Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 00:39

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 216/208.8/150 Female 65 inches
BF:mini goal 206
Progress: 11%
Question bake mix recipe??

HI I'M LOOKING FOR A RECIPE FOR A SWEET TREAT ( COOKIES OR MUFFINS). I BOUGHT SOME BAKE MIX AND MADE THE CHOCOLATE - PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES OFF THE ATKINS SITE. FOR THE $12 I PAID FOR THAT BOX OF MIX, THE BOX ITSELF TASTED BETTER THAN THE COOKIES. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OTHER THAN FOR ME TO THROW OUT THE MIX & EAT THE BOX?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 23:45

Plan: low carb - PP and my own
Stats: 222/209/162 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 22%

I know what you mean. I made some Pecan Sandies cookies from 500 Low-Carb Recipes (Dana Carpender) - instead of flour, it uses vanilla-flavored whey protein powder...that makes the texture slightly like sand and about as dense as concrete. They are ok with coffee, but I tell you, they are no temptation. I use them as protein supplements.

The same recipe book has some recipes for bake mix. One of the uses she advocates is "flouring" chicken for frying or baking. You might try that. Another is as a binder in casseroles. Recipes in the book:
Zucchini Pancakes, Yorkshire Pudding, Kim's Dutch Baby (a puffy, eggy, baked-pancake). I read them all and that's all I could find. I checked Drs. Eades Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook, and couldn't find any at all. If you are interested in any of the listed recipes, drop in to my journal and mention the recipe by name. I'll type it up for you.

Hope someone else can find more for you. Perhaps if this is Atkins mix, his books will have something.
Kathie