Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 14:04

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 245/241/160
BF:
Progress: 5%

Carol - you old? NEVER!

Besides, the towel adds that air of mystery we love. Kind of like Atkid with his mask. (Hint, hint Kid!)

I'm starting slowly, gearing up for New Year's Day. Christmas chocolate - who invented that?! I just need to get rid of it, freezing it won't work in my house.

Everyone sounds like they are ready, willing and can't wait to start!

Lori
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 15:01
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Oh, Carol! We're NEVER too old for lust! Are you kidding me, girl!!! That's nature's way of letting us know we're still alive and healthy! Bring on the hunks!

As for my low-carb commitment --
1. I'll aim for 20 gr of carbs per day.
2. Eating more veggies.
3. Limiting dairy to 2 oz a day.
4. Limiting processed meats to zip, if possible.
5. Cutting waaaaaaay back on artificial sweeteners. Zero would be smart... but not so sure I can commit to that!
6. Exercising regularly... treadmill and starting a weight-lifting routine.
7. Drinking sufficient water.

I'll eat meat and veggies for dinner.
It'll surely make me much thinner.
I'll be lifting and hiking,
And much to my liking,
I'll be a loser... and, therefore, a WINNER!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 15:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Love Poems...

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol CA
I'll eat meat and veggies for dinner.
It'll surely make me much thinner.
I'll be lifting and hiking,
And much to my liking,
I'll be a loser... and, therefore, a WINNER!

Hey Carol CA, sounds like a plan to me...great seeing it in poem form...thanks for droppin' the "hunks" off over here too!

Just had to tell you, and all who read here, that I, being the night owl that I am, was sitting here at 2 am reading your journal...and "laugh, I thought I'd die"...tears were running down my face as I read about your beloved cat (and a good-lookin' fellow he is too!) But, as in need of some laughs as I was...I felt like a total idiot sitting here by myself, getting such enjoyment from your journal...It was certainly far more enjoyable than any movie I could have tuned into on the tube...lol Hope you get all your problems solved in the HAPPY NEW YEAR coming up...and I must say "gotta love that cat"...and you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“An inexhaustible good nature is one of the most precious gifts of heaven, spreading itself like oil over the troubled sea of thought, and keeping the mind smooth and equable in the roughest weather.”
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 16:15

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

My my it's amazing what the odd hunk wil do for us isn't it!!

I knew it would flush Ela out -- and how does that Atkid always know when we are talking about him ????? It's always SOOOO nice to see him....isn't it????

Jude, Lori Jo and Carol CA glad to see y'all here too!! Just gotta flatter that Atkid so he keeps returning!!

Carol sounds like you are getting very orgainised - well done!! (not so much of the 'old' stuff thanks) Those supplements 'll keep you going!!!

Ela - I'll give your goals the KISS too!!! Let's end the trend of failure shall we and surge forward with success!! All of us.

Lori Jo - Christmas Chocolate hmmm!!! isn't it a shame that chocolate makes you feel so good (for about 10 seconds) then I get either the guilts or an awful taste in my mouth and then the carbeffect - tired lethargic etc. Little squares of devil food!!!!
Have a good New Year!

Carol CA - So glad to have you aboard - I can see youare going to fit in really well around here - your goals look great! just a bit worried about the 'sufficient water' goal - let me know how it goes and I love your little poem and of course hunks are always welcome eye candy!!. You go girl!!! I'll have to avisit your journal too and have a laugh.

and Jude - I'm rooting for you girl

Now me!!

Well I decided to weigh myself yesterday (haven't popped on those scales since well before Christmas -- and I got EEEEEE on my digital scales -- not a good sign - that is an error overweight message. So I guess I'll know I have lost when it acatually gives me a weight - sad very sad!!!

I didn't drink enough ater yesterday so my mini goal is to drink more today

Hmmmm Anyway Food
A lamb chop for brekkie (cut off all the fat) 2 glasses of water

Now you chocoholics -- can't you get some sugar free chocolate for emergencies???? When I am in 'full swingn' I don't look twice at chocolate but in thefirst few fragile days/weeks if someone else is eatig it - I want some!!! or if an add comes onTV - I want some. I confess I had 1 yes only 1 small square of it last night.

Bye for now you losers!!!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 17:48

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default I'M here, I'm here, wait for me......

Hi fellow Fallen and can't get up 'em. I will not be getting back to the basics until after we have our Christmas and I find out just what is in that ''little velvet box''. So I figure since we will be having the McAdams Christmas on Jan. 03 that it will probably be the 5 or 6th no later than the 6th. But I am so ready to get back to low carbing.

I am/have been getting ready. I have reread my Atkins book, I have read the success stories and I have been looking up new recipes to try.
I do know one thing for sure that I have to do this time and that is get in more veggies. The salad once a day is just not cutting it.
I have really slacked up on my water drinking. So back to drinking a gallon per day, will be spending lots of time in the bathroom, LOL LOL. I am also getting out a pair of slacks that my rear does not fit into anymore, I will measure myself and yes I will weigh myself, but I will not be ''nailed'' to that scale. Gonna take my supplements, going to get back to exercising three times per week.

So here is my plan and I just know this is going to be the year we see some real losers....joan
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 18:06
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking What a Group!

Oh, Geeez... I KNEW someone would pick up on my sneaky terms like "sufficient" and "if possible". Thanks for keeping me honest, Wendye! Not specific enough, huh. Okay... I will commit to drinking a MINIMUM of 64 oz.. and I'll aim for 100 oz. GLUG GLUG SLOSH SLOSH FLUSH FLUSH! I don't mind water like I once did... but it's still a chore.

