Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-05, 15:36

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

this thread is interesting -

I can't take glutamine - it really messes my head up. I get out of balance VERY fast with the other amino acids like taurine if I take it continuously. I once took taurine for several days and started out great, then felt very flat and tired - the antidote was glutamine (these two aminos are opposing I think or share the same pathway in the brain).

But it seems to have a good effect on some.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 09:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/157/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 72%

What kind of whey are you taking Bawdy? And I thought I read somewhere that glutamine shouldn't be taken at the same time as protein; something to do with absorption. I guess that can't be the case if the Eades recommend taking it along with the shake.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 10:38

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi all
I think I'll try some glutamine for my moods. There's a small amount in my whey protein but no where near the amount some of you are taking- so is it okay to take with protein or are you supposed to take it on an empty stomach?

Taboo - sorry - haven't been here for a while. I say I get the "sundowners" cause my mood darkens around evening - so I use it regarding mood pattern but the medical community uses it to describe confusion that people in hospitals sometimes experience when they're sick and have been there a while - maybe people with dementia/alzheimers get that confusion too.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 11:15
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:

Hey Taboo Kitty, I used to have a cat named Taboo.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 11:53

Plan: Atkins, Perricone, my own
Stats: 157/144/120 Female 5 feet 1 1/2 inches
BF:do/nt/no
Progress: 35%

Hey Nancy. I bet he was a cutie! Taboo is snoozing on my bed right now. It's snowing, so he doesn't get a walk on his leash outside today. Just finished working out. Finally, been 2 days. I also ate tater tots. Phooey! I've been taking the glutamine for a week now. I've noticed no change except a little lesser headaches. I got a decent haircut yesterday. That improved my mood! HAHA!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 12:16
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:

My Taboo was a monster of a cat. He was HUGE! Not really fat, although towards the end of his life he got chubby, but just enormous. Like a mini panther. With black fur and yellow eyes. And a HUGE meow. He was a gentle giant though.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 13:12

Plan: the one that works for me
Stats: 220/214/180 Female tall
BF:
Progress: 15%

Here's a link to more articles if anyone's interested...http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbi...?page=Glutamine

I've been supplementing with it for about a week now, looking forward to the benefits!