Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 15:33
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default eggs for breakfast

I've started reading the CALP book again and trying to really get into the spirit of CALP since with my weight fluctuations I don't feel like I'm losing although the average is slowly going down.

What I read so far, is that their plan is high-fiber vegetables combined with protein for CM. If you want to be a strict CALPer is it wrong to just eat eggs. And if you know why, can you explain it to me?
thanks Nancy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 07:37

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

sorry I dont , but wait anxiously for the answer, as eggs for brekky set me off starving !

I just wanted to say though, that if your average is slowly going down, thats the best news.....just picture yourself 6 months from now....adding it all up will be great.
I know from my past that weight lost quickly will go back on just as quickly LOL, so please feel encouraged by your results
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 07:53
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Nawchem
I can't see anything wrong with having just eggs for breakfast. But will it be enough for you? What the Hellers meant is that having high fiber veggies with protein fills you up for fewer calories than would be required on protein alone. When you add fat to it, the food stays with you even longer. If you look at the breakfast plans, unless they have an omelet, veggies are rarely eaten for breakfast. Aside from breakfast, the high fiber rule should be adhered to for the reasons I've stated. Actually, I wouldn't say high fiber per say but veggies.

I often have veggies for breakfast just to get them in.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 10:40

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Eggs

Nancy, do you like eggs over easy with hashbrowns? Make cauliflower hashbrowns, they actually taste wonderful. I usually fry some cabbage, add a few mushroom pieces, then eggs and scramble. If my husband is cooking there are added herbs - basil, parsley, garlic. He's much more interested in eating than I am. You could use other vegetables.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 13:22

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

BASpider, that sounds sooo yummy!

Nancy,
I have eggs for breakfast EVERY day! Lol, but that is mostly cause I justlove eggs. I usually cook up three eggs and I am set for another 5-6 hours at least.

Surprisingly enough, my cholesterol has lowered a smidgen since I've gone on this woe (it was perfect to begin with). EVERYONE including the dr. (I know I am supposed to listen to him) told me that eating eggs everyday will raise it, but so far, nada.

Am I the exception? Or is the myth about eggs wrong?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 13:51
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I think the myth about eggs is a myth.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas. I finally broke down and bought the CAD book which is making the plan clearer to me.

Plum- thanks for pointing out the long term view. After reading Atkins book and seeing some peoples results I've been too hyped up to want to lose 5lbs everyweek.

Zule-ya know I never thought of the calories, I guess I'm truly a lowcarber now.

Spider- thanks for idea, I have never bought cabbage but I will definitely try it out.

Luv-you've lost so well with just the eggs, that's reassuring.