Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 07:55

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool How to be a successful Low Carber!

I have just had the pleasure of writing a synopsis of one of the LC books available to Low Carbers, namely Montignac's "Eat Yourself Slim".

I learned more about how to be a Low Carber by trying to interpret this author's writings, than by reading three books on this subject.

I could not skim over the pages if I was to write a clear representation of his plan. I found myself going over and over, each of the important sections until I was able to assimilate his in-depth thought.

I recommend to any member of this forum to write a treatise outlining any book that he is trying to follow and I guarantee that you will find yourself much more comfortable in applying this LC WOE and WOL.

Good Wishes to all that try
Joe
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 15:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm doing the same thing right now with Neanderthin. I even have the highlighter and post it notes out. I'm finding it pretty exciting reading a book this way and I'm remembering more rather than blanking out on certain sections that I find uninteresting. I second the recommendation.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 19:50

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool

Karen, I am so pleased that you have come to the same conclusions.

Am looking forward to reading your treatise on Neanderthin in the near future.

I was so excited about the results that I achieved by REALLY reading Montignac's EYS, that I went to the local library this morning and brought back all the LC books that they had on the shelves.

I ended up with ---
1 Renewing the Montignac book in case I need it for further references.
2. CA Lifespan Programme by Heller. (I already have Heller's CA Healthy Heart Program on my own book shelf.)
3. The PP Lifeplan by Eades
4. A Week in the Zone by Sears, which I read this afternoon and I am not impressed. You would have to own a grocery store to be able to eat according to his plan
5. The Top 100 Zone Foods by Sears. This book was published this year, and I wonder why? The same information appears in this hard cover book as in the pocket book of #4. He does have a very informative section in the appendix about "glycemic indexes". Maybe your friend would care to write something about the Zone.
6. The Fat Blocker Diet by Fox and Adderly. I have not opened the cover as yet.

I am hoping the comments that we both have made in this thread will flush out some additional lurking gifted writers.

Regards
Joe