Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 15:48

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%

cutting starch out an dcarbos out, like breads/ pastas, cereals kille dmy bingeing habbits, that stuff makes me hungry and munchie
hows the food combinign going ladies
things are good. i have no gas/bloating problems lately.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 15:56

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hey Ptouch, Gem

Doing well. Haven't been on the scale for awhile but feel tons better. Digestion is great!! Bye bye bloat!
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 04:39

Plan: keto
Stats: 230/218/150 Female 5'5"
BF:have/no/idea
Progress: 15%

Hello ladies! I am doing really good, but today started my TOM, so I am staying away from the scale. I have had more energy. Cravings haven't been too bad. There have been a couple of nights that I wanted dessert, but had a cup of green tea instead. ( oh I learned the hard way, green tea is not decafinated unless it specifically says so!) The kids have been enjoying all of the fresh fruit in the house. ( I always bought fresh fruit for the kids, even when I was on Atkins, there is just more of it this time of year)
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 06:40

BF:

Hey guys

I'm down 4 lbs. since I started eating this way - which includes fruit - yipeee. I think this is going to work for me.

I know what you mean Gem - no cafeine for me after breakfast.

See ya soon
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 11:48

Plan: 50 carbs or less per day
Stats: 210/197/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Food combining

I started somersizing about a week and a half ago. I was on Weight Watchers for a few weeks and lost 18 pounds, but I really wasn't eating all that healthy. I ate way too much sugar, and I would starve myself most of the day so I could have a satisfying dinner. During the time that I was starving, of course, I was cranky.
Now that I'm somersizing, I feel great...really great! I've lost another 2 pounds, my digestion is great - so much less gas and tummy aches. I am eating what I'm allowed to eat. Usually small fruit smoothie in the morning, then shredded wheat and skim milk an hour later, then 3 or 4 hours later I eat a pro/fat/veggies lunch and the same for dinner. I keep all my carb eating in the morning. Once I have my first pro/fat/veggies meal, that's the only type I will eat for the rest of the day.
I haven't cheated at all. My sugar cravings have gone down drastically, I am never "starving", and I don't "pig out" all day. I don't want to weigh myself too often, because weight can fluctuate for so many reasons. I'm thinking once every two weeks should be fine.
It's funny - people who are trying to lose weight through strict calorie reduction have actually gotten angry at me for eating this way. They say things like "there's no way you can lose weight if you eat like that", "I can't believe you're not doing Weight Watchers anymore, you're going to gain back every pound you lost". Or even, "You know I'm trying to diet, why do eat things like that in front of me?". Really strange! My body, my way of eating, my business. lol

Okay, I tend to ramble. I'll keep everyone posted on how I am doing.

Tracy

Last edited by TraciLee : Tue, Jun-06-06 at 11:51. Reason: need to change a word
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 14:20

yea i love what i've learned about sugar. it's great, do all u guys read the books? yes stay away from any sort of caffeine, read th epart in the book about how caffein messses up your insulin and opens u up to absorbing fat.. don't quote me on that but it's something like that...

my digestion is def great now, no stomach aches, no bloating, gas etc... no incessant burping, that's what i love bout it..... right now all i gotta do is just up my cardio to burn my fat off....

do you guys eat cream cheese.? i think as far as the book says, it' sokay, as long as there's no sugar and no starch fillers

does anyone know about modified food starch, i assume that's a no no

does any on eknwo if STABILIZERS (guar gum and mung bean extract) are okay? i see it in my cream cheese.

Last edited by ptouch : Tue, Jun-06-06 at 14:26.
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 14:55

So far, I will only eat fruit in the morning, I don't want all that extra carb before bed. No carb cravings yet I still have one cup of coffee in the AM (only vice, sorry can't give that one up!) I haven't had a carbo meal yet. I was looking for a FF cheese without added fillers and starch, but couldn't find one last night at path mark. I was thinking a whole grain bread with melted ff cheese for breakfast. oh well!
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 19:51

maybe try decaf? coul dyou be addicted to the taste? she says to try decaf.... i haven't had really carbo meals this week, they make me hungry . last week i had oatmeal and it sucked cuz i was hungry but had to wait 3 hours before i could eat the next meal of protein. i just tend to stay away... fat free cheese is considered a carbo, i haven't found ricotta....i feel lik eit wouldn't satiated me if i did it.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 19:57

Plan: 50 carbs or less per day
Stats: 210/197/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:

Boy I am mad. I made this great casserole with hamburger, spinach, mushrooms, onions, sour cream and cheese. Really good, completely level one. I had some for dinner last night and some for lunch today. I also made some mashed cauliflower that included sour cream. Very tasty. Then, I read something about starch fillers in some foods, so I read the label on the cheap sour cream that I bought. Starch filler, quar gum...ack, all sorts of other things. I should have read the label at the store, I just wasn't thinking. I know it won't kill me, but I've been so conscientious about what I've been eating, and then I see that. I have leftover casserole, but I'm not going to touch another bite of it. And no more cheap sour cream, lol. I guess that will teach me to never assume what is in a food...always read the label.
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-06, 05:48

Tracilee, was it one of the last ingredients, if so, it may have only had trace amounts, so it would not likely cause an imbalance. Ptouch, it is all about the caffeine with me and my one cup of coffee. I used to drink 6-8 cups a day!! I have gone through withdrawl detoxining from caffiene for weeks actually, but I quit smoking almost 2 years ago, and I don't drink, so I can live with my one cup. However, down the line, when I am close to goal weight I may cut it out BUT only if I stop losing Have a great day everyone, I gotta leave for work!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-06, 07:25

BF:

Hey guys - glad that this thread is active.
Welcome to the boards Traci.
I'm still drinking a mug of tea then switch to decaf.
Went to dinner and carbed out last night. Paid for it all
night but I didn't want to be a pain-in-the-butt guest.
Back to Combining today.
Why do I think guar gum is ok for LCing - something
I read or heard? I think there are threads on it - I
think I'll search it.
I'll be gone for a bit but will be back soon.
Keep up the good work
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-06, 14:26

yea i got this artichoke dip from trader joes and it had guar gum at the end too. hmmmm... not good i think... someone find out!

i made this egg fritata so yummy: modified from suzanne sommer's spnich bread

preheat oven 400 deg.
butter a glass tray or baking tray,
just mix 4 eggs with pepper, wahtever seasonings you want like dill, curry powder, pepper, garlic, oregano, cilantro, with a bag of spinach that is boiled and drained and chopped up

add some cheese, bacon bits, and put in oven 400degrees for 15 minutes. whallah

i ordered sommersweet of suzannesommers.com, and i'm looking forward to making some sugar free desserts with it, even though most of those desserts are Almost Level ONe treats. who else has read the books?

i'm going to make breakfast burritos with egg crepes. the recepies in the book look good.

gemini-=
way too go on the caffeine detox
it's worthit, i know it's hard but you'll feel bettter.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-06, 17:36

I think i need to read a new one, I have the eat great lose weight book, must have bought it 6 + years ago. I use splenda all the time, it works well in desserts. I really only eat sf jello with homemade whip cream when I need something sweet.
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-06, 06:23

BF:

Hi everyone-
I'be been on the road and not eating so good but I got
on the scale and I'm holding steady - no gains.
I haven't given up cafeine yet either Gem but I just
drink tea in the morning.
I may check out Montinqac's book one of these days
just out of curiosity. I like Eat Great Lose Weight cause her
other books seem to heavy into selling her products.
How are you guys doing??
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-06, 14:40

Hey there ladies!I am doing very well. I was able to button a couple of pairs of pants that would not close two weeks ago, so I can't complain right now