Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 04:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Wow BLUE- I am so happy for you! I can also tell you it is going to be a whirlwind of fun and flutter now that you KNOW where and WHEN!!!! The timing for your house is perfect. I see it as selling almost the minute you put it on the market. So then there is the 30 day until close- so your timing is PERFECT!!!!
I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you. And yes I can tell you from experience for the nice arts there IS a WAITING list. When I gave my notice it was rented. 4 months in advance. I liked my apt too- except the lady upstairs. I am sure that your walls are thicker than the new builds. I have been in those older apts. They are BIGGER and better built. The walls are thick and they just "feel" better. They are also not as condensed.
In Ohio there is a community of senior apartments . They are spread out neighborhood style. They are units of 4. Anyway one of the buildings went up for sale and was bought- anyway to make a long story short- It was our first apt. When I got married. We were the young ones in the complex. They looked really hard at rented to people in their 20's. But they did. We were both in collage at the time. But I remember that apt very well. It was an older, study, well built apt. I loved it. So homey. It had built in's. I loved it. High ceilings, nice porch we would set outside at night. We made a ton of friends there too! We knew all our neighbors. They took us in as "kids"- kinda looked out for us! It was a very wonderful memory!!!! It was great. We only left when I got Pregnant and we needed more room and wanted a real nursery.

So Blue- I can just picture you in a similar situation there. It's a wonderful place to be. Less "stuff" and clutter in a lot of ways for you. It will be amazing for you to start a "freer" chapter!!! You deserve it. I love the idea of your hubby working at TJ's!!!!!!! OMG- he would have fun there. Most people love working there. Plus think of all the fun stuff there he could find and bring home!

I am very happy for you! Keep us posted! I can't wait to "go though this with you". Lordy knows you all went through 3 moves with me! THREE- Greenville, then the apt in All. Now here!!!

Lori- wow really really really free- I want to get there sooner than later! You have done SOMETHING right! I am hopeful to someday be in your situation!!!! Sooner rather than later!
GOOD FOR YOU!
What on the menu this week?

NIC- How are you feeling these days? Kinda worried about you !!!!! Dot or something please! Hope you are just busy!

TRIG- So you have until Friday to stay? Hummmmmm Hope it gets better! I know at least the weather suits you!!!!!
Goodness it has been a trip!!!!!!!!!!!- One you won't forget soon!
--------------------------------------------------------
Quickie on me- did a few minutes on the treadmill yesterday- and then did 18 flights of steps. I am so frekin SORE!!!!! My legs are in pain! Nothing like starting slow. Oh no - no me- jump in with both feet literally!!!!!!

Managable work this week. Next week I have a power point and presentation- then another paper - then out for 3 weeks. I no longer think in terms of calendar days but in project chunks. I am sure that BLUE can relate to that!

So a funny story- the boss is for the most part LEAVING me alone. She sits in her office day after day staring at the wall with her door shut. Most days she doesn't come out anymore. Staff has stopped asking about her. It is if she really is disappearing - she is there, but she is staring at the wall.
However she called me into her office yesterday via a IM. Ask if I had a minute for her. So in I go. She is sitting there in a stupor like stance. It was seriously weird. I was running what meds would do that to her- I was thinking it. But I just sat there until she slowly pulls out a 2011 journal magazine. She opens it and pushes items way. "Here she says, I know you have been working hard in school. I thought you might be able to use this". Thanks I say. So I am now looking at the article - it was a study on readmissions - she authored and published it. I was shocked. WOW- really you did this??????? I really was impressed.
You know she barely smiled- then she dismissed me just that fast. It was the WEIRED THING EVER. I passed by her office on my way out staring at the wall.
OK- I am not a big Mental Health guru here- but my god she is having a break down in front of all of us. I Almost feel sorry for her. ALMOST-

Oh well- gotta run- today is shrimp salad and tons of water. I am thirsty with all this heat!

ON plan!!!! Weight up - due to legs soreness- water. Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 05:10

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

OMG Blue! Your new apartment sounds simply perfect! I'm so happy that you have gotten that sealed up so you well and truly know where you're going. And a Trader Joe's across the street?? Awesome! I bet it does feel good to be starting again without all the "stuff" that we accumulate thru the years. My sister did the same thing when she sold her home and moved into an apartment....she loves it. Since you have a dog, were you limited as to what floor you could be on? I ask because at my sister's complex, all dogs are on the 1st and 2nd floors. Not sure why?

