Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 04:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/221/210 Male 74"
BF:33/28/25
Progress: 82%
Default Best Man at Wedding this weekend

Started diet back at the end of May
Was about 19 stone but now down to 17.5
That includes a couple of weekends drinking larger
I did read atkins book and although out of 2 week period - tend to try and stick below 25g carbo each day and it seems to work.

Seem to be dropping roughly a pound a day - however from friday night and all day saturday will be drinking lots of beer...eating loads of carbs probably
then on sunday plan to go back on the diet

Does anyone know how badly this will affect me - someone at work has suggested that it will take a few days to go into ketosis but by wednesday i'll be lsoing weight again.
Any idea's?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d.jpg (7.7 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 04:21

Plan: Atkins / Protein Power
Stats: 215/152/150 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 97%

My advice is to go all out and enjoy your weekend without hesitation or guilt. But before you do that, commit 100% (put it in writing if you have to) that you will be back on the wagon come Monday morning.

It should take you about till Wednesday to be back into ketosis as carbs remain in the system for about 2 days. My other advice is to try not to weigh yourself till Wednesday morning at the earliest. You will likely put on a lot of weight over the weekend, but the great majority of it will be water weight. If you weigh yourself on Monday morning, what you see may be depressing enough to make you want to extend that weekend binge.

Also, if this is the first time you are going off of LCing, don't be surprised if you feel absolutely horrible when you eat carbs. The first time I went off after being on the Induction phase of Atkins for a while, I was nauseous, my stomach hurt and my face broke out in acne. It's a good reminder of what those carbs were doing to you.

Have a great weekend. Do not have regrets!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 01:24

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Enjoy the Wedding

Hi Mr Woking from Surrey

Timco has given you go advice for this weekend. Enjoy the wedding and I hope that you role as Best Man goes off without a hitch.

A couple of things, you may find that the alcohol affects you quicker than previously and therefore need to drink less. Excess carbs can make you feel awful, or so I've read, but I've not had a carb feast in 2 years, so I don't know. Whatever you do, do enjoy it, savour the moment.

Do get straight back low carbing the following day. You may find you are washed out with the excess carbs. Yes they will take several days to get out of your system and drinking lots of water will help this. You will certainly put on quite a lot of weight. Each molecule of carbs holds onto 4 molecules of water and hence you get a lot heavier, but as the carbs go the water goes to and so by the end of the week you should be on the downward path again. So the advice to not weight for a few days is a good one.

All the best and don't forget to tell us how the wedding went. I'll think of you when I'm looking after my 23 Brownies that I am taking away this weekend. Life is never dull.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 04:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/221/210 Male 74"
BF:33/28/25
Progress: 82%
Default It went well

Been on the carbs for 3 days now but as from today am back on the wagon - went really well and i ate loads of potatoes , bread etc !! loads of sweets last night

Managed to do it knowing full well i've got the willpower to go back on it as i';ve done today.... Going to be very strict for 3 weeks - under 20 g's a day and NO alcohol during that period...