Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 18:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/234/140
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default I've just got to share....

I have been on Inducation since Jan 2nd and I have followed everything to the letter, I am in ketosis and I've lost some pounds but I want to say this.......

I very rarely, if ever buy celery.....I had some in the fridge but can't remember what in the world I bought it for. I just knew that it would rot away to a slimey mess and never be eaten.

I want you to know, that I have just sat here and ate 3 celery sticks and they taste just like the world's best candy to me. I am so amazed and how GREAT this stuff tastes! I guess I have been so strict with what I eat that something like celery could taste soooo GOOD!!!!!

Call me nuts, but I just had to share that with you.

YUM YUM
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 02:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%

It's weird how your tastes change, Debi! You'll probably start to find that diet drinks, if you have them, are too sweet for you. I know I do. Also, I cheated like a demon over Christmas & had some chocolate- it had previously been my favourite kind but it just tasted awful! So that put paid to any chocolate cravings I had... I can tell you're not believing this, but stick with the programme & you'll see!

Good luck!

#3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins HIGHLY Modified
Stats: 247/195/135
BF:
Progress: 46%

I've had the same experience here. I picked up a celery stick at the Olive Garden and took a bite. It tasted like it had been sweetened with sugar, it was so very sweet! I was shocked and suspected, since it was a restaurant they put the celery in a sugar solution. So I handed it to my husband and asked him to taste it and tell me if it tasted super sweet. He said it was just plain, bland!!!, celery.

Amazing huh??
Jo