Nic...hope you're feeling better today. I can't imagine being dizzy for days on end. Talk about miserable!

Trig.....hope your day starts better than yesterday! It can't be worse, can it? Has the weather at least been good? Our weather is awful, rain and more rain and flooding all around us. So many people who have never had water issues now have their houses with 2+ feet of water in them. So sad.

Jaz...hope your hips are not too sore this morning. Be careful doing too many steps right off the bat. Sore hips are no joke. Better to take it easy and slowly build up your time/mileage.

Speaking of mileage, I may go out for a run/walk today....watching the weather. I'm also thinking about going to Aldi and looking around. Did you know that Aldi is the parent company of Trader Joe's? We don't have a TJ, but we have Aldi about 8 miles from here. What I really want is some of that TJ Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. I don't suppose Aldi will have it, but it is so darn expensive on Amazon I thought I'd check.

I'm doing good with my "eating window" plan. This will be day #5. I will weigh again on Friday and see if I've made any progress with the weight loss. I believe it really has reduced my appetite. I find I'm eating a lot less than I do when I start eating first thing in the morning.

Have good days!
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 09:32

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one

feasting on for lunch, almost 12 here now.....

ton of scrambled eggs with melty cheese
a good bit of bacon YUM
1/2 NY strip steak in Cajun seasoning

omg so good and enjoying the heck out of THIS feast

to ocean or not to ocean today, that is the question, I think Barcardi will make the decision for me HAHA

miss ya'll
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 13:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi guys, I am here! Sorry I fell so far behind. Sunday was BAAAAD with vertigo. Dizziness is one thing but true vertigo is quite another. I had two attacks and the second one scared me so bad I was almost hysterical. Very very minor one during the night Sunday night that I was able to stave off.

DD23 has been a total gem. She did all the driving, taking DS16 all the way to camp and then also taking DS19 to his GF's house for a concert they were going to be seeing. DH stayed with me.

Monday morning DD23 came right back over in the early AM bc DH was going into DC and she didn't want me to be alone. We decided to try a maneuver called the half-somersault maneuver. I spread a blanket and put a trash can out so if I puked we could save the carpet (lol) and then we did it. Waited 15 minutes and did it again. And it worked! I had to wait until last night to be sure because it is the motion of laying down that really does me in, and there were no problems. YAY!! My right ear is STILL ringing since last Wednesday so I do need to make an appointment to see an audiologist but the dizziness (manageable) and the vertigo (not manageable) are gone. So yay for that.

Other than that, I have been CRAZY busy the past couple of days. DD has these two days off of work so yesterday we pounded out all kinds of errands, mostly wedding related. And I switched my dress. We got her a veil, went to a florist, got ring bearer gifts etc etc. DH, DD and I went out to dinner - my only meal thus far not on plan. Back on track today though so minor slip. She ended up staying the night because she also then drove DS19 to his dentist appointment this morning while I took Emerson to get new tires. Turns out that even though the treads are great the inside of the tires have dry rot from the elderly couple who owned him. So I took the car out to Costco and got that done. In half an hour DS19 and I are going to pick up DH's car from being repaired from his accident, then back home for a couple of hours before I drive him back to college. I'll see him again in a couple of weeks for the wedding! EEeek!

Going to post this so I don't lose it and then will hit up reading what is up with all of you guys. Didn't want to worry anyone!
  #110   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 14:14

BF:

Cause of vertigo- I think it happened from fluid in my ear from the flight, combined with goofing off early Sunday I had my head upside down and then rolled sideways and BAM! I moved the little positional crystal thing out of its home and into the fluid.

Blue- So glad you are enjoying racking up the Kindle books. Like you said, it's the library so no loss if you can't get to them. I just returned one library one that didn't do it for me- I could tell the violence was going to be too much for me right now. Are you getting the Bookbub emails yet? I just picked up an Elizabeth Berg for 1.99. I love her! I am reading a book called "Digging In" right now.

I am SO FREAKING THRILLED for you about your new apartment. Absolutely THRILLED. You are going to be so happy and I think really satisfied with the new move, new start, new beginning. You have loved your house so much and it has loved you back so much as well, and now you guys are moving into really enjoying this new chapter with new FREEDOMS GALORE. You are READY, my friend!!!

