Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 11:56

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Day two done... I should of bought the beginners 101 tape, but I didn't know about it at the time. This one is ok, but I will need to get the book also, so I can read what the exercises are called and stuff like that. And also to have it when I can't use a VCR. I want to get it on DVD, then I could use it in my room, instead of doing it in the living room

I am really enjoying the workouts. I am tired and a little sore [I'm a real light weight] but I know as time goes on I will get stronger and more comfortable with the routine. Next week I will be adding the second exercise to the supersets, and a 3 pound weight. I did get me two 2 pound dumbbells. That is what is recommended to start. So that is what I used today. Also I ate before I did my workout... didn't set to well on my tummy, so tomorrow I am going to do it on a empty stomach.

I didn't walk today because my feet are sore from the barefoot walk yesterday and my legs were [are!] sore from the two days I walked AND I did the lower body workout today...
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 12:46

Another day done! I am loving this w/o. I think I feel every muscle in my body except maybe my ankles... I'm not real sore, enough though! I can feel my muscles even when I am just sitting, this feels good! I know that of course means they are being worked. This w/o is slow, but steady. I w/o for almost a straight 30 minutes, so when I stop, I am tired and sweating. I want to continue to take this slow and build up more, before I add more weight and reps. I am going to try and copy down the exercises I do, she says them each time we start a new one... but as I've said before, my memory is about two seconds long, most of the time... lol.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 09:22

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Hi Linda

Glad to see you are doing so well. Joyce Vedral does look fantastic and her plan is easy to follow. Good luck with it. I tried using the book while doing it but couldn't get on with that. A tape sounds a better idea but they don't sell them for outside USA. You are doing great with the walking too, and I like reading about your progress.

I hate walking in the rain, don't mind too much if it is warm, but don't like the cold (which is 80% of the time!!)

Judy
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 10:37

Smile Hello Judy...

Thank you so very much! It is nice knowing someone cares enough to keep track of me!!! As far as the tapes goes, YES, it is so much better than just the books! It says on Joyce's site that they send over sea's... I ordered mine from her site, but I am in the US...

The walking I really enjoy as long as I wear the right shoes I haven't figured out all this and how I am going to work every thing in. I have decided to take Tuesday and Thursday off of w/o, but the walking will probably have to continue 5 days a week, mostly because I don't have a car! I think I would rather do the walking on Tues. & Thurs., but I gotta do what I gotta do...

Cold 80% of the time? WOW!!! You might enjoy this 100+ weather...

Thank you again judy…
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 10:48

Default Geez....

nothing like making a mistake...
Quote:
I did not pyramid and I waited more than 15 min. between superset, because the tape is for the maximum program and I am doing the beginners, and I had to fast forward it to the next exercise.
It was suppose to read SECONDS, not MINUTES!!! I would be w/o all day if that was the case... LOL
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 11:50

Thumbs up Day 4…

Doing great! The one thing I have found is some of the exercises, I just can’t do or rather can’t do right! Like for instance, there is this one, a type of crunch, you lay on the floor knees raised… then you raise your butt [knee’s] and chest up toward each other… I can lift my butt or my chest, but for the life of me I can’t raise them together!… I know one day I will get down on that floor and WHOA, I will be doing it and doing it right! That will make this all worth it! Knowing that is what keeps me going! I feel real motivated at the moment and I hope I keep the motivation. I have a history of starting things and then not finishing it. So I am hoping to break that cycle, here and now!
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 06:13

Hiya

I know what you mean about the crunches - I'm hopeless at doing them. You may try doing the shoulders up crunches a few times, then the knees to chest ones a few times keeping your back flat. Eventually you will be able to do both things together......

Good luck. I'll be following your progress and hope the motivation lasts a long time. They say that exercise is addictive and I think I am just starting this addiction (while giving up others like coffee and sugar)

Judy
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 17:06

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 317/309/160 Female 5 FT. 9 IN.
BF:
Progress: 5%

Crunches and pushups.... YUCK! No can do. Instead of pushups from the floor, I do a variation called door pushups. They work great....watch for the hand prints though. LOL!

Hey.... do you think that if we continue to work out that one day we may be able to do the following..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oldlady.jpg (33.1 KB, 30 views)
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 12:15

Default Day 5

Great picture Meadow!
No w/o today
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 12:23

Default Day 6 done!

I didn’t use the tapes today, instead I used Joyce’s Bottom up! program, because I didn’t have access to a VCR, but no harm done! Weight training made easier is very much like the Bottoms up! program, as a matter of fact, it replaced the bottoms up! program. Seemed not as long though. she did say she had added more to the new one, and I know I didn’t do all the same exercise as I have been. I don’t seems as tired either... Tomorrow is another day off... but that is ok... I will have a bunch in a row starting Friday .

Thanks for stopping by Judy...
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 15:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/212/130 Female 5foot 7 inches
BF:44/38/20
Progress: 20%
Talking okay enough enough............................

I can not have my mom out doing me,LOL . You are doing great, and yes better than me at the momment. But maybe you starting to Wo will be good for me, I can not let me MOM become a HOTTIE before I do,,LOL K I will have to start to WO again on Thurs to catch up.Well here is to a little compentition. You will do and are doing great. Love ya Lynn
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 16:09

Way COOL Lynn!!! But you know... you have youth going for you... remember that and take advantage of it!!! Thank you soooo very much! The encouagement is fantastic... I have to keep this up, now for me, Cher and YOU!! We will do this, we will!! Gee Lynn, that was just so very sweet ...
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 09:59

Default End of week one! Day 7

No w/o today, second day off for the week BUT tomnorrow I get to add set two to each exercise using 3 pound weights for the second set along with the 2 pounds I use with the first set... Now, I know that will make me tired and SORE!!!

Joyce uses what she calls a modified pyramid system. You work up to the peak of the pyramid and stop there, in other words, you add weights to each set and simultaneously reduce the repetitions for each set until you reach the peak of the pryamid, but you do not descend the pyramid. Here is an example of the modified pryamid:

Set 1: twelve repetitions, 2 pounds
Set 2: ten repititions, 3 pounds
Set 3: eight repetitions, 5 pounds

I will be starting the second set. I do 15 repetitions for each exercise when I do not use weights for that exercise. So tomorrow I will be doing two sets of those exercises at 15 repetitions each set. That one is going to be REAL hard for some of my body parts... Beleive me!

Last edited by adnil53 : Thu, Jul-25-02 at 10:26.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 02:53

Hi Linda

Well done. Don't the weeks go by quickly!! Before we know it, our photos will be that of the lady in Meadow's picture - that was a good one LOL

Here's to week 2.....

Judy
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 11:44

Thumbs up Start of week 2, day 8, Lower & Middle body..

Ok, am I tired now!!!! And my abs.... WhoooWeee! But now that they are done, I just feel tired. My legs feel kinda like they are floating or something, not attached to me... teehee. They have been worked! Used The Bottoms Up! program once more, because I still don't have access to a VCR, but tomorrow it will be back to the tapes! And I THOUGHT I had to have the tapes to make this work... was I wrong. I just needed to get it going and the tapes helped me do that! I just feel so good! I did the first set with 2 pound weights and the second with 3 pound weights

YES, time does fly Judy!