Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's/PP
Stats: 156/138/125
BF:?/32.5%/20%
Progress: 58%
Thumbs up great info!!!!

hi cheryl

thank you for sharing that - it was very informative!!! it's true that you have to read and reread the Atkin's book. it helps keep all that information fresh in your mind.

have you tried Atkin's shakes or bars? they might be an option for something to have.

i don't always want breakfast so sometimes i'll have a shake. the bars i find are a bit thick - i always feel like i need to drink a lot of water with them but sometimes i will cut them up in a bowl and just have a piece here and there.

these things also have some nutrients to them and if you are not eating very much then you are not getting enough vitamins which are so important, are you taking a supplement?

Ruby made a great point about your body needing food as fuel to burn fat!

A lot of people have problems overeating and that is what makes this diet so ideal for them.....My mom used to tell me as a kid "eat for the hunger to come"...especially when i didn't want to eat her dinner.....not sure what my point would be now but maybe someone will get something out of it lol

Shaneice
Sponsored Links