I also loved reading about the process of how you guys have gotten "rid" of stuff. Excellent! I too am not a fan of having a yard sale. It was fun on occasion when the kids were little- they loved to "help" and we would go for a day at Hershey Park in exchange but those days are long gone. I will list things on our neighborhood database, often free but occasionally for cheap and then most goes to Goodwill.

Jaz- That is too freaking weird about your boss. It does sound like a breakdown, or she's in there drinking or something. Kind of scary, in a way. Hope she doesn't "go postal."

LOL over the taxidermy guy! I swear you really meet some characters!!

How'd the treadmill feel? Is it good quality? Are you happy with it?

Lori- LOL over your DH taking the remote and then falling asleep! I could picture it!

I am so glad you are enjoying not working and having free time. It was a great transition for you from leaving full time work but now you know you can easily fill your time and enjoy relaxing! And Good job staying on plan five days!

I love Aldi. It is a different type of place- you put a quarter in for your cart but you get it back, you bag your own stuff etc but it is a great deal and most of the stuff there is exactly the same as the name brand but you aren't paying for the advertising, cart clerk, baggers etc. Most of the stuff is yummy too.

OMG Trig!!! That is crazy about the dead man!! Did you ever find out what happened?? If you aren't leaving until Saturday then you still have a bunch of time there. Get thee into the ocean!!

I think I've covered most of my news. Had all my kids around and that was nice. This has NOT been the summer of no kids, but that is coming soon enough and it won't really end when it does, so I can wait.

OH- Bella has been NAUGHTY lately and is sometimes peeing in the house. Not often but also without cause as far as I can tell. So we are making her wear a dog diaper cover thing for a while to break her of it and she HATES IT SO MUCH. She doesn't even want to walk with it on. Too bad for her.
  #111   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 18:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals!

Nic---SO glad to hear from you. Was a bit worried. And girl, you absolutely crack me up! Trying to imagine you "goofing off upside down." Hmmmm. You are just funny in the best ways, even when the chips are down. And you have a way of phrasing things that often makes me giggle and I love it.

So sorry you had to suffer near hysteria till you tried the "half summersault maneuver" puke pail on hand. Am curious about what a half summersault is all about.

But just happy it worked. I HATE being dizzy. And from those I've heard about who have suffered w/vertigo, dizzy doesn't begin to describe it. And may I just say, after all that, the list of things you've gotten done despite it all puts me in awe. OMG, I sometimes feel like a buttercup compared to you gals!

Not getting Bookbub e-mails. Could swear I signed up, need to check my spam e-mail account which I use whenever I buy something. Perhaps I put that one down. Frankly, don't know which end is up on so many things these days. Being overwhelmed is not your friend when it comes to the details.

Oh, and I too LOVE Elizabeth Berg. Have you ever read "The Pull of the Moon?" so gorgeous. Thanx for reminding me of her. I need to see what the library has by her on kindle, as soon as I catch up with what I already have.

Trig---YES! You've got the idea! Make that decision after a nip, LOL. Gotta say though, the jelly fish thing would have me very wary. For me, there are few things I love more than being on the beach in front of an ocean, or walking along letting the waves wash over my feet. But to be honest, I usually don't go in very deep, I'm happy at about thigh to waste level, then float on my back and let the waves roll gently over me. Although, those jelly fish like the same shallow waters I do. How is kiddo doing? All recovered?

Jaz---Oh man, that boss of yours! From a distance, I have room to feel sorry for her, as long as she's not hurting you. Which seems like she's too out there right now to do. Wow, what a bizarre scene you described. Like something from a Lifetime movie, LOL. Sounds like either some very strong meds, or a break down of sorts.

My mom had several break downs. People often don't really understand what this means, but in short, it means inability to function normally. Many things can cause it, but it is often as physiological as it is psychological, or a mix of both. But despite the many psychological issues some people deal with, they can still function. Your boss sounds to me like she is at the edge of the cliff. It is sad that no one is there to pull her back.

And it is as crazy as she is right now that she is allowed to stay in that job. Honestly, in my long career as an independent contractor, crawling in and out of one business after another, I don't know that I've ever seen anything like this.

And OMG gal, the taxidermist. NO, NO, NO! That thing is super creepy to me. Lord, you've got the stories! Can't wait till Charleston. We gals are going to have a blast sharing things it takes too long to do here. Really. Cannot. Wait.

