Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-11, 16:18

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default How long to burn off a glass of wine with excercise

I'm in ketosis and heard that if I have a glass of wine, I'll still be in ketosis but won't burn fat until I burn off the alcahol first.

How much time does it take to burn off a glass of wine, Would an extra 20 minutes of cardio do it??

I think I could stay on this diet forever if I could only have a glass on wine on occation
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-11, 08:51

Plan: keto/atkins/no cow dairy
Stats: 230/217/170 Female 5" 8'
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey Kelley,
I drink wine every once in a while. I have been pretty good at staying away from it, but last night I had 3 glasses over a 5-6 hour period.
I weighed this morning and I was down 1.5lbs. I am lower then I was. Now I know this is water loss, since alcohol dehydrates you, but it seems for me that wine every once in a while breaks the little mini-stalls that I see (where my weight bounces around the same 3lbs for 2-3 weeks). I am at a new low now. I know I will bounce back up but then I will come down again.
That being said, if you have a glass of wine in the evening, by morning I would say all the alcohol in your system is long gone and there is no set time to "work it off" with cardio.
I went through a period the last time I did Atkins (3 years ago), where I was having a glass of wine practically every day. That stalled me out no matter what I did during the day.
So, for me, occassional not daily drinks, is the key.
Cerridwen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-11, 11:41

BF:

C, thanks for your input. I have not got on the scale this morning. I was afraid because I had book club last night and drank 3 glasses of wine. I was SOOOOO good with the food but couldn't stay away from the wine.

It took 5 days to lose 1 pound and I probably just put it back on. I'm trying to tell myself this is a life style change not a diet.After your post, I may actually go way in...yikes

wine seems to be my achilles heal.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-11, 12:33

BF:

Hey C, I lost a pound! I know it's not something I should try again soon but what a relief. I am out of Ketosis so I may have lost more if I hadn't drank the three glasses.

BUT I AM SO HAPPY THE SCALE MOVED!

I will try and keep it to a once in a while thing. Thanks for the tip
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-13-11, 10:08

Plan: keto/atkins/no cow dairy
Stats: 230/217/170 Female 5" 8'
BF:
Progress: 22%

Congratulations...
I ended up having a couple of glasses of wine last night again, and the scale is down again by a pound.
The bottles gone so I won't be doing it again soon : ).
I know that we shouldn't hang so much on the scale, but when you're exercising like I am, and eating properly and the darn thing isn't moving, it's incredibly frustrating.
BTW have you seen Fat Head? my Dh and I watched it last night. It reiterated a lot that I already knew, but it is an interesting watch if you get the chance!
C.