Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 21:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'4"
BF:49/24/??
Progress: 0%
Default The whoosh fairy is hot?

I have recenlty been loosing weight really fast 1 - 2 lbs a day for the last 3 days, the one funny thing I have noticed is I am getting hot flashed, well not really hot flashed more like inferno flashes, it is as if my body is suddenly sweaty and very very very hot, forget about bed sheets at night, and please open the window makes me a very happy person.

I have read here about other people having these hot flashes and wonder is this just a phase that will peter out and the weight loss will slow down by next week? I love hot flashed as they save on the heating bill, haha.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 21:57
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%

Well, I know why I'M having hot flashes But then I'm almost 20 years older than you so it's for a different reason
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 23:04

Stats: 165/158/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 28%

I used to wake up sweating at night too. I haven't noticed it lately. I even had the Dr. check my hormones because I'm 43 and thought maybe the change is coming. Dr. said all the blood work looks normal and that I'm not going through the change

Your hot flashes may be your body burning the fat I used to take an herb to rev you up and it was kind of the same hot feeling.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 23:40
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccuffy
I love hot flashed as they save on the heating bill, haha.

Oh you bet they stay a while! They are a clear sign of ketosis and for some people the body temperature will be higher even in later stages of Atkins.

Good luck

Alina
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 12:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/173.5/150 Female 5'3 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hmmm...I must never be in ketosis then..lol...or at least not have that sign. I am always cold.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 15:24

Stats: 175/157/130 Female 5'2
BF:40
Progress: 40%

I don't ever get hot either but my breath is screaming ketosis I do however have problems sleeping sometimes and I know it's a result of an overabundance of energy due to this WOE. I used to be soooo sleepy all the time, I'm on some very heavy medications, muscle relaxants, Atkins has meant alot to my quality of life because I can now stay awake for more than 12 hours a day So I'll grin and bear the occasional bout of insomnia.

Cat
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 20:17
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Oh you bet they stay a while! They are a clear sign of ketosis and for some people the body temperature will be higher even in later stages of Atkins.

Good luck

Alina

And here I was blaming it all on menopause, hmmmm