Lori---Haha on the hubs w/the remote. I hear you sister. Sometimes I try to grab it and he's not quite out yet, and will open his sleepy eyes and say "I'm watching this!" I just smile sweetly and say, "oh, sorry." Five more minutes and the remote is mine.

K-mom--- Yep, still missing you. Hope you are doing well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have gassed on enough about me in my last posts, so tonight it's all about you guys. I cannot thank you all enough for your encouraging words and thoughts over this last difficult year, and for all your happy words for us and our future new life in our new apartment. I just felt so embraced by all of your best wishes for us. It has meant SO MUCH TO ME.

Love you all. Really do. Talk about y'all often and people are kind of amazed at our closeness and the fun we have fighting bad habits. There is no one close to me in my life that doesn't know about my pals on my LC forum!

And to think, we all came together over our carb hound issues, and we'll stay together over those, as they ain't going away. But there has been much more. So much more.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Aug-14-18 at 18:44.
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 19:12

BF:
Progress:

Oh, and Lori---

E-mail me your address, and I will pick you up a couple jars of "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning from Trader Joe's and send it along. Easy peasy. Seriously, this stuff if GREAT. Easy to season almost anything with because it's all there in one bottle.

Please, really, do this. It would give me great pleasure to share this with you, then you can decide what it's worth. And yeah, it is expensive on Amazon. But I am so hooked on it now, don't know if I'd let that stop me.

So question is, am I doing you a favor or not. Still, I would really like to do this for you.
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 04:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

GOOD MORNING GAL PALS!!!!!!

It is 5:45 here and I have a huge piece of salmon in the oven, eggs boiling, and coffee in my cup! I am golden for the day!

First and foremost- OMG NIC- NIC NIC!!!!! - I hate to be dizzy. I had true Vertigo one time in my life it was the WORST!!! I can't fathom what you just went though. I couldn't lift my head off the pillow without puking. How did you do a summersault? How did you hear of doing something like that? Does this happen to you often? OMG- I am glad you are going to see someone! I know that "older" I mean- OLDER- people are more vulnerable to it- but you????? I know it's a fluid shift.
AND WAIT------ You changed out your dress?????? DETAILS DETAILS!!!! Help me with the date- Sept?
I am so glad you are feeling better!!!!!! I was worried!!!!

BLUE- I am still smiling over your post yesterday! I am SO SO happy for you. As a matter of fact- I will need your addresss again SOON! - I love the spices at TJ's. I am blessed to have one across the street from where I work. I go there sometimes on my lunch hour and just browse.
So a lady I spoke with in the tomato isle at the grocery was telling me that TJ- just came out with a cauliflower "noodle"- WHAT!!!! I need to check that out. although it won't be today. I am in a meeting from 9-3 with a working lunch.

Yes to comment- I really think M is on the ledge. I wish I had it in me to help her. To see her stare at nothing on the wall has well now become "her normal"- we walk by her glass walls and just keep on walking. I really think it might be meds/ break down? Both? I took a really hard look at her yesterday- she has also put on about 20 pounds and her eyes are puffy. She is also pulling out her hair- I am not kidding. Her trash can had a wad of hair from where she pulls it. I ask her once months ago when we had a wine after work day, if she though about retiring. Her response was "oh NO and sit around with HIM all day? NO WAY"- So I know her home life isn't great either. It is like watching a train wreck and letting it happen.

OMG- the Taxidermy guy- OMG- I can't wait to tell you about that one!!!! I dated him like 3 maybe 4 months. He was a trip! Yes- this story deserves a glass of wine and a sunset!!!!! You know what is funny- both he and my both drive the same exact SUV's!!!! - Gold Lexus HAHAHA

So I know you are over the moon with your new digs coming your way! I can't wait to hear all about it! Are you taking your rugs? you need to take enough of your stuff and mix it with new to still feel like you! When you are surrounded by the mix of old and new it's a great balance! Will your Hammock fit on your patio? So really happy for you!

LORI- Take BLUE up on the spice!!!!! It's like 3 bucks at the store! I use that spice too!!!! I also use it on EVERYTHING!!! I don't know what I would do without my TJ's. - I have been to Aldi's- it's ok. Not my favorite place. It is like a carb haven. I will say though when I had the kids home- and they ate snacks, that place is great for families on a budget. I shopped there all the time there.
But now I am past that phase of my life and can go to a butcher, and or a seafood counter. That is where I eat from now anyway. Both places do serve a purpose.

