breakfast: 2 eggs over easy with a slice of melted cheese atop and two sautéed mushrooms. 2 oz. half and half with my coffee.

planned cm lunch: a cup plus of my cm chicken cauliflower soup, 1-2 cm chicken & spinach sausages.

planned rm: large mixed greens salad, blue cheese yogurt dressing, large turkey burger with cheese, probably more of the chicken cauliflower soup. 1 small slice of my husband's birthday cake I am making - a chunky apple cake with cream cheese frosting. DH is turning the big 50! in a couple of days but given his intermittent fasting, today is the day for him to have cake.
  #2195   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-18, 05:18

Hmm, unable to edit yesterday's post. Lunch planned was actual, as was rm. I did an excellent job of not taste testing the frosting, nor eating in the eve.

I also got on my exercise bike for 5 minutes. I will up that soon.

Today, plan is for 2 eggs over easy with 2 mushrooms sautéed, and a slice of cheese melted atop. 2 oz. half and half with my coffee. This was actual.

lunch will be tasty bites spinach with 1 cm chicken with spinach sausage. Had two of the sausages, otherwise, actual.

rm planned - salad with 1/4 avocado added and a celery stalk, blue cheese yogurt dressing, shrimp salad with mayo and scallion, 1 slice birthday cake (pre-cut this sucker into 12 pieces so I wouldn't be tempted to have it larger, than said, these are good sized, as it's a 13 x 9 pan.) 2 oz. half and half with my coffee. I will be changing the shrimp salad to a homemade Italian pork patty, and making the salad really big. Otherwise, this will be actual.

Last edited by patriciakr : Wed, Dec-05-18 at 14:25. Reason: updating the food I ate today
  #2196   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-18, 05:03

Plan for today -

cm breakfast of two eggs over easy with one slice of cheese and 1-2 sautéed mushrooms.

lunch: 2 cm chicken and spinach sausages with some boiled broccoli.
Actual was just Tasty Bites Spinach Kashmir. Two cms during afternoon - one, a piece of camembert. The second a generous cup of homemade bone broth.

Did not have enough water, and did not do what I needed to re rm. Went out for dh's birthday - had some of his nachos, then had an appetizer as dinner = 3 chicken tenders with small amt. fries. But...had half a mixed drink, and 2 bites his dessert. Then a speciality starbucks coffee on way home, where I had a slice of the apple cake I made for his birthday. I can do better.

rm - still thinking about this one.

Push water, and use exercise bike.

Last edited by patriciakr : Fri, Dec-07-18 at 02:57.
  #2197   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-18, 05:36

Yesterday was pretty good overall, out for rm breakfast - had omelet with cheese and veggies and sausage, toast, coffee.

A breve latte while out and about later in the day, and again in the eve after church.

One cm snack of a bit of camenbert cheese.

cm dinner was shrimp with a cm chicken sausage, broccoli and cauliflower with some of the broth made from boiling the shrimp, mayo to flavor the broth a bit.

Not enough water though.

Today's food will be:

breakfast cm - 2 eggs over with mushrooms, slice of cheese, 2 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch cm - 2 cm chicken sausages and a bit of boiled brocoli and cauliflower.

rm: salad with 1/4 avocado, a scallion, blue cheese yogurt dressing, 2 large baked chicken thighs, more boiled brocoli and cauliflower, 1 chocolate dipped plain doughnut. Coffee with half and half.
  #2198   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-18, 09:03

Did well until evening. Had a carby snack late eve.

Today is going better mindset wise.

rm: my green beans carbonara and a slice of apple cake. Coffee with half and half.

not sure if will have a cm lunch, know I will want a cm snack of cheese this evening.
*I did have a cm lunch - green beans and 2 cm chicken sausages.

cm dinner is planned to be a garlic mushroom pork tenderloin and mashed cheesey cauliflower. * this was actual, along with 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

Water intake will be GOOD. I must!
Tomorrow will be end of week two.

I needed this to be a good day foodwise, and it was.

Last edited by patriciakr : Sun, Dec-09-18 at 16:59. Reason: updating the food I ate today
  #2199   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-18, 08:19

Breakfast cm today (large meal) was: 2 eggs over easy, with cut up cm chicken sausage, and some leftover boiled cauliflower. 2 oz. half and half with my coffee.

