Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-12, 13:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default How Many Here Still Track?

I have an app on my ipad that I use every day. I even use it with a few guesses when I travel.
I watch calories, carbs, fat and protein. I don't feel I am obsessing, I just want to know so I don't have to fight gains too large anymore. I hope to be able to feel comfortable someday to not have to do that, but right now, and in the foreseeable future, I will track.

I am curious how many others still track?

How? By your eating or your weight?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-12, 18:33

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I keep it all wrote in a journal and every now and then I will put it into MYPlan. More to make sure my eyes aren't bigger than my stomach I can be that way sometimes.

But after all these years of dieting, I know how many calories is in 3 oz of fatty met, or what a C of green beens is or a TBSP of butter is. I can glance at my journal and give an approxamite carbs for the day, I like to round up also.

Maybe I'll put todays meals in, just for the fun of it.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-12, 20:41

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%

I'm not sure when I started maintenace, it's close to a year. I don't count anything, I know anything with sugar is off limits and since I have celiac wheat isn't a problem. I never use bad oils, only butter,olive oil or coconut oil.I have potatoes a few times a week and it hasn't affected my weight.
I weigh myself once a week and basically I've stayed the same give or take a pound.
I don't ever want to count calories again in my life, that was the beauty of adkins, calories wern't a issue.
I think with me it was the sugar that was the problem, the only sweetners I use is stevia or eryrithol.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 06:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie328
I'm not sure when I started maintenace, it's close to a year. I don't count anything, I know anything with sugar is off limits and since I have celiac wheat isn't a problem. I never use bad oils, only butter,olive oil or coconut oil.I have potatoes a few times a week and it hasn't affected my weight.
I weigh myself once a week and basically I've stayed the same give or take a pound.
I don't ever want to count calories again in my life, that was the beauty of adkins, calories wern't a issue.
I think with me it was the sugar that was the problem, the only sweetners I use is stevia or eryrithol.

Thats what I'd like to do when I'm in maintence. Meat, veggie, a small potatoe or fruit and my oils. I eat berries now on occasion without troubles, I can't wait for maintance, I seem to maintain rather well
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 09:41

Stats: 204/150/150 Female 5'6"
BF:

I too use an app to track my daily weight, calories, carbs and fat percentages. Keeps me on the straight and narrow pun intended
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 09:54

BF:

Do to this subject, I decided to put yesterdays meals into My PLAN. I already log it all in my journal, why not. I was happy with the numbers, they were very low, they will be a touch higher today, but still in weight loss mode.

I want maintence, I do so well at not loosing any, I think I could do maintence
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 10:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

I dont track anything. I eat small, low carb meals and snacks, I've been doing atkins for so long that I kinda know what I can and cant eat and how much. I dont weigh myself or measure myself. I simply go on my clothes getting loser and that I dont have any IBS, aching joints or muscles and I dont feel bloated.

I'm not up to speed with this modern technology lol!!!

Jo xxx
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 11:05

Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D
I too use an app to track my daily weight, calories, carbs and fat percentages. Keeps me on the straight and narrow pun intended

Whew, Chris, I am glad I am not the only one! maybe some day I will be able to follow a general plan, but right now I need the confidence of tracking.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 14:41

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

i still weigh myself daily. i know what i can and can't have so i don't really need to count, plus i don't really eat much. i usually have brunch & dinner...sometimes just brunch & a snack. my meals are small. even with eating some lc foods that are meant for maintenance...i still lose because like i said i don't each much.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-12, 15:41
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I weigh daily too- and keep on my plan.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-12, 17:02
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Being that I never did actually track numbers, I don't track now. But I eat according to my plan and watch the scale regularly. I eat off plan foods once in a while and keep them to a minimum.

For example, I walked through the Farmers Market last Friday. There are these guys there that sell homemade hard pretzels w/ salt! too good and a true treat for me. I bought a $1- bag of broken pieces, shared a few with my greyhound and found a homeless person to give the rest of the bag. I can't even hold onto them as they burn a hole in my pocket, if you know what I mean.
I don't do that daily but once every couple of weeks.