OMG- you aren't kidding about hurting hips. They BOTH hurt. Steps are no joke. I think I am going to pass on working out today. I MIGHT walk- but I am sore. I did too much to fast!
I love the FUNG theory. Makes total sense to me. The studies back it up too! You just keep on keep in with that!!!! I am right there with you!!!!

Are you getting any TEE time these days?

TRIG- You hung in there and and are eating steak and drinking rum- YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!! Wow- impressed. How is the kiddo? Still hurting?
well enjoy your last couple days and shake it off and find some new spots!!!!!
---------------------------------
Gotta run- not much you all don't know about on my end. same party different day. doing ok on WOE- still could do better.
Ok!
  #114   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 05:16

BF:

Good Morning!

My plan to get up and go for a run before heading to the dentist has flown out the window. I overslept. The cat got me up at 3:30 and I went back to bed and was sleeping soundly when I should have gotten up. Oh well. 9AM dentist and then whatever. I think today is Aldi day as I didn't go yesterday due to lots of rain and t-storms in the area. Today is supposed to be dry...Hallelujah!

Tomorrow I'll have to get up and ready early as I'm going golfing with a group of gals from the club. Our course is not open, but we're traveling to a course about an hour from here. It's always fun to go to a different course to play. One of the girls has a big vehicle that will carry 4 of us and all our gear so we can travel together. She's picking me up at 6:45AM!

So Trig...did Bacardi decide to go to the beach yesterday or not? Hope it was a fun, sunny day!

Nic...I am interested in that half somersault move too. Which half? I'm trying to picture being able to stop halfway thru! Whatever, just glad it worked for you and hope the vertigo stays away! Great to have your DD to be there with you.

Jaz....your boss sounds like she is on the verge of a major breakdown. Does she have a husband and family around? It is about half scary the way you describe her just sitting and staring.

Hope your hips feel better today and that you can do some walking on your new toy.

Blue....I loved what you said about our little group being much more than LC support. It is so true. When I log on each morning and sit here sipping my coffee, it is like having coffee with my girl friends. I, too, am so anxious for Charleston. We will start with morning coffee and go right thru to evening drinks just laughing and talking. Thanks too for offering to send me that seasoning. I have sent you an email.

This afternoon DH is going to pick up our grandsons, aged 15 & 8. They will be with us for a couple days. DH will take them and our son and his son to the Little League world series games that start tomorrow. The LL complex is about 25 miles from us. I have a feeling that I've told you all this already? Oh well...I'm getting old and forgetful.

Time for 1 more cup of coffee before hitting the shower. Hugs to you all!
  #115   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 05:35

BF:

Nicco, wow on that vertigo. My MIL has it and it totally stops here dead in her tracks. She said it is a life stopper for sure. She has a lie on the bed, head over the edge maneuver that works but she also has medicine. She gets hit more than her share on that. Sorry you got nailed! Glad you are on the mend and doing so much better

hey guys, quickie again

yesterday the Bacardi did get me into the ocean hubby and I swam a good bit. so nice. very hot here. the rum did make me swimmy-headed LOL with the heat and swimming those bigger waves HeeHeeHee

got home and we didn't want to cook, I was not hungry so hubby got Chinese for themselves. I ordered teriyaki chicken sticks and teriyaki beef sticks. YUM....the sugary taste hit me like a freight train and ya know what....I loved loved loved it HAHA but I only ate that and no cravings at all so I call it a win/win for me.

kiddo would not do beach...sat in rv all day doing Xbox and phone and computer and she was happy as a clam doing just that.

didn't shop...will do that today. hit road, goof off out there and spend money. will try to keep wallet closed more than open tho HA

hubby and I walked beach a very long way checking out new umbrella selections. We like Sport-Brella. XL size We only saw 3 of those but they were like far superior to the other smaller beach umbrellas that everyone has...I now want one for sure

off I go....starting another beach day, ahhh, poor me LOL

you know tho, I am kinda in that ready to go home zone tho

when I get home I have 2 weeks booked at Edisto Beach. gonna cancel one week since kiddo is now not a huge beach lover anymore she told me.....will use that other week and book a mountain trip with a nice lake somewhere....thinking Ohio, Virginia or Pennsylvania maybe....eh, have to hit the internet and find a point of interest for us.

