Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 12:03

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%
Thumbs up This really works! I can't believe....

I can't believe this really works. I started 4 days ago on induction. I was a nay sayer at first. Well, this has got to be the best thing that I could have done for my health and well-being.

I lost 5 lbs. already. I"m sure it's most water, but I feel GREEEEAAAATTT! I feel lighter, I can move around better. What the hell is going on with these carbs they are ruining our lives for those who are addicted. I'm not bloated. I just feel good. I've been reading the post for the past 5 days and noticing all the positive people that comment. You guys are great. I've been in moderate Ketosis, and I hope that's good. At least I feel like it's a good thing. I've always been a stranger to sweets, I just don't care for them. But, potato chips are my down fall. Well, pork rinds (hot & spicy) and cream cheese are allowed, and it taste very very good. I even got a co-worker to start, she's excited.

Break 2-3 slices of bacon/2 eggs or egg salad on lettuce
lunch - beef round steak w/ cup of salad
dinner - baked chicken w/ small steamed veggies with butter, yes!! butter

Lots of water!!!! gallon plus more!!!

Guys please continue to keep me motivated. Right now I'm on cloud nine. I've only dieted 2 times in my life. I lost 40 lbs both times. But I got tired of "diet" food. To bland, no flavor and always hungry. Thanks again for a chance to share my feelings.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 12:12

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Mystery2u, that is the greatest thing about the Atkin's plan. There is really no diet food! It is all normal stuff you would be eating every day anyway....minus the bad stuff

Bland or boring? Naw, add some spice and herbs to those meals! You would be amazed at what adding a dash of basil or oregano and butter to steamed veggies do.

I have been on Atkin's since April of last year, and have lost almost 40 pounds. (I went OWL to find my mark and then backed off to continue to lose)

I have found veggies now taste sweeter than they ever have before. It's such a treat to actually taste food, instead of having it masked over by the junk.

Keep up the great work! If you haven't already start up your own journal under the bootcamp/journal section to keep track of your daily menus and such. These really help out alot if you get stuck in a food rut!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 12:19

BF:
Default Thanks!!

Thanks Agony for your suggestions. I'm just so amazed at how I feel.

It's not hard for me to make changes if I'm happy doing it. And I'm happy about these changes.

I'm looking forward to reaching some of my goals. I'll treat myself to something every 10 lbs I lose.

pedicure - 10 lbs
theatre tickets - 20 lbs.
sexy outfit, or a full body massage (sparing no cost) - 30 lbs.

Sounds good so far!! So I have a lot of work to do! I jusst might go broke losing weight, LOL LOL

Thanks for the encouragement.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/174/120
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Re: This really works! I can't believe....

Quote:
Originally posted by mystery2u
I can't believe this really works. I started 4 days ago on induction. I was a nay sayer at first. Well, this has got to be the best thing that I could have done for my health and well-being.

I lost 5 lbs. already. I've been reading the post for the past 5 days and noticing all the positive people that comment. You guys are great.
Guys please continue to keep me motivated. Right now I'm on cloud nine. I've only dieted 2 times in my life. I lost 40 lbs both times. But I got tired of "diet" food. To bland, no flavor and always hungry. Thanks again for a chance to share my feelings.

Welcome! This is a great site, with some very supportive people.
Yes, it does really work!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 16:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default mystery

Hi there...

I would have to agree with everything you said my dear..

I havent lost but 7 pounds and a pant size...but the way I feel since I have been doing this is soooo worth it. I have so much more energy than I did before..its amazing..

Keep it up..

Laura
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 16:49

Stats: 215/209/165
BF:
Progress: 12%

The way I figure it water weight is still weight. Have to get rid of it before the "real" losing begins!

What part of VA are you in? It's nice to see someone else from my neck of the woods.

Keep up the positive attitude and great things will happen!!!

Kelly
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 03:23

BF:
Thumbs up

I'm from Richmond, VA. I happen to beup at 4:20 EST. I can't get my mind off this diet. Trying to figure out was to change up my menu selection, do don't get tired of the same thing.

Also amazed at the feelings I get from this diet. No cravings at all!!! I hope this isn't another case of to good to be true. Because I'm feeling damn good right now.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 18:24

Stats: 215/209/165
BF:
Progress: 12%

4:20 in the am? Wow...that's early! Heck, I don't even go to bed until 1 or so...heehee

I'm from the Beach so we aren't too far from each other. I'm new on this too and totally understand about hoping the lack of hunger and such don't go away. It's so refreshing to be on a "diet" that isn't starving us.

Good luck to ya!

Kelly