Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-10, 18:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/160/135 Female 5"5"
BF:
Progress:
Smile My take on the Guai Protocol

The Guaifenesin Protocol works. But why not for everyone?
There are so many reasons how it can go wrong that you can so easily overlook.
I still, after years on it, find blockers and have to fix them. Yes I cleared fast and got better really fast.
But I never would've given up my Rx meds to do it. You do not have to.
The reason it went so fast was BECAUSE I took Vicoden, muscle relaxers, tranquilizers, and all the standard Fibro "Starter Kit" of meds, LOL.
The guai just ignores all of that and does it's job no matter what Rx you want to take. Only the REALLY hard-core folks say to give up meds. Poo on them.
It sounds like Dr St. Amand is getting a bit too old at 84 to be still doing this.
I fear he may be not giving every one the whole story.
If you were doing the same thing for 50 years, you'd get a bit sloppy too.

The only money he keeps is from personal patients. ALL ELSE GOES TO THE "City of Hope"
All the paraphernalia, DVD's, etc. are only there if we want them, and WE DO! and yell at him until he provides them. They help spouses understand that we are about to go through a long stroll through hell, and this is why he is forced to provide the additional DVD's etc. It's easier that trying to get spouses to read the book.

Yes, it IS INSANE that we become groupies. But if you were healed, you'd be a total groupie of whatever fixed you too.

I have given the rest of my life to help Fibros with: diet, sleep, and Gaui Protocol. They HAVE to read the book twice. I talk to their doctors, most of whom are so out of touch and have info that is 20 years old. THEY don't even know that the patient is supposed to get worse before they get better!!!
The odds are stacked against us who know it works, because of crap like this.

Doctors are taught that Fibro is still hysteria. So why in the heck would they EVER believe Mucinex can fix Fibro. They never will. And just who is gonna pay for a fair and double-blind test? There is no person or entity who has a thing to gain from such a test. THINK ABOUT IT! Every corporation who holds the funds for an honest drug trial will do anything to fight against a trial. SO they will even offer a small trial so they can decide the test protocol "rules", such that it comes out bad. My Dad was a drug chemist. I've been a test patient and they always toss out those who don't respond as wished. I got tossed out once for a blood pressure problem. They cheat. OK? This was a capitalist country last time I checked...there is no government agent there during a drug test. Even if there was, they'd be paid off. HELLO???? please remember what country we live in when referring to $$$ drug trials.
Even after I cleared, and was running 10 miles a day my docs still mumble, "oh you are just in a long remission." You cannot go by what a doc thinks. He is just a person. He is not any smarter then any of us. He stopped researching new medical info the day they graduated. Why oh why do people put these "docs" on such a pedestal? What is this the 1960's?

Look,... Dr. Amand is 84. He is gonna be "outta here" soon.
Claudia does not have the credentials to carry this protocol on with the same UMPH. I'm scared. Even the 2006 book is out of date.
Unless those of us who know guai works get our butts in gear and at least help one other person each, it may all go down the tubes and all this work could be lost.

I don't know why about 1 in 10 do not get better in a year or 2. It is just beyond my comprehension. I just want to move in with them and watch if they are doing or touching anything in the "sal" catagory.

I do know that there is a % of Fibros whose ANA's change and they enter into Lupus. I just don't know the percentage.

To all of you who hate the Protocol: We love you and want with all our hearts not to fight with you, but to help you.
I NEVER in my wildest imagination thought I would be one of those crazy guai people.
I know exactly what the ney-sayers are talking about. It's like a secret cult.
It IS as though we've been brainwashed. Admit it. We ARE insane for guai.

I remember my first conference with Claudia as the speaker, and WOW were these some weird people:
Buying t-shirts???
Ok why do ya need a t-shirt for Fibro?.
Well...It was a scribble made by Claudia's Cartoonist-husband making fun of her Fibro.
They made some T-shirts and they went like hotcakes. ALL PROFITS whet for the NON-PROFIT "City of Hope."

We love the Fibro paraphenalia. I love to wear my shirt. We WANT them,
We WANT to shout out to the world that this crazy crap works.
Heck, maybe that's part of the drug. It makes you want to shout out your window that "This crazy stuff works!"