blabbering here
back from walking dog and everyone else is sleeping so kinda in a no zone of being quiet....will check in later guys....have a fab day
  #116   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 09:30

BF:

Blue- YES I LOVE Elizabeth Berg! She is a beautiful writer and I fall into her stories so easily. She has her finger on the pulse of the emotions of living. And I also love Anne Tyler, who to me is a similar writer but on an even slower scale. Her stories unspool so gently that they border on slow but they are also so rich in depth and perception of the human condition.

And awww, I'm glad you feel hugged and loved. I think I can speak for us all when I say the same. And you are very lovable!

Jaz- No, this is my second time having vertigo. I do need to see an audiologist as I know I have ear issues anyway.

The dress- I was with my DD at the bridal shop looking at veils with her, when this dress caught my eye. It was just a good match, I could tell by looking at it that it would cover up problem areas, be flattering and be cooler temp-wise than the other one. So I tried it on, it worked, I bought it and it is being hemmed.

Hmm, a cauli noodle? I wonder how that would be. I bet it is blended with flours and such. Many of the cauli-combo stuff out there in stores is. Higher carb than we would expect!

Sorry about your sore hips. I have the same tendency to do too much. It is hard to go slowly, especially when you are excited to get started!

Lori- I overslept too and far later than you! Hope your dentist appointment went well. DS19 just had three cavities filled yesterday- his first in a very long time. He was so mad because he is finally flossing regularly and he got cavities. Just bad timing I guess.

You guys are so good about being wonderful grandparents. We have good grandparents for our kids but none have been involved like you guys have. I see it much more in this generation of grandparents. I want to be fun and involved but I do NOT want to be the caregiver. I have made that very clear to my kids!

Trig- LOL over the teriyaki. It sure is good, isn't it? I know exactly what you ordered, I have had that as well. Yum! Glad it didn't trigger anything more for you and you could just enjoy it as a treat.

I think the combo of beach trips and mountain/lake trips sounds just marvelous. When are those two weeks at Edisto Beach booked for? The Blowing Rock area might be a really nice place to visit. Less busy than Asheville.

••••••••

Okay, so the half somersault maneuver is basically sit back on your heels on the floor, head tilted back to ceiling. Then head down to ground, chin tucked, like you are going to somersault. Hold. The turn head toward affected side looking at elbow. Hold. Then head halfway up to table position, still turned. Hold. Then sit up, head turned. Hold. Done. Each step basically makes the world spin so that holding is no fun at all. But you are basically manually moving the little crystal thing around in the ear fluid and then dropping it back where it belongs.

So I'm about to finish up an unplanned 24 hour dirty fast. Didn't really intend it but sort of fell into it. I didn't have breakfast per usual and then had a bunless burger out at the outlet mall around 12:30. It was burger meat, cheese, bacon (2 strips), avocado, fried egg. An LC dream! After I ate that I was SO FULL that I didn't want to eat and by the time I was thinking about eating I was taking DS19 to college and coming home. Arrived home almost 9:30 PM and I was like, screw it. But I'm meeting a friend for lunch today at noon, so I don't really want to eat anything for breakfast, so I'm skipping that. Decaf yesterday afternoon/evening and a coffee this morning. Helped that I slept late bc I was up a lot during the night. Oddly, I'm not any hungrier than I would normally be around 11 AM.

Cleaning crew here today for the first time in a month. And when they come two weeks from now they will come in the morning and my first out of town company will be here that afternoon. Timing couldn't be better. One less stressor on my list! I can't believe the wedding is just a little over two weeks away now. Just crazy!

Scheduled a chiropractor visit for this afternoon to get my neck and shoulder worked on. Way too tight for way too long has limited my range of motion.