If I have lunch it will be a tasty bites spinach kashmir with 1 cm chicken sausage cut up into it.

rm planned: large salad with 1/4 avocado, a mini cucumber, blue cheese yogurt dressing, leftover garlic pork tenderloin medallions from yesterday, a last piece of apple cake. Coffee with half and half.

Have a good day, anyone reading this.
  #2200   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-18, 06:15

Yesterday was as planned with one exception, I did have some red wine (very small amt. maybe 1.5 oz.) in the eve. Not on plan I realize, but not me with x,y.z carb.

Not sure yet what I feel like having today, so will come back and post food log later.

Have a happy CALP or CAD day.
  #2201   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-18, 08:07

Breakfast cm: 2 eggs with 1 sautéed mushroom, asiago cheese, 2 oz. half and half with my coffee. All supplements.

Lunch will be: 2 cm chicken sausages with either spinach or green beans.

rm - not yet planned. * actual was large salad of mixed greens with 1 mini cucumber and a blue cheese yogurt dressing. Approx. 1/3 cup boiled broccoli and cauliflower (plain). 2 baked chicken thighs with skin on. About 1/2 serving raw, unsalted almonds, 1/2 of a doughnut. Coffee with half and half. 1 serving Airborne gummies.

Good day.

Last edited by patriciakr : Tue, Dec-11-18 at 17:31.
  #2202   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 05:51

Breakfast cm: 1 wedge of my breakfast casserole, 2 oz. half and half with my coffee, am supplements.

Lunch - Tasty Bites Kashmir spinach with miracle noodles rice.

rm - not yet planned. Actual: large salad of mixed greens with blue cheese yogurt dressing, plain steamed cauliflower, 4 (meant to only eat two...) cm bratwurst, 1 tiny cupcake (and I do mean tiny). Half and half with my coffee.

I did have a small bit of brie about 4 hours later as an eve cm snack.

Probably my wishful thinking, but my pajamas are feeling looser...here's hoping!

Last edited by patriciakr : Wed, Dec-12-18 at 20:25.
  #2203   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-18, 06:18

Breakfast cm: 1 wedge of my breakfast casserole, 1.5 oz. half and half with my coffee, my daily supplements.

Lunch cm planned: 1 cm bratwurst and some leftover spinach.

rm - not yet planned, but will have salad, and leftover steamed cauliflower and probably finish with a small cupcake. Need to pick a protein!

If anyone is reading, have a great day.
  #2204   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-18, 08:28

Happy with yesterday, except I had a cm snack in the eve that I wasn't hungry for, and that is the behavior I most struggle with - eating for reasons other than hunger.

breakfast cm: 1 wedge of my breakfast casserole, 2 oz. half and half, daily supplements - have added biotin.

lunch cm planned: Tasty Bites Kashmir Spinach with miracle noodles rice and maybe 1 cm chicken sausage cut up into it.

rm planned: - for sure salad of mixed baby greens with a celery stalk, a cilantro avocado yogurt dressing, all else up in the air at the moment.
Almost got to my minimum water yesterday, today I will make sure I get there.

Actual rm: salad with a mini cucumber, 2 skin on chicken thighs baked with mushrooms, bit of red onion, sprinkle of flour, roasted red peppers, sour cream and various spices. 2 slices sour dough toast with butter and jam. Half and half with my coffee.

Last edited by patriciakr : Fri, Dec-14-18 at 17:10.
  #2205   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-18, 05:29

Finally weighed myself. It was confirmation of what I thought.

Yesterday's rm was too carby - ended up with my first craving in the eve. Had a cm snack to counter, which worked but pissed me off because I wasn't really hungry.

Today is planned for breakfast and lunch - still no plans for rm.

breakfast will be 1 wedge breakfast casserole, 2 oz. half and half with my coffee, daily supplements.

lunch will be 2 cm chicken sausages and a veggie - probably Italian green beans with a bit of butter. Actual was 3 cm chicken sausages. I was in the middle of making a new to me unfrosted, plain spice cookie (actually a lovely dutch cookie recipe, can't spell it though, so won't try), and I did NOT lick the beater, did NOT "try" one after baking. I waited to have any until my RM.

rm was a salad of baby mixed greens with a yogurt based dressing, 2 cm andouille sausages, plain steamed cauliflower, some of the dutch spice cookies, half and half in my coffee.

Goal today is 48 oz. of water. Prefer to get that to 60 oz. but I don't see that happening just yet.

Last edited by patriciakr : Sat, Dec-15-18 at 17:26.