Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 06:50
aka Celestine

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

I'm working, mostly, but will probably play some trivia and drink some LC beer this evening! Am also working on avoiding cashews.....
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 12:40
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Shana: Enjoy your visit with your Dad today, and good luck Sunday!!

Mike: Get some rest, and stay away from the vending machine.

Kristine: Indian food! <drools> Lucky!!

Liz: Have fun tonight!! Good luck with the cashews, man I LOVE those!
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 17:42
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Me too--me too--I want to join!
Can't believe I missed this. I try to check the maintainers daily, but...
I am a little different from most of you in that I do CALP (carb addicts lifespan program) not atkins. I also never really had a goal other than to stop being insulin resistant and see what happened. It has been awesome for me! I have gone down way below what I ever expected, but I like it.
I work outside the home, and have a DD in college and a DS who is a senior in HS. My DH is very supportive, but he says the 'you looked good before too'- got to love him.
I agree that planning is key for me, but I also do well with structure and limited choices. Breakfast everyday is 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon and black coffee. Then leftovers or a chicken caesar for lunch, and a nicer dinner.
I am really looking forward to this group, but am going out of town for a week tomorrow. I'll look forward to my cup of Java with you when I come back.
Have a great, steady week!
Eno
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 20:02

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have had a pretty out-of-control week!

I guess the few crackers I had with cheese at my bro-in-law's art show doesn't really count as a blowout, but I am afraid to step on the scale tomorrow. You know, salted peanuts really do me in! Three pounds in one night, no doubt it was the salt!!!

M
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 10:12

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

Well, at least I'm not alone on that "three pounds in one night" syndrome. I've been a fairly consistent 132 for a couple of weeks now--but this morning it's 135! And to top that off I have a very bad headache. I've been sneaking in some treats here and there and I guess I overdid it yesterday--I was wondering what my limit would be and I guess succumbing to a piece of pie (without the crust) and some frozen chocolate chips (that kept calling my name from the freezer) was going overboard. Also, I had a couple of hot dog weiners late last night and I know the nitrates can sometimes cause headaches. All in all--I feel like I should be going back to bed instead of to church this morning! (My son's Christian rock band is playing this morning and as much as I love him the idea of that loud music isn't very appealing.) sigh--this too shall pass--
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 16:12
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Eno: Hiya! Have a great trip!

Itty: Good luck with your date with the scale, I'm sure all will be fine.

Shoer: Hope you are feeling better.

The baptism went well, afterwards I avoided the party fare, and ate when I got home as planned. I hate eating that late though...

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to shake my plan up a bit by trying a Banta/Atkins mix.

Last edited by Kristine : Thu, Apr-19-12 at 04:17. Reason: member request
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 18:26

Stopped in at WalMart today to buy a few of those ZCarb bars and found they were at a closeout price of 25c each! I don't know if other WalMarts are doing this as well, but all of their bars--ZCarb, Endulge, Atkins, etc. were marked down to 25c. Well, needless to say you won't find them any more at MY WalMart because all the good ones are now in my freezer....But--check yours out! It beats paying a buck each!
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 18:50

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:

Wow, you Yanks are really lucky with the carb bar sales! There are no Walmarts in Toronto (at least near downtown), and our local drug marts sell them for around $3 canadian ($2-2.50 US).

Good news... the scale and I are still friends!

M
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 20:41
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Quote:

WTG with the awesome buys today Shoer!
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 22:33
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

Well, I am sure the scale and I are NOT friends... but I am planning on ignoring him until Wednesday. I ended up being at the tea today longer than planned to help set up and cannot say I stuck to plan. I was right, however in my assesment of the amount of carbs available. But, if I indulged, it was worth it, it was done by a professional caterer and was absolutely delicious. No big deal.... tomorrow back to kickboxing, back on a very strict plan Mon - Tues, adding in more carbs on Wed. Good for you 4beans!!! You held the fort for the rest of us

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:58
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty

Hi everyone!

The scale and I are good friends too!! In fact, that's the ONLY thing keeping me from killing him!!

196 today.. back to the RED zone.. but heck, if I make it out of these hell weeks at work under 200 it's going to feel like success!!

Mike
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 10:15

One of the rules I've imposed on myself now during maintenance is to weigh myself EVERY DAY. Back in the old days, not weighing myself was what got me into trouble as I could pretend my weight was OK as long as I didn't look. During induction, OWL, etc, I only weighed once a week and that made sense then. But--weighing myself every day now keeps my mind focused on what I can eat TODAY--as compared with, "Oh, I know I ate the wrong foods yesterday so I just won't weigh myself this morning..." I'm afraid that even by weighing once a week my weight would quickly get out of hand. I figure it's a lot easier to lose a pound or two than five pounds.
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 11:55
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Yup, I try to weigh myself every morning, too. Like you, shoer, if I stop weighing it will be too easy to let it sneak back up. Been there, done that, and it ain't happenin' again.

Liz
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 14:56
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

Heh heh - Shoer, that tends to be my downfall, too. As if you only gain weight if you look at the number on the scale!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 19:19

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

Having scales in the house drives me nuts. I am incapable of not weighing myself constantly, and suddenly it really MATTERS to me regardless of clothes fitting etc!

Quote:
How much do you gain around TOM, on what day of the cycle does this happen, and on what day do you lose that excess weight after TOM?

Well, around when I was steady I would be at 52.5kg on a 'good' morning, 53 most of the time, and get up to 55kg on period. So that's about 6-7 pounds? You can see why scales were not good for my mental health!