And Jude... You read my entire journal? You really did?! Wow! Lots of whining and bitching to wade through, huh? Glad you found the humor in it. The cat situation was so pathetic at the time... but sort of funny looking back on it. My diningroom looks like hell now. I'm thinkin' maybe Ophra's staff would take it on as a make-over challenge? It ain't gonna win no Better Homes & Gardens contests the way it is now... but hey... it doesn't stink anymore!

I started reading your journal last night... but didn't finish it. I'd just gotten started reading it this afternoon, and my power went out! Barring any more outages, I'll get through the rest of it before long. I'm enjoying your positive energy. Planning on tapping into yours to charge my own attitude battery!

I want to add MY thanks here, Wendye, for the nice welcome to the forum AND for starting this thread. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favorite and most important hang-outs this coming year!

Oh! I see Joan has arrived! Let the party begin!!!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 18:13

BF:

Yay Joan is here too!! Great to have you aboard the ever increasing red wagon - glad I got a big one!! See you after all the leftovers and caro caontriband has bee elliminated!!!

Quote by Carol CA
Quote:
GLUG GLUG SLOSH SLOSH FLUSH FLUSH!

I'm with you CCA - I find it hard to get the clear liquid down my throat too!!! Just gotta do it - I'll go and have one now!
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 20:22

Stats: 266/266/200 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally posted by Wendye
caro caontriband has bee elliminated!!!

Think you could do with cutting out the alcohol too, my fave gal from Oz.

#24   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 20:53

Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default LOL...

Quote:
Originally posted by Atkid
Think you could do with cutting out the alcohol too, my fave gal from Oz.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! I told you, our Masked Hero, that we "need you bad around here"..."to keep us happy"!

"My Wendye friend's lack of interest in spelling is just one more "thang" that endears her to me"! I think it indicates very high self-esteem...(and very fast typing fingers!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. That little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.”

~ W. Clement Stone

Last edited by heyjude607 : Sat, Dec-28-02 at 20:55.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 20:57

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 198/183/165
BF:
Progress: 45%

Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my,Oh my now those men are some beef cakes. Very LC because I can look but not touch (Hay Im married but not dead, LOL)

I will join in too.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 23:41

BF:

OK guys!!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Wendye theh by Atkid
caro caontriband has bee elliminated!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Jude
My Wendye friend's lack of interest in spelling is just one more "thang" that endears her to me"! I think it indicates very high self-esteem...(and very fast typing fingers

I'm only in kindergarten you know???? and ..... my little fat fingers type too fast for my poor little brain!!!!

I wish we had spell check in the forum - I don't have time to chekck every post or I'd never get anywhere in here -

mind you this one is not as bad as the famous "Can a dick swim" typo in Bebe's journal earlier in the year!!!

I am going well today - but don't want to get too cocky - I'll sure to fall off the perch ... I mean wagon!

Be kind!!!
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 23:52

BF:

Hi Gretchen good to have you aboard our big red LC wagon. How about a plan or a hunk from you?????

quote:
GLUG GLUG SLOSH SLOSH FLUSH FLUSH!
This was water Atkid Hang on while I put the empty booze bottles to one side. LMAO

Ah that's better!!

Jude: Luv your by-line quote -- I have changed it slightly to describe YOU!

Definition of Jude: “An inexhaustible good natured soul and a most precious gifts of heaven, spreading yourself like oil over the troubled sea of thought, and keeping the mind and your friends smooth and equable in the roughest weather.”

Anyone spell checking today???????????

Confession: The fresh bread on the kitchen bench was calling me all day - beckoning the way chocolate does Carol - did I give in ???- not the first time - Oh no......not the second or third time - Oh no......... but about the tenth time....yep!!

I have now put it in the freezer (wher I should have put it this morning) I can't see it or smell it in there!! I only had 1 slice - felt very guilty but it did not become a binge so I can be thankful for small mercies. I didn't give in and say "I've blown it now might as well have the whole loaf!"

I find the first few days really hard to stay on that wagon. Pull me back up guys ......thanks. I am going to bed before I eat anything else. I think you'd better strap me in!!!

I did pay penance by having 4 extra drinks..... of WATER!!!! what else??) Better make that clear in case Atkid comes back!!

See you all tomorrow - I'll not be on early I am going to the movies.

Last edited by Wendye : Sun, Dec-29-02 at 06:29.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 08:42

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default WElcome...

Gretchen, just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the ''WILD AND CRAZY'' place. Your Avaitar is beautiful.
As Wendye said give us your plan it maybe something that will help someone else out.
Again WElcome, and catch ya later...joan
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 08:48

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 322/290/200 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Pull me back up guys ......

I'm coming ol' girl... I've brought you more water to drink.

I have a hard time in the beginning too and I find that if I chug some water everytime I think of eating an illegal, it helps me fight it better. I begin to feel full after awhile and don't want anything.

Like my new costume. I wear it so people can't see I weigh almost 300lbs. Yes, I've dyed my hair since you last saw it, but this is only a glimps of the locks you'll be able to see once you reach goal. What was that goal poundage again?
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 10:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 198/183/165
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default question and my plan

Ok I am in need of some clarification here.

9. Have an understanding of shagging, rooting & thong-wearing

I know what thong-wearing is (I have about 6 pairs and am not afraid to wear them) but what is shagging and rooting???

1. My Plan:
Low Carb (under 30g per day);
Protein (minimum 75g per day)
dividing food into 6 small meals
80-96oz of water per day
taking my vitamins and supplements and
walk track at lake 3 times a week at 6am and gym 2-3 times a week

2. My Goal:
Lose 25lb by May 7th (my 9 year weddning anniversary)

3. I will track both food and fitness on fitday daily

4. I will take constructive advise from my list members and know that I am new at this and those that are more experienced will have more knowledge than I

5. I will take measurements monthly and weigh myself every Monday to track my progress