Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-08-08, 19:59
Registered Member

Plan: pregnancy modified
Stats: 250/250/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default when did your morning sickness go away?

I'm just curious, how long did you moms have morning sickness? I've just started my 10th week, and though it seemed to subside some last week, it's back with a vengeance again this week. When did you start to see the light at the end of that gag-all-day tunnel?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 01:09
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Oooooh it sucks, doesn't it?

I had BAD morning/noon/night sickness with all 3 pregnancies, starting around the 6th week....but for all of them it almost magically subsided by the 12th-14th week, and then I felt FABULOUS (until the final few weeks--giant watermelon belly pulling on your innards).

Hopefully it'll end soon for you, too!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 01:23

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

Mine started the first day of the 6th week. It stopped the first day of the 13th week. I did have the odd day or two between weeks 6-13 that were nausea free, but it stopped for good at the end of the 12th week or so.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 08:18

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

When the baby came out. I don't want to scare you but it can last all through the pregnancy; mine got worse as the baby got bigger.

Janine
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 17:44

Plan: My Own
Stats: 215/212/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

yeah...mine was all-day sickness and it followed the pattern of the first two posters (about weeks 6-13 or so) but in the third one it stopped the minute I delivered. Hopefully you won't have that, though!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 07:07

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

I hate to tell you this but morning sickness can be a good thing , I never got it & I believe that's the reason why I gained so much weight when I was pregnant. Some people told me they lost weight because of morning sickness. But I heard typically morning sickness last the first trimester.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: pregnancy modified
Stats: 250/250/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

yes, i too have heard that morning sickness is a good sign, but its hard to appreciate that when you feel like you are on the verge of puking your guts out, all day long. oh well, its about 2x as bad as last time, so maybe this will be a boy! lol. and it does seem to be lessening some- i was able to brush my teeth today, without gagging in the sink. =)
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 09:47

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

I wonder if you have morning sickness, it means you'll have a boy. That would explain why I never had MS. Mine was a girl , I was expecting her to be very big because I heard German babies are big & her daddy is a German. My Dh was a big baby & I had gained 10 pounds the 1st month.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 11:43

Plan: My Own
Stats: 215/212/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Well it's true I didn't gain much weight with the pregnancies...in the third one I weighed less the day she was born than I had before I was pregnant...and she was nearly 9lbs! But I weighed the same at the end of each pregnancy, I just started fatter the third time.

But I was sicker with my girls, so not sure about the boy theory!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 01:24
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Even if you don't start to feel better at the time most women supposedly do, by week 14 or so, there is still hope... I'm in week 23 now and I feel so much better I can't tell you, but even two weeks ago I was still throwing up. So for me it took until week 22 to really be over the morning sickness, which started in week 6...
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 07:26

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Weight loss from morning sickness is not such a fantastic thing. I lost 30 pounds with my second but I was incredibly weakened by the pregnancy. I gained it all very quickly before I got pregnant with my third.

Janine
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 09:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I found it had a lot to do with how much sleep I got- not that pregnancy made me nausiated directly, but it made me need more sleep, and if I didn't get enough sleep, I felt sick to my stomach. Keeping my stomach from ever getting fully empty helped too- I used to get up at night for snacks when I was pg and nursing. If your nasea just came back with a vengence, I'd look to see if something else is causing stress right now- heat you're not used to, less sleep than you should have gotten, even a mild illness of some sort.

In general, morning sickness (aka all day sickness) was worst from weeks 6-10, and by week 14 it was gone completely. That was my general pattern for all 3 babies, but the details varied slightly with each one.

My 2nd pg was the hardest because I was still caring for a crawling baby/toddler during that time, and she literally needed less sleep than I did! With my 3rd pg, both girls were in school (preschool and kindy when I got pg and kindy and 1st grade when I gave birth) so I was able to get the rest I needed.

And as for the "morning sickness means a boy"- it's all BS. I was convinced I was having a 3rd girl until my son popped out and I saw the boy parts. There were no significant differences in any of my pregnancies.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 09:27
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiemk
I wonder if you have morning sickness, it means you'll have a boy. That would explain why I never had MS. Mine was a girl , I was expecting her to be very big because I heard German babies are big & her daddy is a German. My Dh was a big baby & I had gained 10 pounds the 1st month.

I have a boy - zero morning sickness with him!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-08, 01:52

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

It is different for every woman.

I didn't stop getting morning sickness until I was well into my second trimester. After about 20 weeks.

Other women get it for a couple weeks and then bam, it's over.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-08, 04:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%

No morning sickness whatsoever! I am now in my 16th week and except for feeling a bit tired (especially the first month) I don't even feel pregnant. (Every once in a while I look at the U/S picture to remind myself) I believe it is because I have been doing Atkins for over three years. No cravings, wonderful blood work and I walk 3 times a week. I have had proper weight gain. The only time I gained fat is when I unwittingly switched to a "diet" syrup that latter I found out had sugar in it! As soon as I went off that I stopped gaining fat. Since then I am staying the same weight. My belly is getting bigger and my thighs are shrinking and I feel great. I told the nurse I would not be taking the sugar test and she went ballistic! I convinced her by letting her explain that the treatment for diabetes during pregnancy is a special diet. When it got through to her that I am already doing the diet she calmed down. Well, hello!