Guess that is about it from me!
  #117   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 15:43

BF:

WORST BUFFET EVER since coming to myrtle beach in my 25 yrs of doing so

crab legs, cold and super duper salty to the max, soft mushy shell and meat-- yuk
prime rib, if you can call it that? was it really? not sure HA
every other thing on the buffet was cold
the 'fresh shrimp' was almost rotten and the peel would barely come off....

and to top it off hubby got chocolate pudding that went sour and rancid. the look on his face when he put a big old spoonful into his mouth

omg just horrible what we paid for this slop....and all for just $105 for food.....$11 in tax.....only gave $10 in tip cause all they did was give us 1 refill on a drink that cost ---get this---$3.49 per glass for tea.

went early, way to early cause kid was starving....glad dinner is now over with LOL

time to come home if ya ask me
  #118   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 17:21

BF:

Ugh Trig this is NOT the trip of your dreams for sure. That sucks!
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 22:13

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Trig---I generally don't trust buffets. There are some good ones here and there but generally the food is at best mediocre and it's not that cheap. I've often had better meals for less at a good diner or Asian restaurant.

3.49 for a glass of iced tea?!?! Not to mention the rest of the food was terrible and it cost over $100 for the three of you?!?! Without any booze?!?! Obscene and sounds like Myrtle Beach is one big tourist trap. YUCK. Well we live and learn, although like you, this would seriously piss me off.

So you finish your vacation there and enjoy it as best you can. Whole thing sounds like somewhere that would just drive me crazy. Good news is, you know you'll never go back there. And you have great skills at finding better places.

Nic---Thanks for the semi summersault description. Sounds easy but hard, but at least it worked.

I just LOVE that you found a dress that you feel better about! I know you'll share pix of the event, so I won't ask for any further details. Just want you to feel comfortable and pretty at your daughter's wedding. Because you are pretty!!! And as the mother of the bride, you don't need to be the star, but you need to feel good about how you look. YAY on the new dress!

Lori---Fun for you on a new golf course! Glad it is drying up there a bit for you. We are the opposite. Days and days of no rain and everything is turning brown. Hot, sunny and humid every day, and I hate it. I wouldn't like 3 weeks of rain, and I don't like three weeks of sunny and hot. I love changes in the weather and get really ornery when they don't happen.

LOL, not to mention all the work on the house we're doing in the extreme heat and humidity and burning sun. Was telling a pal, it's kind of like being pregnant at the worst time of the year to be carrying a big load.

Jaz---Really?! Boss is pulling her hair out?! Now, I can empathize with that feeling because I've had it too---haven't we all in stressful times---s but I don't do it. OOOOO boy.

Good news is, seems you are highly respected in your company, and you can only take care of your own stuff and reputation. I know you don't love this job, and I also know it pays the piper for now. But girl, you WILL have other choices, maybe sooner than later if necessary.

I just have every faith in your abilities in a field that is only growing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gads, what a day. Can't even go into the details, lets just say that the decisions now about what we fix, repair and replace are huge. We almost got talked into something neither hubby or I feel comfortable with, and it's a long story I won't bore y'all with.

Just simply to say, we are STILL in real estate hell. Will be that way for awhile.

Meanwhile, I'm hating my extra pounds! HATING THEM. I just need to get past this all, and can't wait to be more settled in our new lives, WITH a work out room, and WITH time and freedom to do better on the woe.

But, y'know my dear pals, this thread is not about only the times we succeed. It is about all of our ups and downs. It is not just about a daily woe report. But it IS about our desire to do better.
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-18, 03:08

BF:

Good Morning!

4:39AM......BAT IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!! I heard something making a noise at our window screen and I knew the cat was outside...it couldn't be her. I said "Jack, what IS that?" He roused and I said "Do we have a bat?" Yep...just then it circled our room. ACK!!!!! He quickly got up and threw open our window screen and then he went into the bathroom. We never saw the bat again, so hoping it went out the window. How would I know? My head was under the covers!! What a time to have a bat when our grandsons are here. I haven't heard any screaming, so guess it's not in their room! I'm soon going up to get ready for my day of golf, so I'll keep my head down and keep a look out. God I hates bats!

Other than that....nothing going on! I ended up with an extended eating window yesterday. I just was so hungry last night at 8 o'clock, that I knew I wouldn't sleep, so I ate a few slices of a "buttery" cheese that I got at Aldi. I forget the name, it is an imported cheese and is said to have a "buttery" taste. I guess it does.....it's very good. I'm going to play golf fasted today and see how I do. I really don't want to eat anything this morning. Trying to break that habit. Not sure what the scale will say, but I'm feeling thin.

Ok..time to jump in the shower and go look for a bat. Hope your morning starts off calmer than mine!

Later!
Closed Thread