I'm going to run the Chicago marathon and I thought of a shirt:
Front: "GOT FIBRO?" Backside: "GET GUAI"

I am THAT insane about Guai and how it saved my butt from suicide and I could NEVER run more than 7 miles before I got super-sick with Fibro.
The only thing that stops me now is a blister!

There has to be a logical reason why a few people don't get better after a year or God-forbid two years.
I want to find out why.

Oh and about the quote I read about: ..."computer people" are the only ones who seem to be insane about guai:
Well that online support group is a huge part of getting you through every day. If you don't have access to that group on the computer then I believe you will NOT have a great % of success. It takes a 2000+ member village to get many through it. no computer?, no access to instant help=quitting.

You cannot do it alone. It's just too hard. You have to get a boost from anybody to get you not to quit almost every day of the YUCK portion.
You must have a giant support system in place. And they should all be looking out for the "sals" around you, since it's so easy to pick up a new product or food and backtrack. My map NEVER back-tracked, but I could tell that the Gaui was no longer working, so that can be confusing for those who don't get better. They assume the map will get worse. Not mine.

I still block constantly. And often it is impossible to find the offending thing.
So I stop everything. I stop bathing or even leaving the bed to stop the blocking if I can not find it.
I blocked on one drop of Restasis dry eye Rx due to the caster oil. That is about enough caster oil to douche a ladybug! LOL.

Then the mint in the low carb ice cream. Aloe in toilet paper. Not rinsing your bedding twice in case the detergent is a blocker. I'd wear the same clothes for days to stop the offending blocker. Even ladies socks now come with built-in aloe! Blockers are everywhere and for some it makes no difference, for others it stops progress and you can go backwards for months and not even know it.

My only thing left to say to the ney-sayers is:
1. Give it a year off.
2. Read the book again, just to get excited again. Get back on the GUAIGROUP of crazy brainwashed people and allow yourself to be brainwashed,...just for fun. If ya can't beat them join them.
3. Take any and all the Rx and OTC meds you want or need, that are not blockers. Heck take Morphine if you have to. It's easier to rehab off of morphine than to live with Fibro.
4. Switch around your guai. Even the precious Marina Del Rey Pharmacy guai. Add a short-acting guai to your regular dose of long-acting Guai. Try Mucinex only.
5. Be totally insane about everything you touch. Don't touch anything without gloves.
6. Do the strict Atkins diet and never ever cheat. Low Blood sugar is too similar to Fibro.
7. If you don't get a super-great day in a year, then ok, give up.
Give up the closest thing there is to a cure. Give up. But PLEASE shut up. There has to be something about you that really is different. Wait for the XMVR anti-virals which are being tested at the U of Miami right now.(written 2010) There will be a cure. Soon I pray. Soon.

But know you are loved. I love you, and I'm angrier than all get-out that the Protocol didn't work for you. If there were anything on this planet that I could do to figure out why I would, and I do, every day for those that I take under my Guai wing. Seriously, I'm moving in for a month with a gal about to start, and I will be checking every square inch of her house, her pets, her everything! before she starts. I'm having the house steam-cleaned. I'll be shopping and cooking with her.
I've discussed all of this at length with her doctor and had to set her doctor straight about all the misconceptions she had about the Protocol. And so the doc is also prepared to be part of the team to provide for her the mapping and ANY Rx meds this gal needs to make her feel as comfortable as possible during the YUCK phase.
That is how insane I am about Guai and it being a success for my Fibro pals.
Then I move onto the next gal, and so on until there is a real cure or I die.
If you've been helped by Guai: PAY IT FORWARD. I BEG YOU.

As per the non-responders: Keep on that diet, get your sleep, and take any dang med you want to make life as good as possible.

Don't be angry just because we found our answer.
Guai is honestly not a scam. It is a not-for-profit 501(c)3, but I'm sure that means nothing to you. We know you are angry. We are angry for you too.
http://www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com
The book is: "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" by
Dr. R Paul St. Amand and Claudia Marek, as of 2010 version 6 from 2006 is the most recent.
I am "Deb Fibrogirl" on Facebook. If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me. I am just a 46 year old housewife in Chicago, but I'm doing my best to leave a dent in Fibro before I die.