Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-15, 17:27

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

sundresses, I wish I had some to try on.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-15, 21:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169.2/137/149 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 159%

My summer clothes ( I live in a warm climate so its time to break out the capris..shorts and short sleeved shirts and summer dresses ) are too big....they are sz 4....sz 4 isn't big..by ANY definition...but Ive been sz 2 long enough to mean I will now have need for sz 2 for all of our seasonal wear
  #198   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-15, 20:28

BF:

I went for my blood work and biometrics yesterday....I was 151 last year because the tech allowed 3 lbs for clothes...this year the tech allowed 0 for clothes ..I was 139..he looked at me and said..you look about 127...I smiled...He said you AREN"T 5'9"...he measured and Im still 5'9"!!...My weight was GREAT for my height...my BP GREAT...I screwed up the results of my glucose by having 3 c. of strong tea.. according to the supervisor...If my glucose is high..I'll have my GP do an A1C...Im so thrilled!!
  #199   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 16:12

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'm not sure this is the kind of victory you mean, but it feels like an accomplishment to me, so I'm going to share.

Son came home sunday evening, had been away to the city where they have a superstore where his GF goes to University. He came home with a BLACK FOREST CAKE! Yikes.

Tuesday, Hubby runs up for a few groceries and comes home with A DOZEN LOCAL BAKERY CINNAMON BUNS! O.M.G.!

Cakes about 1/4 left, and hubby had 2 c.buns the next day, there's still 10 in the bag!

Last night when I was making supper (new recipe i posted in the Main Dish kitchen thread) I had to move the c.buns out of the way--I have forgotten they were even there!

ME & MY DIET - 2 Temptation - 0
  #200   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 17:06

BF:

WOOOOHOOO!!! Jody!!!
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 18:47

Stats: 220/190/165 Male 5'-10"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Excellent about the XL. I have scads of clothes I cant wait to get back into. You're doing great! looking at your stats. Keep up the good work!
  #202   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-15, 09:31

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I Love this thread.. I have literally sat here and read all 14 pages!!

NSV: Down a size in my leggings ( I wear them every day to work under long dressy blouses, sweaters or short dresses)

Still working on getting back into my jeans I was wearing last summer and smaller.. but I know I can with all these post!
  #203   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-15, 08:43

Stats: 274/258/190 Female 5'8"
BF:Yep
Progress: 19%
Default Valentine cookies

Made sugar cookies for my daughters class and I did not have one bit of the dough OR any cookies! I am not new to this WOE. Lost 40 pounds 10 years ago, then got pregnant with my daughter and went back to old ways. Today is day 8 for me. I am weighing every Friday so yesterday was my 1st check in. 10 pounds gone! Love this thread too. I do not post much but read lots of threads...thank you all for your insight and encouragement. It helps so much!

Last edited by GollyMolly : Sat, Feb-14-15 at 08:57.
  #204   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-15, 13:52

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

You guys are doing great. This is fun.
  #205   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-15, 09:17

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Re: Black Forest Cake & Cinnamon buns.
My kid ate the last piece of cake today. He can have it.. a strong wind would blow him away.
The cinnamon buns are still sitting on the cupboard, haven't really looked but I think hubby's got them down to about 4. He can have 'em! ...they are almost a week old, I'm def NOT tempted..
  #206   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-15, 10:25

Plan: Atkins/Paleo mix
Stats: 219/209.4/170 Female 5 feet, 8 inches
BF:Yep
Progress: 20%

As I just restarted this WOE today, I haven't had a NSV, but I can't tell you the biggest one I've been looking forward to. Since I gained 30 lbs since I got married, I haven't been able to wear my engagement ring and wedding ring on the same finger. It's a combination of weight gain and my fingers being swollen from water weight, but I can. Not. Wait. Until I get to wear both of them on the same finger again!!!
  #207   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-15, 12:11
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I had to find and revive this thread. It kinda fell off the radar a little and I always liked this one.

My NSV... I FIXED THE DISHWASHER! OK - how is that an NSV? Our dishwasher as been doing a poor job on the top rack for quite some time. To get clean dishes, we either ran it twice or ran it half full and still some dishes would end up dirty and got left in for the next load. Because I can finally bend over like a normal person, I was able to see that a little bracket at the back of the dishwasher had popped out of place and the top washy spinny thingy wasn't getting a good connection to the water source. That is why the top rack was not getting as clean as it should. I just ran a load and it is working as good as new. A year ago - I would never have been able to bend over and see the problem, much less get back there to fix it. Clean dishes again... Whoo Hoo!
  #208   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-15, 13:54

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I love this thread too, Ken!!! One of the very best!

...SO, last week, went out for coffee with a couple of girlfriends, and I got coffee.
(umm, duh! ) BUT, one of my friends (the one who is heaviest and struggling, but not yet understanding what she needs to do) got coffee AND a giant, freshly baked chocolate-chocolate chunk bakery cookie. That's fine. I'm focused. I'm not interested.

Anyway, as she was munching away, she offered me some, and I politely declined. She wouldn't let it go (first time that has actually happened to me on the WOL)...

"Why don't you want some?"
"Just have this little bit"
"It's not going to hurt you!"

Smiling, I explained that I actually DO NOT want the little bite she was offering, because once I get a taste, I ACTUALLY want the WHOLE cookie, the rest of the batch, AND the cupcakes, AND the tarts, AND the pies, ALL the items on ALL the shelves at the bakery! So, it's really, REALLY, REALLY better for me to have NONE! But, thank you.

Then, she said the crazy thing (I think out of a self-conscious feeling from being the only one eating a cookie and also being the one who has the most to lose)...she said:

"Well, you shouldn't deny yourself the little pleasures in life! You should be able to have just one a day, like me...YOU HAVE NO WILL POWER!"

Yup, that's what she said, WHILE eating the chocolate chunk cookie.

aaaanyway, I could have said something sharp back, but I didn't. There's no point in being upset with craziness!

Also, when she wants to get serious about fat loss, she will. And not before. I hope she comes to me.

In the meantime, I thought it was hilarious that me NOT eating "just one cookie", or even one bite, could possibly be construed as "weak", but that EATING cookies and other treats every day is, in her mind, a sign of self-control and will power. haha!

SO, NSV for me.

Last edited by Jamackarch : Sat, Apr-04-15 at 18:11.
  #209   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-15, 20:27

Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

My jeans have been so tight and uncomfortable, that when I'm getting dressed to leave the house, I wait until the last possible moment to button and zip them. (I know that sounds sick!) Anyway when I was getting dressed this morning, I went to button them as they felt really loose, but found that they were already button and zipped and I didn't even notice.

I am usually so obsessed with the numbers on the scale that this was definitely a NSV for me!
  #210   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-15, 20:44

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo1014
My jeans have been so tight and uncomfortable, that when I'm getting dressed to leave the house, I wait until the last possible moment to button and zip them. (I know that sounds sick!) Anyway when I was getting dressed this morning, I went to button them as they felt really loose, but found that they were already button and zipped and I didn't even notice.

I am usually so obsessed with the numbers on the scale that this was definitely a NSV for me!

YAY!!! That is a good one! loose clothes = major progress!!!